• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wait which large players did we get under Sven?

Aubameyang was a clear success and we’re making profits on Mavrapanos and Guendouzi regardless.

Torreira showed promise for a good few months but for whatever reason he’s not worked out.

Let’s not compare that with the Kia era’s big signing so far :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bar Auba, most of them were bang average, least some of Raul's one have potential.

Plus if Sven was still here we wouldn't have picked up Pepe and Tierney, but instead went for Marcel Schmelzer and Jakub Blaszczykowski.

Yes but yet again the key is the money spent. No transfer chief is Jesus.

You’ve got to look relative to the fees, also the Pepe stuff is true but rather than Kuba he wanted Ismaila Sarr and Perisic instead.

Considering together they’ve outperformed Pepe for half the price I wonder way we should have gone with that?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Isn't Sarr just a pace merchant though, don't know how he would do playing for a "bigger" team...Perisic is good, but I wouldn't want him over Pepe, bit too Podolski like for me.

Saliba is unproven, but can't remember the last time we signed a prospect like that, tbf to Raul too.

Mate you’ve got to stop with this “bigger side” stuff. It’s a myth.

Nah he’s not a pace merchant, decent finisher and makes good decisions. Considering he’s not set pieces he’s had a good return for his goals and assists first year playing for a relegated team. Quite a bit younger than Pepe as well.

Also don’t know about that Pepe/Perisic comparison. If Bayern had spent 70M on Pepe and we’d got Perisic on loan I can guarantee you’d be laughing at them right now.

Point is as well they’d have cost half of Pepe so you wouldn’t have missed any production and could have bought Upamecano instead of David Luiz.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nah he’s not a pace merchant, decent finisher and makes good decisions. Considering he’s not set pieces he’s had a good return for his goals and assists first year playing for a relegated team. Quite a bit younger than Pepe as well.

Also don’t know about that Pepe/Perisic comparison. If Bayern had spent 70M on Pepe and we’d got Perisic on loan I can guarantee you’d be laughing at them right now.

Point is as well they’d have cost half of Pepe so you wouldn’t have missed any production and could have bought Upamecano instead of David Luiz.

Haven't seen much in Sarr yet personally, was great against Pool though which I will always appreciate it, guess we will see.

Bayern already had a ton of wingers though, Ivan was just a back-up, we needed a winger that can dribble (which Perisic isn't really good at) Pepe hasn't been great either, but the base is there for him to succeed here.

Mate you’ve got to stop with this “bigger side” stuff. It’s a myth.

Think we already had this argument :lol:

Always feel the mental pressure can get at you playing for certain clubs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Haven't seen much in Sarr yet personally, was great against Pool though which I will always appreciate it, guess we will see.

Bayern already had a ton of wingers though, Ivan was just a back-up, we needed a winger that can dribble (which Perisic isn't really good at) Pepe hasn't been great either, but the base is there for him to succeed here.

Think we already had this argument :lol:

Always feel the mental pressure can get at you playing for certain clubs.

Again it wouldn’t be just Perisic though, he could’ve played on the left and Sarr could’ve gone down the right and he can dribble.

Yeah we had the argument before but it just makes no sense. He got 5 goals and 4 assists from open play as the only threat for an awful side.

He’d be laying on chances for Aubameyang instead of a past it Troy Deeney. Think there’s many more reasons he’d have done better here rather than “struggling under pressure”.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Plus if Sven was still here we wouldn't have picked up Pepe and Tierney, but instead went for Marcel Schmelzer and Jakub Blaszczykowski.

To your shock Mislintat has only signed one player with a Dortmund past (Atakan Karazor who played for a few of their youth teams years ago) in the three windows he's been at Stuttgart. He's not perfect but overall he's doing a neat job of rebuilding the team.

Auba was the much needed source of goals and the only proven top striker on the market. Torreira very promising, Guendouzi also a at least fan rated talent. Sokratis was the needed experienced CB on a budget, Leno a good buy, the Alexis - Mkhi situation forced on by the club's idiocy. Even Lichtsteiner wasn't a bad idea as Bellerin backup, nobody could expect this guy who seemed like a top athlete suddenly drop off that much.

Factor in a limited budget and sure, you could've looked elsewhere for one or two players, but overall factoring in that no DoF has a 100% strike rate, he at least seemed to follow a certain plan, even if that was to first off fill obvious holes on a tight budget without wasting too much money. It would've gotten way more interesting the longer he had stayed to really try and imprint his ideas, but the guy got one ****ing window in which he had to pick up the scruffs and stuff holes.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Speaking to Yahoo Sports, De Boer claimed one agent – which is likely to be Kia Joorabchian – had so much power he once told him he regretted helping him get the job.

“We spent a lot of time dealing with political issues with agents,” he said.

“This took up 50% of the time I had when it should only have accounted for 10%.

“One player’s agent once told me: ‘If I’d known you weren’t going to play my client I would never have hired you as manager.’

“This was the kind of influence they had over who was in charge.”

Think arteta is under similar influence :facepalm:

Kav

Established Member
Of all the agents arsenal could get involved with Kia is one of the shadiest. He's probably only slightly worse than Mino.

There is a reason Wenger avoided these kind of individuals. They are like parasites once they get in it is difficult to get them out without doing damage to the host club. Most agents are straight forward money searching type that you can see through. Kia is a lot more shrouded and strategic. One needs to be very cautious with his type.

We may get some useful signings along the way but at what cost? Also using super agents is not a suitable alternative to scouting. Invariably all you are doing is paying the agent excessive fees to scout potential talent for you if you use that model of talent acquisition, additionally you will have to pay a premium for any of their clients.

In short, agents are necessary part of modern football but Kia is the kind you have to be careful with. He's too smart and too shady to underestimate.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Don’t know what to make of this guy calling players **** ups especially since they are still at the club

ArrstdDvlpmnt

What reason do they give for removing it?
I asked twice, once in private message and once in a comment on the daily transfers thread. No reply given. I posted this to r/soccer, it was taken down, I asked for reason, one mod said "We don't do random compilations", I asked for elaboration as this isn't a random compilation, but no reply.

Top Bottom