• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Waits in the number?

Some teams build up through the middle others use the flanks to approach play and then theres the long ball tactic; not exactly rocket science!

It depends on the coaches philosophy where they want their 10s positioned during different playing phases.
So Özil can only play in just one specific way?
That is to bypass the build up, playing counter. Let Özil not contributing in any aspect of the game but just focus on the final third?

Even if the whole opponent team has retreated back deep, which you have no point to play counter, you still play counter attack?

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Waits in the number?

Some teams build up through the middle others use the flanks to approach play and then theres the long ball tactic; not exactly rocket science!

It depends on the coaches philosophy where they want their 10s positioned during different playing phases.
So we should change how we approach our build up play just so we can fit in Özil?
Makes a lot sense :lol:

GoonerJay24

So we should change how we approach our build up play just so we can fit in Özil?
Makes a lot sense :lol:

When did I ever say this?

I was just responding to the other poster who says Özil didn't contribute much to the build up phase

If possible I'd like us to get rid of Özil as he isn't the same player anymore

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Attacking midfielder doesn’t get involved in the build up is the funniest criticism. Especially when we’ve got Pep lite as the manager.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I hate Wenger and camp outside his home shouting BREXIT NOW and WENGER OUT!
I like Wenger a lot. He was no doubt top class with his vision in football. He brings a great culture to us, bringing our club forward. Amazing achievement. His man management was top class. He does have a broad perspective of looking at things. His tactics was also good enough to win us titles for the old eras.

It’s just sad that modern tactics has evolved and he couldn’t keep up. Because of this, we were tactically outclassed especially when playing against big teams. He was never a top tactician.

Would loved to have him in our higher management. I like him a lot as a manager, but he is not perfect. So I do agree with the wenger out campaign. I never hate him as a person. He is the reason why I get into football, why would I hate him? I just hate the fact that he is still in charge of tactics, when the tactical landscape in the world has drastically changed, way past his time. Should have moved on earlier.

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

So Özil can only play in just one specific way?
That is to bypass the build up, playing counter. Let Özil not contributing in any aspect of the game but just focus on the final third?

Even if the whole opponent team retreated back deep, which you have no point to play counter, you still play counter attack?

I don't want Özil back in the team he's past it now

I'm just pointing out that midfield personnel is important, for instance when Cazorla, Ramsey and going back Arteta played behind Mesut he was more effective for the team

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I like Wenger a lot. He was no doubt top class with his vision in football. He brings a great culture to us, bringing our club forward. Amazing achievement. His man management was top class. He does have a broad perspective of looking at things. His tactics was also good enough to win us titles for the old eras.

It’s just sad that modern tactics has evolved and he couldn’t keep up. Because of this, we were tactically outclassed especially when playing against big teams. He was never a top tactician.

Would loved to have him in our higher management. I like him a lot as a manager, but he is not perfect. So I do agree with the wenger out campaign. I never hate him as a person. He is the reason why I get into football, why would I hate him? I just hate the fact that he is still in charge of tactics, when the tactical landscape in the world has drastically changed, way past his time. Should have moved on earlier.

ok Unai

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't want Özil back in the team he's past it now

I'm just pointing out that midfield personnel is important, for instance when Cazorla, Ramsey and going back Arteta played behind Mesut he was more effective for the team
Who will not be better with Cazorla played behind?
We need more players (similar to Cazorla) to constantly connects with Cazorla to build our midfield domination. Not having someone who sacrificed the team’s midfield control, just waiting for cazorla’s supply in the final third. If our midfield is being outnumbered, we won’t even have supply to the final third. Every players (or at least the 5 or 6 attacking players) should be actively involved in the build up, to be within the supply chain.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
We need more players (similar to Cazorla) to constantly connects with Cazorla to build our midfield domination. Not having someone who sacrificed the team’s midfield control, just waiting for cazorla’s supply in the final third. If our midfield is being outnumbered, we won’t even have supply to the final third. Every players (or at least the 5 or 6 attacking players) should be actively involved in the build up, to be within the supply chain.

Unai, why does it say "Copy & Paste Merchant" on your bio?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don’t get your logic. Criticising Özil must be a fan of emery? Funny, because I don’t like both.

I know you are an emery fangirl, and an Arteta hater. Why do you like emery so much bringing him up all the time? And why do you hate Arteta?

I have praised Arteta very highly and have stated the issue with emery’s tactics. People here know my stance, so you are fooling no one here.:lol:

You want to take revenge because you’ve got triggered not smart enough to get the joke? Sorry to make you feel embarrassed in front of everyone.

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I don’t get your logic. Criticising Özil must be a fan of emery? Funny, because I don’t like both.

I know you are an emery fangirl, and an Arteta hater. Why do you like emery so much bringing him up all the time? And why do you hate Arteta?

I have praised Arteta very highly and have stated the issue with emery’s tactics. People here know my stance, so you are fooling no one here.:lol:
Imagine being an Unai fan

GoonerJay24

Yes my friend it's all about the quality of players ultimately; even if numerically disadvantaged in certain zones high player quality and technique can negate this

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yes my friend it's all about the quality of players ultimately; even if numerically disadvantaged in certain zones high player quality and technique can negate this
Tactics is about creating overload and prevent opponent’s overload.
The better quality of the player, the better he is able to be involved in play, which helps to create the overload.

GoonerJay24

Tactics is about creating overload and prevent opponent’s overload.
The better quality of the player, the better he is able to be involved in play, which helps to create the overload.

A team like Cardiff could set up to create overloads on the pitch against Barcelona; but this won't matter as Barca have better technical players.

At the end of the day quality is more important than tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom