• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Correcto.

Going to London 3-4 times a year over the course of 15-20 years as I have family there does make me a decent judge. It isnt an isolated visit as some may have said.

Saying that I dont hang out in some places others may do.

Knickers not in a twist however I prefer on forums to stick to opinions about the team and the players. Too many people posting memes, talking pure rubbish trying to sound like they are some gangster from Top Boy and generally not contributing with a solid argument.

I guess when you have public forums you get that. I should know better.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Correcto.

Going to London 3-4 times a year over the course of 15-20 years as I have family there does make me a decent judge. It isnt an isolated visit as some may have said.

Saying that I dont hang out in some places others may do.

Knickers not in a twist however I prefer on forums to stick to opinions about the team and the players. Too many people posting memes, talking pure rubbish trying to sound like they are some gangster from Top Boy and generally not contributing with a solid argument.

I guess when you have public forums you get that. I should know better.

A forum should be a fun place where people give different opinions. Memes and part of it. I guess this isn't the forum for you Jeeves.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I live in London and I don’t know anybody over the age of 18 who uses the word “blud”.

Exactly what I thought. When I am over I drink in all the Arsenal bars around the stadium sometimes go to the Islington for a few pints too if Arsenal are playing away and I want to watch the match on tv. Age group ranges anything from mid 20s to 60 odd and never once heard it.

People copying a YouTuber is all it is.

Reactions: roz

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
A forum should be a fun place where people give different opinions. Memes and part of it. I guess this isn't the forum for you Jeeves.

Fun place sure. But there also has to be some input to the reason we are all here which is Arsenal. If people cant contribute to the football side of it what is the point.

You give a logical argument about something and someone replies.

"You dumb blud"

Hardly fun nor worth posting.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Who cares how people speak ffs :lol:

All that matters is they aren't ****s or (for men) ginger...just be a good person.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Who cares how people speak ffs :lol:

All that matters is they aren't ****s or (for men) ginger...just be a good person.

Ok blud man waddaaaap bruda gonna sign Thomas Parteybludclaaaat and give da man 200 big ones bruda yeduppp you get me man you get me.

Shalmaneser V

Exactly what I thought. When I am over I drink in all the Arsenal bars around the stadium sometimes go to the Islington for a few pints too if Arsenal are playing away and I want to watch the match on tv. Age group ranges anything from mid 20s to 60 odd and never once heard it.

It’s usage is more prevalent among black youths.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It’s usage is more prevalent among black youths.

What I dont understand is using it in a forum when trying to argue and discuss something. Maybe it's just me. I prefer to speak to people who can articulate their ideas without needing to use language that doesnt even make sense that you wouldnt use in the run of the mill daily life.

My family live on Malpas road so hardly a super affluent place in London.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I see no issue with this.

State of this on the other hand...

57e254835e7e2efd94000001.jpg

vomit1.gif

So in all honesty what I wrote you think that is ok and normal to have conversations or debates with people? I generally dont know if this is normal or not.lol

Riou

So in all honesty what I wrote you think that is ok and normal to have conversations or debates with people? I generally dont know if this is normal or not.lol

Throwing in a bit of slang into a conversation is fine, some people just have different ways of speaking, that's life.

#PaulScholesIsAMess

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Throwing in a bit of slang into a conversation is fine, some people just have different ways of speaking, that's life.

#PaulScholesIsAMess

What does Blud mean though? As someone who has lived in both Northern ireland, Scotland Spain and Australia I know my fair bit of slang.

I dont try and form my arguments or opinions using language most people wont know.

Riou

What does Blud mean though? As someone who has lived in both Northern ireland, Scotland Spain and Australia I know my fair bit of slang.

I dont try and form my arguments or opinions using language most people wont know.

"Blud (Russian: Блуд), one of the Slavic fairies in Slavic mythology, is an evil-deity that causes disorientation and leads a person aimlessly around and round. The term also refers to illicit fornication, the desire for which Slavic clerics claimed to come from the Devil."

...being serious though, I think it's used as another way to say "mate"

DasBootist

Blud? What does that mean in English. Please explain it to me.

If you are going to start giving every player 200k a week to join us we are going to have huge problems down the line.

Hes getting 80k a week now. Is double your money not enough?
No need to get all personal, mate.

I don't know about 200k a week. The mess we're in not able to get rid of our deadwood is because of our poor wage structure (Elneny on 50k, Mustafi on 100k etc.). Ideally, you have 2-3 players at around 200k max and those are your core players.

Now, I highly rate Partey so I'm inclined to still say sign him up, but realistically we probably shouldn't do it for that money. There are probably smarter signings out there that would cost less money in total outlay.

I've mentioned Donny van de Beek before who would probably cost €40m in transfer fee and 100k in wages. Amortized that's €7.5m less a year for a 5 year contract.

There must be other all-round midfielders who'd be even cheaper, allowing us to spend more elsewhere.
I'm not fussed about saving Stan Kroenke money. I support Arsenal football club and Thomas Partey is a player I rate highly. It's a simple equation, really. Not sure why I felt the need to explain myself.

You guys are weird.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Don't know how this topoc has been so badly derailed, but the likelihood is that there won't be any new news whilst Atletico are in The Champions League.

The fact that we haven't been linked strongly to any other cms makes me believe that there is something in this transfer.

Jakarta

Lol don’t chat rubbish you know nothing about London.

I swear down you must be a b1tch to hang around with irl...throwing a hissy fit over this post
Are u dumb blud? A player of Partey's quality willing to move to a Europa League club gets £200k a week, if that's what he wants.

Jeez

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Don't know how this topoc has been so badly derailed, but the likelihood is that there won't be any new news whilst Atletico are in The Champions League.

The fact that we haven't been linked strongly to any other cms makes me believe that there is something in this transfer.

It'll be done after they're out of the CL. No point activating a release clause mid way through a teams CL campaign, not only do you pee the team you're dealing with off but the player can't have a medical or anything anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom