• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

https://arseblog.news/2020/08/report-arsenal-investigating-pepe-deal/

Lmao this is hilarious, but makes total sense. Pepe is okay... but 72million!! This guy doesnt even look 72M on YOUTUBE never mind real life. Just bad. When I saw his "VS" youtube videos my thoughts were that this guy doesnt look good enough on the ball to be worth this money. However, maybe our scouts know more. Maybe he's exceptional at the things I cant see on youtube, such as movement, stamina, endurance. Thats what I thought. But he isnt exceptional at any of these things.

I think Pepe will do half decent here but way too much spent on him and it just seemed like extremely poor scouting. We are now shelling out 20million a year for like 5 years. it really dents our transfer kitty.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

72m was always a ludicrous fee and for a club as pinched on finances there was an obvious inquest despite these situations happening at all clubs around the world. Ultimately as some have alluded, Pepe unfortunately has been used as a PR mechanism along with other things post FA Cup to take Raul down. This is a horrible message to send to the player but I hope Pepe delivers next season. He certainly proved his worth in the final..

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://www.skysports.com/football/...icolas-pepe-says-lille-president-gerard-lopez

Full interview for the above tweet.

Ivory Coast international Pepe, 25, arrived at Arsenal from Lille in a club-record £72m deal last August.

Amid an ongoing overhaul of their recruitment operations, Arsenal have denied reports that an internal investigation has also been launched into why the north London club spent so much the winger in last year's summer transfer window.

skysports-raul-sanllehi-arsenal_5068244.jpg

Raul Sanllehi joined Arsenal as head of football operations in 2017
When asked about whether he thought Pepe's transfer had anything to do with Sanllehi's departure from the club, Lopez told Sky Sports News: "I think it is made up stuff.

"I know for a fact he has an excellent relationship with the club and they left on excellent terms.

"There are always going to be stories that try to be interesting, Arsenal are going through a restructuring which is part of what happens. He is a great guy, it is a great club and as far as I can see they both [Arsenal and Sanllehi] respect each other immensely.

"They have a player [Pepe] where people forget his age, and the fact he took one season to click within our system and then became the player which we all know.

"He has had a good second half of the season at Arsenal and he is one of the rare players who can make something happen from nothing.

"The more comfortable he gets at the club, the more he will make things happen so I think the best is yet to come."

Oh boi, some people will regret their posts next season

I don't get this. Why would anyone regret being wrong if its of benefit of Arsenal.

I love to be wrong about Arsenal because I'm always right and my stand is negative and it saddens me. When I'm wrong I know something good happened. But I was right about Emery, Raul, Lacazette, etc. Do I celebrate it? Nope. I rather wish I was wrong and we win trophies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I don't get this. Why would anyone regret being wrong if its of benefit of Arsenal.

I love to be wrong about Arsenal because I'm always right and my stand is negative and it saddens me. When I'm wrong I know something good happened. But I was right about Emery, Raul, Lacazette, etc. Do I celebrate it? Nope. I rather wish I was wrong and we win trophies.
Ffs. :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Perfectly said. No one wants me to be more wrong about Arsenal than myself.

Ciscoo

So much negative press, for something that isn’t his fault! It’ll be interesting to see how he responds on the pitch.

I hope he’s pissed off with it. I want him to believe- not hope- that he’ll reach that level. That’s the mentality and sense of entitlement he’ll need to progress IMO.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It wasn’t even true.

When you think about it, that would be very stupid if they club let that leak out about their record signing.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Oh boi, some people will regret their posts next season

Yeah I mean we overpaid, I can't deny it but I feel like Pepe is going to kill it next season, he already started heating up towards the end of last season too. I feel with a season under his belt we're gonna forget about the fee next year.

Fingers crossed ofc :bounce::bounce:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
https://arseblog.news/2020/08/report-arsenal-investigating-pepe-deal/

Lmao this is hilarious, but makes total sense. Pepe is okay... but 72million!! This guy doesnt even look 72M on YOUTUBE never mind real life. Just bad. When I saw his "VS" youtube videos my thoughts were that this guy doesnt look good enough on the ball to be worth this money. However, maybe our scouts know more. Maybe he's exceptional at the things I cant see on youtube, such as movement, stamina, endurance. Thats what I thought. But he isnt exceptional at any of these things.

I think Pepe will do half decent here but way too much spent on him and it just seemed like extremely poor scouting. We are now shelling out 20million a year for like 5 years. it really dents our transfer kitty.
We're paying 100m+ for him? Is that interest or something?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah the ends justify the means.

Just make me laugh imagining someone watching him and being like ‘how’d we pay 72m for that?’ And then investigating it.
They were allegedly investigating extra payments to agents etc., not based on the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom