• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions Quarter-Finals (Aug 12-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,772
  • Views 63,246

sdotzdot

Established Member
It's not just the money. Once he gets into serious knockout games he's been caught out for years now.
Yeah that is definitely true and as I said in my post above it does taint his legacy somewhat.

I will say it’s either fantastic or terrible usually with him. When it goes wrong, it goes very wrong.

But he’s proven more than enough that being accused of being a fraud or not a great manager is pretty ridiculous.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Yep. And there comes Hansi Flick whom I'm still very very doubtful about - just like with Arteta - and in the span of months and with Covid roaming out of nowhere gets Bayern to their best since they sacked Heynckes for Guardiola. He is truly the most overrated manager in all of the game's history.
The guy literally has one game plan that needs the best players in the world to execute. And if that plan A fails then his next step is Plan A again, just try harder this time:lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Spunks almost 300m on the defense and their defense is barely better than ours FFS

Shalmaneser V

Yeah, didn’t have the vision or tactical acumen of someone like Guardiola, but his ability to stay at the top of the game for so long is just unheralded.

Supreme man-manager, pragmatist and the ultimate winner. Hated him at the time, but looking back he was just incredible.

Also a cheat who had half the domestic refs in his pocket.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Money runs football, it’s just the way it is now.

Hes spent a ridiculous amount but his football (apart from his first season when he was coming to grips and this season) has matched that. His city side have played some of the best football I’ve ever seen.

as @say yes said most seasons CL is a competition heavily reliant on luck. His league runs at all his clubs as well as the football he has played speaks for itself.
Then you have not seen so much football. He destroyed the best Bayern in last 20 years. That Bayern was a complete team, then he did his idea of football and couldn't reach CL, team one year before absolutely dominated the CL with Heynckes

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
But he’s proven more than enough to be accused of not being a fantastic manager, I think that’s ridiculous.

That's just the crux though. No one argues him not being a very good manager. But right from his headstart of having the golden Barca gen and a peak Messi - without taking that into account - he was heralded as the best ever or some sort of messiah of modern football. He was never that and turns out he never even was the best manager of his generation. And one could even live with that, but the arrogant **** just enjoyed that and perpetuated that perception of himself. I guess that's why he's so disliked by many. Nobody really doubts he is a very good coach, he's just not the best right now or ever, and himself having acted like he is cost him a ton of sympathy. Never start believing your own myth, and never ever start perpetuating it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This team was Real Madrids bane for a couple of season.

Juninho a proper player, doesn't fancy Bolsonaro as well.

He's their current sporting director too.

Is Juninho the only prominent figure to come out against Bolsonaro? Seems like everyone else was coming out and supporting, assume those who opposed him just stayed quiet? But I don't really know that much just bits I've seen on social media.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Btw how are things in Brazil right now?

Like Trump, he'll be reelected because the left can't organize themselves. In the US they went with a "safe", but extremelly poor choice in Biden.

Here our labour party still dominates the left of center, despite Dilma's impeachment and mouting corruption. Had they withdrawn from the race last time, Bolsonaro would've lost, but it's very much a "the ball's mine **** you guys" vibes from them.

Like, why have their leader go to Maduro's inauguration? That's just playing to Bolsonaro's hands. Too easy.

I'm happy my dad's completely regreted voting for Bolsonaro. My step mom is almost there, as well. They've lost friends because of this.

Don't know how any one of sound mind can defend a negationist of that degree. He's in bed now with the Centrão, a group of center left/right parties that dominate our congress, something he promissed he would never do if elected.

The worst part is, unlike Trump, Bolsonaro actually believes most of what he says. The man actually believes there's a communist conspiracy to rule the world.

I don't ****ing even, man...

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
The two legged games are mostly **** because the home teams in the first leg are more worried about not conceding. They either need to get rid of away goals or just do the knockout format.
First leg games are alright. 2nd leg games are where you get the real action because that's when you decide which teams go through.

But I prefer regular format. 2 legs gives more of fair outcome than one game knockout.

Shalmaneser V

Yep. And there comes Hansi Flick whom I'm still very very doubtful about - just like with Arteta - and in the span of months and with Covid roaming out of nowhere gets Bayern to their best since they sacked Heynckes for Guardiola. He is truly the most overrated manager in all of the game's history.

Cmon give the guy a break. Yes he’s had the luxury of Messi-Xavi-Iniesta and an open cheque book to work with. But he’s an innovator who has revolutionised the modern game.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He's their current sporting director too.

Is Juninho the only prominent figure to come out against Bolsonaro? Seems like everyone else was coming out and supporting, assume those who opposed him just stayed quiet? But I don't really know that much just bits I've seen on social media.
And here people get mad because Özil's statements

Ash10

Spunks almost 300m on the defense and their defense is barely better than ours FFS
People harp on about their defense & admittedly other than Laporte the rest is trash. But their problem this season has been their offense. Every time they go behind they lose, it's as simple as that. Last season Bernardo Silva was electric but the moment that mini Brock Lesnar aka KDB came back he got shunted & his form dipped.

KDB is an utterly selfish stat padder which the media will never acknowledge. He shoots & tries risky passes all the time which makes them predictable & easy to defend against when they're behind. Last season they played far better as a team because he was injured. Also Jesus is utter crap but what's new in that. They need to properly replace Aguero

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Like Trump, he'll be reelected because the left can't organize themselves. In the US they went with a "safe", but extremelly poor choice in Biden.

Here our labour party still dominates the left of center, despite Dilma's impeachment and mouting corruption. Had they withdrawn from the race last time, Bolsonaro would've lost, but it's very much a "the ball's mine **** you guys" vibes from them.

Like, why have their leader go to Maduro's inauguration? That's just playing to Bolsonaro's hands. Too easy.

I'm happy my dad's completely regreted voting for Bolsonaro. My step mom is almost there, as well. They've lost friends because of this.

Don't know how any one of sound mind can defend a negationist of that degree. He's in bed now with the Centrão, a group of center left/right parties that dominate our congress, something he promissed he would never do if elected.

The worst part is, unlike Trump, Bolsonaro actually believes most of what he says. The man actually believes there's a communist conspiracy to rule the world.

I don't ****ing even, man...

oh man, sorry to hear that. But anywhere you look it's not better tbh.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hes spent a ridiculous amount but his football (apart from his first season when he was coming to grips and this season) has matched that. His city side have played some of the best football I’ve ever seen.
:lol: Wenger's 2005-2012 team played far better football than this city team. Some of the goal that Wenger teams scored was some of the best you'll ever see. We might not have been as dominant but we were by far the more watchable team

Ash10

:lol: Wenger's 2005-2012 team played far better football than this city team. Some of the goal that Wenger teams scored was some of the best you'll ever see. We might not have been as dominant but we were by far the more watchable team
Media swiftly put that under the rug though. All hail mighty Pep who invented attacking football

Latest posts

Top Bottom