• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
You really are an idiot. If you have a problem with the player fine. You don’t need to resort to calling him parasite and ******. You’re just showing the world how small you are and infecting the forum with your hate.

Go live your life and be happy. Chill. Have sex with whatever you’re into. No need for all that negativity. Especially if someone disagrees with you you call them names.

You’re either very immature or a man with a small **** or empty wallet. Don’t worry Life has much more to offer once you let the hate go.
So calling someone an idiot, immature or a guy with a small **** isn’t name calling?:rofl:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Content and context is important. Look at what you posted and what I posted earlier and see who’s being out of place. I assure you it is not I. You were being rude. Now instead of continuing to act like an ass. Try to me humble about it.
How is that rude? :lol:
I’m just asking if you are into Özil.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He makes a good point with the Uighur stuff though. If there’s anything I hate it’s corporate activism where they'll make a stand once it’s beneficial and doesn’t hurt their money.

I hate how this point has been taken by alt-right d*ckheads as an example of whataboutery but really the BLM stuff from the Premier League was surface level stuff.

Many of the clubs have had and arguably still have racist hiring policies, as well as terrible records when it comes to racist bullying from coaches who’ve they’ve protected. So really, putting BLM on your shirts for a few games without making any actual changes just sticks in the throat.

I’m not saying the club should wheel out the “F*ck China” banners but falling over themselves in distancing themselves from him was a bad look.

Arsenal is a football club, not UN.

Finesse

Being an objective Arsenal fan when it comes to the Özil saga does not make anyone an Özil fan boy or an invitation for rude or subjective comments. Let’s debate on the facts objectively.

Özil did not put a gun on our heads to get his salary. He got market rate salary.Infact the fan base clamoured for us to keep our best players. We sacrificed Alexis and kept Özil. The last 2 years has not been the greatest in terms of expectations , however we can say that just about everything Arsenal. From decision making by the so called club on managers and transfers etc. No player has stood out until Arteta stepped in. Even Xhaka who threw away an armband is still playing for us today. We took him back and showed him support. We can see the results. For some reason Özil seems to be the battling ram we can all take a pop at. He has comfortably replaced Arsène ( finals years at Arsenal ) as the new scapegoat.

What Arteta is starting looks very promising. We need that to be reflected at the level of the club decision making levels. These people are humans and employed by the club. They are not above reproach. In fact they have been criminal in their decision making even more than Özil on field performances.

I am one who will not let the FA Cup win and new spirit from Arteta mask the clubs criminal decision making on very key issues.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When it suits them, if you’re going to hand wave for social causes without making any real effort to right the many wrongs against BAME people in football then you’re opening Pandora’s Box.

One cause but not the other reflects badly on them.
So Özil is the saint?

Why didn't he come out and speak out against Erdogan when Erdogan was persecuting the Kurds?

During Uyghur issue? How many Muslim countries spoke out against it? Yet because Arsenal didn't back Özil's stance, so Arsenal are now the 'racist' and 'islamophobe?'

moloso

Where do you see me backing Özil? Is this a comprehension issue?

I am not backing anyone in this fight. Merely being objective. Do I think Özil has performed up to the standards set prior to the big contract? No!
Do I think he’s over paid? Yes.

However that doesn’t mean you get to smear his character because he has chosen to honour his contract by staying and fighting for his place.

I don’t see what is so difficult in understanding basic human decency.

In short, it is about standards. How I choose to conduct myself and how I see things. Not because we disagree on a subject means that I am backing someone. Not because I offer a different opinion means I am a fan of that person. Too many simpletons are on here spouting nonsense. I’m merely one of the few who will call you out on it.

You got heated when someone referred to him as a parasite (purely financially) so it came across that way - hence me asking why someone who has followed us for so long is losing his **** over a few comments slagging off a player who could care less about his career or the club.

As for the rest of your post - I'm assuming you're talking generally not about me as again, I just asked you a question...

What is your take on him anyway?

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So Özil is the saint?

Why didn't he come out and speak out against Erdogan when Erdogan was persecuting the Kurds?

During Uyghur issue? How many Muslim countries spoke out against it? Yet because Arsenal didn't back Özil's stance, so Arsenal are now the 'racist' and 'islamophobe?'

See this is the whataboutery I’m talking about. Where have I even mentioned Özil in either of my last two posts?

Surely you can see the hypocrisy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom