• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

This is why Pep and Arsène always said a lot of good things about him. He understands football so well. We have a tactician with him. He isn't my concern in this club but the board and how they are doing things. Dirty Raul and Kia seems so corrupted to me that I fear they will ruin Arteta career in arsenal

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of the best ‘coaches’ in the league. Watched the FA Cup final again this morning, and he totally out coached Lampard. Bodes well for the future as long as we can provide him with the ammunition.

Right now I’ll say top 6 is guaranteed for next season, with us and Sp**s battling for 5/6.
Would have said that with the power of Arteta and some normal scouting. But this ****Joorabchiam jumping into the picture to supply us with a ruck of ageing Brazillian's in random positions, is a whole new ball game. One that might even sink Arteta.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watching the feud that started in the last couple pages, the tagline from Alien vs Predator popped into my mind: "whoever wins, we lose".

What a terrible tagline from the filmmakers, did they not watch their own film :lol:

Humanity would only have lost if the Aliens won.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I
Would have said that with the power of Arteta and some normal scouting. But this ****Joorabchiam jumping into the picture to supply us with a ruck of ageing Brazillian's in random positions, is a whole new ball game. One that might even sink Arteta.

I genuinely think these aging braziians are better than we currently have.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Id put a wager that we do.
You know I'm always right. Said we'd be mid table after Wenger left, Arteta would be better than Emery before Emery came, Luiz would make errors and wouldn't improve our defence, last year's window would see us drop further ;)

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. We're not getting top 4 with Mari, Cedric, Luiz and Willian. 5th or 6th max, even with Arteta. Will revise my prediction if we get better transfers.:p

Kav

Established Member
Weren't we 6th when Wenger left? Now we were 8th as our worst finish after that. Where is your definition of midtable?
You know I always found this mid table talk rather agenda driven. I mean it’s 20 teams, so shouldn’t midtable be 9-11 there about. Yet if you come 6-8 they say you’re mid table. Funny thing that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You know I always found this mid table talk rather agenda driven. I mean it’s 20 teams, so shouldn’t midtable be 9-11 there about. Yet if you come 6-8 they say you’re mid table. Funny thing that.

Pretty funny if 6th is not midtable and 8th is. I guess the line is drawn at 7th then. :) Also the season after Wenger left we were 5th.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You know I'm always right. Said we'd be mid table after Wenger left, Arteta would be better than Emery before Emery came, Luiz would make errors and wouldn't improve our defence, last year's window would see us drop further ;)

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. We're not getting top 4 with Mari, Cedric, Luiz and Willian. 5th or 6th max, even with Arteta. Will revise my prediction if we get better transfers.:p

Alright, if I win, you have to change your name to MakingSnax

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Weren't we 6th when Wenger left? Now we were 8th as our worst finish after that. Where is your definition of midtable?
Anything between 8th to 12th bro, what's yours? 2 either side of the mean looks a good compromise. And he was only 6th after 22 years, under extreme duress. Context is everything, 8th only 2 seasons after he left. :eek:

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VJ872QH

Hey guys, its dissertation time and I need your help for a project I'm doing. All I ask of you guys is if you could take some time out of your precious day to answer 9 questions on my survey. It literally took me 2 minutes to do and I'm the type to hate on surveys but I tried to make it as quick as possible. Please help me out if you can, my regards
RunTheTrap.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Anything between 8th to 12th bro, what's yours? 2 either side of the mean looks a good compromise. And he was only 6th after 22 years, under extreme duress. Context is everything, 8th only 2 seasons after he left. :eek:

I'm just hinting that you cannot say you have been right about it yet.

Take an average of the two seasons after Wenger and it is 5th+8th=13th/2= 6.5th.

Now if we are at 8th or worse next season I can say you were right because that's two years in a row there.

jus2nang

To be fair a lot of people talk about a top 6 and a bottom 6. Anywhere else (i.e. the remaining 8) could be considered midtable.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’d say 8th is midtable tbh. We wouldn’t have even qualified for Europa on league finish alone.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You lot remember back in 2015 when you had a good run with Walcott up top, Sanchez on the left, Özil as the 10 and Ramsey on the right? It was during the time where Coquelin was massively in form and partnered well with Cazorla, basically enabling the front 4 to just do their thing.

The way you're playing under Arteta reminds me a bit of this, but you're missing that deep partnership in midfield I think. Willian could easily slot into that 10 role as the strong dribbler creating chances by ostensibly not losing the ball under pressure.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom