• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It depends, if you are Mexican, Jew or black then you get punished if you are blond then is a joke. BTW I am Mexican so probably I am getting punished for being racist against my own people :(:(:(
Not sure I understand bro but yh, it’s a disgrace.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I would genuinely send him to a club with a large fan base I.e. Leeds, Villa, Newcastle or even one of the Old Firm or keep him close i.e. Palace or Fulham.

Consistent football will either raise his value and confidence or show us that he isn't ready/good enough.

Not sure he can contribute much here next season, but there's definitely a player in there.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I would genuinely send him to a club with a large fan base I.e. Leeds, Villa, Newcastle or even one of the Old Firm or keep him close i.e. Palace or Fulham.

Consistent football will either raise his value and confidence or show us that he isn't ready/good enough.

Not sure he can contribute much here next season, but there's definitely a player in there.

Curious. What’s your thinking here?

Isn’t the main thing that he plays for the right manager? I.e that plays attacking football and trusts young players?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nelson won't go to turkey loan or permanent he still have career ahead of him.

truth_hurts

Curious. What’s your thinking here?

Isn’t the main thing that he plays for the right manager? I.e that plays attacking football and trusts young players?

To play with a bit of pressure. I know top level football is pressure, but performing infront of 50,000 at St. James's is far different to playing in front of 14,000 for Bournemouth.

If you can get both the right style of play and pressure level that's ideal. Would Nelson playing for say Steve Bruce week in, week out in The Premier League be worse than playing positive football as part of Fulham's relegation scrap with Scott Parker?

Newcastle is a bad example though as they actually have two quality wide men already.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To play with a bit of pressure. I know top level football is pressure, but performing infront of 50,000 at St. James's is far different to playing in front of 14,000 for Bournemouth.

If you can get both the right style of play and pressure level that's ideal. Would Nelson playing for say Steve Bruce week in, week out in The Premier League be worse than playing positive football as part of Fulham's relegation scrap with Scott Parker?

Newcastle is a bad example though as they actually have two quality wide men already.
Would prefer him to play without pressure, remind himself that he's actually good at football then come back with belief in his own ability. Pressure +lack of confidence has resulted in the timid Reiss we've seen all season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

That’s my concern.

I think it’s a good point though and I agree he should go somewhere where there’s a bit of pressure.

@MutableEarth will have a better view than me but Reiss strikes me as a player who’d benefit most from an environment where he’s allowed to be adventurous and make mistakes, as compared to someone like Saka, he plays a little too much within himself.

He has the talent to be a top level player if he can develop physically and mentally.

truth_hurts

The other side of big crowds could be becoming loved by a fan base. Although not getting sufficient minutes, Nketiah seemed to be well liked by Leeds fans.

Our home atmosphere is toxic, I can assume that other clubs fans won't boo bad touches, lazy passes or going in at HT a goal down like happens so often at The Emirates.

I think the likelihood is that Nelson stays though with Martinelli' injury and rumours of Willian playing centrally.

AndStill

I normally hype youngsters up as much as the next but ive never seen much with Nelson to put him as our brightest prospect. I clearly didn't see him at youth level but I've seen enough at senior level to know that he hasn't successfully transitioned yet to senior football.

A loan with consistent football will do his confidence so much good.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That’s my concern.

I think it’s a good point though and I agree he should go somewhere where there’s a bit of pressure.

@MutableEarth will have a better view than me but Reiss strikes me as a player who’d benefit most from an environment where he’s allowed to be adventurous and make mistakes, as compared to someone like Saka, he plays a little too much within himself.

He has the talent to be a top level player if he can develop physically and mentally.
Yes, as @Trilly said, he needs to be reminded that he is actually a very talented player. I think Nelson definitely needs to be put in a position where he has license to take risks and be more imaginative in his play, that's often where he's thrived. He's normally a very flamboyant player who can score a lot of goals and be a consistent threat in the final 3rd - but as he developed in the U23s, he effectively became the creative hub of that team - playing often at #10 and LW, dominating the ball and taking plenty of touches. The season we won the U23 league, he scored 12 goals, despite not playing all the games. He is someone that has goals in him and does have creative ability aswell.

I think it's not so much pressure that he should avoid, but rather he needs to be given the confidence and a prominent role to give him more impetus IMO. Not sure what team would offer that but I think he could get that in the PL. Think he'd be good for West Ham or Fulham. Maybe Palace but they might not trust him as much.

CanadianGooner1608

If we take into account what Sterling and Sané said about how Arteta helped their development, I feel like keeping Reiss around would help him a lot more than a loan.
Reiss just needs something to click for him. I'm not sure what the "something" is, but everytime I watch him play I can feel how close he is to getting it.
Once/If it unlocks, he might turn into a monster.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If we take into account what Sterling and Sané said about how Arteta helped their development, I feel like keeping Reiss around would help him a lot more than a loan.
Reiss just needs something to click for him. I'm not sure what the "something" is, but everytime I watch him play I can feel how close he is to getting it.
Once/If it unlocks, he might turn into a monster.
I agree, he's always on the cusp without quite going over it. The problem is, I think he needs far more football than he's getting. That's the catch 22.

CanadianGooner1608

I agree, he's always on the cusp without quite going over it. The problem is, I think he needs far more football than he's getting. That's the catch 22.

I admittedly have a soft spot for the kid. If it's frustrating for us, I can't imagine how it must feel for him.

I agree with you, he needs gametime and guidance. The issue is he could get regular gametime elsewhere, but as far as guidance goes, there is nobody I'd trust more than our manager.

It's a tricky one for sure. Not sure which is the best direction for him, I just hope we get to see him at his best.

Jakarta

Loan to a prem side? Smh this guy isn’t at that level yet.

He needs a loan to the championship at a team where he will get consistent minutes.

truth_hurts

Loan to a prem side? Smh this guy isn’t at that level yet.

He needs a loan to the championship at a team where he will get consistent minutes.

Started games in The Premier League and Bundesliga. Premier League loan is logical. It would be a backwards step joining a Championship team.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Difficult call. He needs more game time, and strong preference of course is to keep him in the PL. However, don't think he gets significant game time on loan at many PL sides. Would rather keep him than send him to the Championship.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
I’m sure he’s talented but he lacks the bollocks that Saka/Martinelli have. They seized opportunities with both hands, Reiss had a massive chance with Iwobi/Mikhi gone last summer but he didn’t show anything. A loan is probably the best idea but I’m not convinced.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I worry that he just doesn't have 'it'. Even against MK Dons he looks to have been lacking personality and ideas, look at him beating a man and putting in a cross to no one, or making a lay-off passively to the opposition.

In the end, having personality is important if you want to be a top footballer. Reiss may just not have that personality.

I don't understand why he didn't come back with more confidence from Hoffenheim after scoring so many goals in few minutes, and a few of them fantastic.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I worry that he just doesn't have 'it'. Even against MK Dons he looks to have been lacking personality and ideas, look at him beating a man and putting in a cross to no one, or making a lay-off passively to the opposition.

In the end, having personality is important if you want to be a top footballer. Reiss may just not have that personality.

I don't understand why he didn't come back with more confidence from Hoffenheim after scoring so many goals in few minutes, and a few of them fantastic.
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/riess-nelson-2020-21-performances.34392/

Post that here instead, mate. I thought there was a link for a loan ffs :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom