• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If the 2023 is really his contract at the moment then his price won't go down much next year. It'll be this year not next year if he end up at United. Next year other clubs like Barcelona will go for him due to their ageing attackers.

That's what I'm saying, though. Dortmund is in no need to sell right now, especially if prices are down/United want to haggle. Sancho is on a longterm contract, it's an unusual market this summer and as you say next year there might be way more clubs interested and willing to pay which will drive the price up instead of down like this summer.

I guess if United agree the 120m and Sancho pushes for a move, it might well happen, but don't think Dortmund are willing to lower their asking price as next summer there might ensue a bidding war for him and they don't need cash right now. It's better for them to keep their team together for next season instead of opting for the money rain.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
That's what I'm saying, though. Dortmund is in no need to sell right now, especially if prices are down/United want to haggle. Sancho is on a longterm contract, it's an unusual market this summer and as you say next year there might be way more clubs interested and willing to pay which will drive the price up instead of down like this summer.

I guess if United agree the 120m and Sancho pushes for a move, it might well happen, but don't think Dortmund are willing to lower their asking price as next summer there might ensue a bidding war for him and they don't need cash right now. It's better for them to keep their team together for next season instead of opting for the money rain.

What you said is ''it's off''.

The reality is that Dortmund will sell if the offer is good.

Sancho is United primary target, when a player who wants to leaves becomes our primary target, we will secure the deal just like with Maguire & Bruno.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
What you said is ''it's off''.

The reality is that Dortmund will sell if the offer is good.

Sancho is United primary target, when a player who wants to leaves becomes our primary target, we will secure the deal just like with Maguire & Bruno.

yeah, not so sure. Currently definitely in the off camp. Also those reports about player and club having agreed terms seem a bit premature, that's at least what's coming out from Germany right now.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
yeah, not so sure. Currently definitely in the off camp. Also those reports about player and club having agreed terms seem a bit premature, that's at least what's coming out from Germany right now.

No it's not premature. United talked to Gabriel's agent about the contract but didn't talk to Lille. Not the first time United spoke to player's agent about the contract before the club just to estimate the demand of the player & the agent first. Both United & Sancho are in agreement with the initial contract term.

Maguire was in the Leicester training game & played their pre-season and he joined us. Transfer window just open two weeks ago and will be close in October not August.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No it's not premature. United talked to Gabriel's agent about the contract but didn't talk to Lille. Not the first time United spoke to player's agent about the contract before the club just to estimate the demand of the player & the agent first. Both United & Sancho are in agreement with the initial contract term.

Maguire was in the Leicester training game & played their pre-season and he joined us. Transfer window just open two weeks ago and will be close in October not August.
You just sound like you’re trying to convince yourself at this rate.

You have no leverage, you’re paying at least 100M or he’s staying. No cut price deal because of that secret renewal.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You just sound like you’re trying to convince yourself at this rate.

You have no leverage, you’re paying at least 100M or he’s staying. No cut price deal because of that secret renewal.

Not sure where I expect the cut price deal. Did we sign Pogba, Lukaku, Maguire with cut price deal?

End of the day United is trying to negotiate to get a good deal, if it's not working out then they will end up paying because that's what we do when we make the player as our no 1 target.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Could you convert Wan Bissaka into a CB?

Martial looks excellent in the middle now, can hold the ball, he’s strong, his link up is probably the best in the league, going past players for fun, team player etc. Thought Utd needed a striker, maybe Jimenez but I don’t see the point now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Martial looks excellent in the middle now, can hold the ball, he’s strong, his link up is probably the best in the league, going past players for fun, team player etc. Thought Utd needed a striker, maybe Jimenez but I don’t see the point now.

No, he's rubbish on the ball and in the air.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Bissaka strength is in his dribble, tackle, anticipation & 1v1 situation. His crossings gotten better but still no where near top. However his weakness is that he's not good to keep possession when under pressure & his passing ability is awful so he doesn't have the ability to be ball playing CB. And his defending positioning isn't known to be very good. Don't think he should go into CB at this moment.

Martial will be our regular striker and probably our POTY this season, he's probably the one look more matured in his decision making compare to Rashford & Greenwood. The Jimenez rumour recently was fake.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Bissaka strength is in his dribble, tackle, anticipation & 1v1 situation. His crossings gotten better but still no where near top. However his weakness is that he's not good to keep possession when under pressure & his passing ability is awful so he doesn't have the ability to be ball playing CB. And his defending positioning isn't known to be very good. Don't think he should go into CB at this moment.

Martial will be our regular striker and probably our POTY this season, he's probably the one look more matured in his decision making compare to Rashford & Greenwood. The Jimenez rumour recently was fake.

I don't think he can dribble to be honest mate. He's one of the most awkward looking players with the ball on his feet. There's a massive difference when it comes to being on the ball compared to his off the ball talents.

He's still young at 22 and can learn how to cross and improve his passing technique, but I've never seen a player develop dribbling skills from his starting point, it's usually apparent when they are young and it's a matter of if they have that ability or not. He does the ability to make that half step and flash a quick cross but very rare we see him get to those positions.

In hindsight, I understand signing him with his defensive talent but I'm not sure he supports the RW enough and it's already a spot where we don't have a natural crosser in. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Laird competes with him soon.

Last edited:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I don't think he can dribble to be honest mate. He's one of the most awkward looking players with the ball on his feet. There's a massive difference when it comes to being on the ball compared to his off the ball talents.

He's still young at 22 and can learn how to cross and improve his passing technique, but I've never seen a player develop dribbling skills from his starting point, it's usually apparent when they are young and it's a matter of if they have that ability or not. He does the ability to make that half step and flash a quick cross but very rare we see him get to those positions.

In hindsight, I understand signing him with his defensive talent but I'm not sure he supports the RW enough and it's already a spot where we don't have a natural crosser in. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Laird competes with him soon.

Bissaka dribbling isn't Sancho or Martial type of dribble that relies on pure control. However he can beat his man with his dribble.

Bissaka has 1.5 per game average of dribble successful this season, 1.7 in 18/19, 1.9 in 17/18.
Trent only had 0.6 this season while Walker only had 0.8.

Bissaka's problem is his defensive awareness & his ability on the ball when on possession under pressure. He doesn't have composure when you press him or give him no space. He can still beat his man, after all he used to be winger when he was in academy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom