• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Btw with him returning and Torreira and Guendouzi both likely to leave. We may need another midfielder apart from Partey although Ainsley is versatile and can play in that role

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That’s what I’m questioning. He didn’t play well till June/July so what’s the point? Now he’s gone.

No one can predict how a player performs. He has quality for sure so it was worth the gamble vs. not getting anyone.

Also we cannot get an option to buy if Madrid won't agree to it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would be hurtful to see him sitting on Madrids bench next year. We will probably be losing Torreria, Guendouzi and El Nenny. We need to bring at least 2 midfielders in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Btw with him returning and Torreira and Guendouzi both likely to leave. We may need another midfielder apart from Partey although Ainsley is versatile and can play in that role

Partey and one other is now a must, would've just been handy to get Ceballos on loan again with obligation to buy

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's a bit disappointing but if we keep AMN and he continues to blossom, then that softens the blow. AMN, Xhaka, Partey and another starter who us more creative and we may be able to progress with Arteta's coaching

drippin

Ceballos himself said though he would not want to return to Madrid unless he plays and not be a squad player

He has 3 years in contract, so Madrid has no problem to keep him for one year as a squad player. Zidane can promise game time and drop him later if not performing at top level constantly.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Torreira and Guendouzi are leaving. Raul will have to sign him on a loan/permanent deal one way or another.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Buendia is an excellent option to replace Ceballos and would probably cost a similar amount.
Yes, he could easily play as 8 ... But I don't trust this club for doing smart business. We just lose our best midfielder. Now we have no one who can collect the ball deep and play it to other players. Xhaka can't deal with pressing because he has cero dribbling and ability.

As I said before, Thiago Is most important player in Bayern and that what we were lacking until Ceballos started to do it a bit. Santi did that and was one of our best midfields in years.

I wouldn't trust a midfield of Xhaka - Partey (if we sing Partey because is not secure) ... Xhaka is so static and Partey is not a pure box to box or someone who dictates the game from deep.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ffs, basically the worst timing ever with us and Dani.
Every other year they would not even have bothered, but they have to rebuild whilst being hit by Corona at the same time

Manberg

Predator
I’m gutted because he’s a type of player we really need and he’s getting better. Would’ve been cheap too. We won’t find another such player so easily.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Still believe this is just bluffing from Madrid to make us buy him instead of asking for another loan, we're probably pushing for a loan with option to buy while they want money now.

Zidane is still there, given the opportunity I'm sure he'd prefer to invest 25-30m rather than try to salvage the relationship with Dani.

drippin

That was already going to happen as @hydrofluoric acid has stated from the start. Can’t believe that management seemed oblivious

I have to stop reading this thread. :D People keep on and on how stupid the management was here, eventhough they basically had no option.

Madrid didn't give us the option to buy, it was not on the table. Also with no money to buy, you have to loan.

But I leave at this. Not sure who we could have loaned with similar quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom