• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2019/20 Season Review

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very surprised at the number of posters putting the City game as our best performance. We were out-played in that game. They had 16 shots. xG 1.6 with 7 shots in the danger zone. Some shots were reasonably close in and they still blasted them wide or over the bar. Auba was incredibly clinical too, scored twice in only 4 shots we had.
Expected win 20% for us 52% for them. If they'd won 2-0, nobody would be talking about it. They had an off day and our last ditch tackling was unusually error free.

The cup final was much better match. After a blip for the first part of the first half we took control. Almost the reverse of the City game for xG 1.67 for us 0.7 for them. Arsenal completed 21 progressive passes to 15 for Chelsea and completed 3 passes within 15 yards of goal to 0 for Chelsea.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Very surprised at the number of posters putting the City game as our best performance. We were out-played in that game. They had 16 shots. xG 1.6 with 7 shots in the danger zone. Some shots were reasonably close in and they still blasted them wide or over the bar. Auba was incredibly clinical too, scored twice in only 4 shots we had.
Expected win 20% for us 52% for them. If they'd won 2-0, nobody would be talking about it. They had an off day and our last ditch tackling was unusually error free.

The cup final was much better match. After a blip for the first part of the first half we took control. Almost the reverse of the City game for xG 1.67 for us 0.7 for them. Arsenal completed 21 progressive passes to 15 for Chelsea and completed 3 passes within 15 yards of goal to 0 for Chelsea.
Throw out stats all you like. City will have better stats in almost every game they play.
They never really looked like scoring, we had them at arms length and looked dangerous in every counter. Sterile domination from them and not much else. Was an utterly superb , disciplined performance from us.

Compare that to the Liverpool win where we were awful but got extremely lucky.

Manberg

Predator

For all their possession in our half City had one shot on target but we had 4. I felt that we were well in control.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Throw out stats all you like. City will have better stats in almost every game they play.
They never really looked like scoring, we had them at arms length and looked dangerous in every counter. Sterile domination from them and not much else. Was an utterly superb , disciplined performance from us.

Compare that to the Liverpool win where we were awful but got extremely lucky.
OK ignore the stats. They had 16 shots, 7 close in, but never looked like scoring :rolleyes: Those players rarely shoot that wide and over the bar from that close in. And our players rarely make all those last ditch tackles without giving away free kicks or penalties.

It depends on your definition of our best performance. It was a rousing match where we came out victors against the odds. But that's an emotional judgement. We did not outplay City, we held them off . We did out play Chelsea and looked the better side side over the 90 mins. And the stats show it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I remember Sterling and some others missing guilt edged chances myself tbh. Stats can be misleading, they definitely should have won that.

City and Pool were extremely flukey and our forwards bailed us out with near 100% chance conversion rates (we created something silly like 3 or less chances in each game off the top of my head).

Chelsea is where I thought we actually played well.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

For all their possession in our half City had one shot on target but we had 4. I felt that we were well in control.
They had 16 shots, 7 fairly close in. How's that in control?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I remember Sterling and some others missing guilt edged chances myself tbh. Stats can be misleading, they definitely should have won that.

City and Pool were extremely flukey and our forwards bailed us out with near 100% chance conversion rates (we created something silly like 3 or less chances in each game off the top of my head).

Chelsea is where I thought we actually played well.
It amazes me what people write on here.

roz

Fake News Merchant
OK ignore the stats. They had 16 shots, 7 close in, but never looked like scoring :rolleyes: Those players rarely shoot that wide and over the bar from that close in. And our players rarely make all those last ditch tackles without giving away free kicks or penalties.

It depends on your definition of our best performance. It was a rousing match where we came out victors against the odds. But that's an emotional judgement. We did not outplay City, we held them off . We did out play Chelsea and looked the better side side over the 90 mins.
Us and Chelsea are 2 fairly evenly matched sides.
City have possibly the best squad in the world.
You have to have a gameplan when you face them, we did and it worked perfectly. It was a game that mattered to them too rather than some dead rubber.

As you said, they were shooting high and wide from crap positions due to them not finding a way through us. We had them on a leash all game and it was beautiful to see

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Us and Chelsea are 2 fairly evenly matched sides.
City have possibly the best squad in the world.
You have to have a gameplan when you face them, we did and it worked perfectly. It was a game that mattered to them too rather than some dead rubber.

As you said, they were shooting high and wide from crap positions due to them not finding a way through us. We had them on a leash all game and it was beautiful to see
Chelsea finished 4 places above us and their squad is worth a lot more. How were we evenly matched?

And they weren't shooting from crap positions, 7 were close in.

We didn't have them on a leash. You're just making stuff up.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Chelsea finished 4 places above us and their squad is worth a lot more. How were we evenly matched?

And they weren't shooting from crap positions, 7 were close in.

We didn't have them on a leash. You're just making stuff up.
It was a great performance. If Wenger had masterminded it you’d have died from drowning in your own jizz

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'd say Arsenal and Chelsea are closer to each other than Arsenal-City for sure.

Two novice managers, loads of young/homegrown talent between them. Both our squads are expensive man for man.. Only real difference is one got a full season.

We got very lucky against City but saying we are almost levels with Chelsea is not unreasonable. Arteta prepared us the right way. You both have valid points tbh.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It was a great performance. If Wenger had masterminded it you’d have died from drowning in your own jizz
Wenger did mastermind a win against City. January 2015. At City's ground against an away crowd. And we had 9 shots that day not 4. Santi was magnificent that day.:lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'd say Arsenal and Chelsea are closer to each other than Arsenal-City for sure.

Two novice managers, loads of young/homegrown talent between them. Both our squads are expensive man for man.. Only real difference is one got a full season.

We got very lucky against City but saying we are almost levels with Chelsea is not unreasonable. Arteta prepared us the right way. You both have valid points tbh.
Of course City are a better team than Chelsea. All I'm saying is we have a £400m+ squad, Chelsea have £500m+ squad, their manager has been there all season, ours only part season. They also finished 4 places above us.

That we out played them in a cup final is excellent and shouldn't be understated by saying we're more or less equal. We're not.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom