• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you take Ivan Gazidis back?

Would you prefer Ivan or Raúl?

• Total voters

Pop Tart

Established Member
d68zsy6dbfd31.png

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
In key positions they were poor. Luiz poor all season, Dani only started to perform in June or July, before then this forum wanted to send him back to Spain.

What were the other signings? Pepe and Tierney, so that’s 50%.

You are right here.. Jury is still out on all of the signings too, only Leno has proven to be consistently good so far. Rest needs to prove themselves..

In the end results is all that matters, if he gets us top 4 he's been a huge success, if we end up miles behind 4th again he's been a massive failure.. If it's somewhere in between you need to look at context etc.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Ivan's incompetence in his early years destroyed the club. In latter years he formed a team of individuals with completely different philosophies (including the despised Raul) causing a mess and then fecked off .

You lot are crazy.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That’s rubbish. We finished 2 points off 3rd last season and reached a European final.
Last season was on Emery. With the limited funds available, you couldn't blame Raul for late season collapse

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ivan's incompetence in his early years destroyed the club. In latter years he formed a team of individuals with completely different philosophies (including the despised Raul) causing a mess and then fecked off .

You lot are crazy.

My point was not so much about Ivan the executive but the figure head role he played post Sven and Raúl hirings.

Contrasting philosophies are a keystone of any successful business but you need someone to keep them in check and pull from both.

I’d take him back in an oversight role with no involvement in football activity but forcing Sven and Raúl types to work together.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
My point was not so much about Ivan the executive but the figure head role he played post Sven and Raúl hirings.

Contrasting philosophies are a keystone of any successful business but you need someone to keep them in check and pull from both.

I’d take him back in an oversight role with no involvement in football activity but forcing Sven and Raúl types to work together.

I get the point, it's an interesting angle. But man, his stain 'till 2018 is too big to be easily rinsed. If he came in 2018 and did the "restructuring" and stayed as a glue that holds it all together than maybe I'd consider it.

So an Ivan-like role, yes I'd consider.
But since he's the one who got us in this mess in the first place... Not a chance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I get the point, it's an interesting angle. But man, his stain 'till 2018 is too big to be easily rinsed. If he came in 2018 and did the "restructuring" and stayed as a glue that holds it all together than maybe I'd consider it.

So an Ivan-like role, yes I'd consider.
But since he's the one who got us in this mess in the first place... Not a chance.

Yeah that’s fair, he’s totally inept as a footballing executive but our upper management has been a joke since Dein left.

Club not hiring an expert to overrule Wenger and work under Gazidis is what killed us for years.

I’d still like someone above Raúl as I’m sceptical that a pure agent driven approach is the way to succeed although I guess we’ll see.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Gazidis is an example of that boss you find in any random company. That has legit no ideea how to do his job or how he got the job. He is the one and true bauld fraud, the Michaell Scott of the football world(without the likeable qualities )

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Can't really compare and contrast anymore because the one in seat instead of Ivan isn't even a ****ing football person. :facepalm:

Top Bottom