• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations for the season

Expectations for the season?

• Total voters

Manberg

Predator
Is our squad good enough for top 4? It might be. A direct squad comparison with our top 4 rivals come the end of the transfer window will help to answer that question.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I knew the usual suspects will be out in full force to spread their negativity on this thread.

predictable!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Is our squad good enough for top 4? It might be. A direct squad comparison with our top 4 rivals come the end of the transfer window will help to answer that question.
Coaching helps.

Comparing squads doesn't paint a full picture of good a squad is. A good coach can employ tactics to cover the weakness of his team. Emery had us at 15th despite 15th not being our level

Manberg

Predator
Coaching helps.

Comparing squads doesn't paint a full picture of good a squad is. A good coach can employ tactics to cover the weakness of his team. Emery had us at 15th despite 15th not being our level

That is true. But coaching is less quantifiable, hence why I like to look at a squad comparison.
If it’s the case that our rivals for top 4 have much better squads and we make top 4 then it could then be argued that we’d be overachieving thanks to superior coaching.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Not voting until we see more transfers. Based on Mari, Cedric, Luiz, Willian though, obviously between 6th - 8th.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gotta let the bum squad have a chance, would be too easy otherwise, so I picked two superb and impartial posters and onlyone.
:lol::lol:

We should have one mod spot rotated daily. Let us all take turns, the banter would be out of this world.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Too early to tell but expect Spu ds and Leicester to weaken and we should be able to overtake Wolves.

Can't see us making a title challenge so 3rd would be our absolute tops but we'd do well to win the 4th place trophy.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I just want a clear identity and a top 6 finish. Last season's signings need to become established players within the team. That means Tierney needs to maintain his level, Luiz needs to cut the crap and lead and Pepe needs to be making telling contributions consistently. Martinelli and Ceballos (if we keep him) need to be amongst the best young players in the league and impact on our season.

If that happens, I think next season will be a fun journey. We aren't one of the 4 best squads in the league, so I don't expect top 4 next season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
With bellerin not getting Hardly gwtting any game time: title contndera and EL or/ and FA trophy.

With Bellerin playing more than 15 matches in all competitions - outside the top 4.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Top 3.
Cup win, preferably the Europa League.
Xhaka, Mustafi, and Luiz all gone before the start of the 2022 season.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Really depends whom else we sign. As things stand, it's status quo (probably finish a bit higher, but hard to bank on a victorious FA cup run every year), with any presumed improvement coming from young players being another year older / Auba not falling off yet.

Top Bottom