• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

PabloMari-Arsenal2020.jpg

Great signing and can’t wait until he’s fit and playing alongside Gabriel.​

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think it's too early to write him off the way people have. He's played like 2 or 3 games and didn't even look bad in any of them. I need a much bigger sample size before I make any judgements on him. The one game he played that didn't impress me was the U23 game (and that's just because Clarke was way better).

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Gabriel/Mari/Luiz is a very good LCB combination going into next season imo.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Will be singing "where are you tonight sweet Mari " Every game he is not playing

If u dont get the reference u a pleb

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
2 games, 2 good peformances and 2 clean sheets.

However he doesnt walk round with a Gucci handbag, dressed like a homeless tranny, twerking on grime MC video, and updating his social media on a nightly basis about his opinion on newest Love Island episode....so he wont poplular amongst a lot of the younger fans no matter what he does on the pitch.

StefanB

For me he seems like a solid acquisition. Reads the game well, technically sound, good passer, tall and physically up for it. Might not be the quickest out there, but I don't see that as a huge problem.

Another thing is that he's probably on quite low wages.

Him, Luiz and Gabriel for LCB isn't bad.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

However he doesnt walk round with a Gucci handbag, dressed like a homeless tranny, twerking on grime MC video, and updating his social media on a nightly basis about his opinion on newest Love Island episode....so he wont poplular amongst a lot of the younger fans no matter what he does on the pitch.
Lol, he played the majority of his career in the second tier of Spanish football. I don’t think fans care about his looks or his lifestyle. It’s the fact he’s basically come from obscurity to the biggest league in the world.

RunTheTrap

His profile was the most uninspiring ever. I've little expectation but I want him to do well. Get fit soon Pablo.
His profile is okay. I mean he can pass, he’s big and he looks like he can survive in a back 4 unlike most of our CBs. I’m lowkey excited to see what he could become but I’m also worried. Which I think is fair.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he was bought to make up the numbers. Don't think he'll be stellar or terrible

Gabriel and Saliba are the long term plan.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lol, he played the majority of his career in the second tier of Spanish football. I don’t think fans care about his looks or his lifestyle. It’s the fact he’s basically come from obscurity to the biggest league in the world.

Yet fans criticise a player as good enough yet have only seen him play twice for us were we kept clean sheets in both macthes and that he played well.

Majority of the younger fans today wouldnt of g8ven the like Ljungberg, Kos, Wright etc a chance. Unfortunately a lot of fans today care more about what a player image is and what they do online than what they do in the pitch.

RunTheTrap

Yet fans criticise a player as good enough yet have only seen him play twice for us were we kept clean sheets in both macthes and that he played well.

Majority of the younger fans today wouldnt of g8ven the like Ljungberg, Kos, Wright etc a chance. Unfortunately a lot of fans today care more about what a player image is and what they do online than what they do in the pitch.
I think you’re lowkey right on image. I have seen fans look down on players because they lack “sauce” but I think with Mari there’s a lot of apprehension because we really no clue who he is.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I didn't know I rated Mari until I read this post, thanks for opening my eyes Mitch.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The guy played like 2 games so don't know what to make of him yet. He's got it all to prove & seemed to lack pace but will definitely give him a chance

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

His hair looks good. I’ll give him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom