• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 666,757
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Nah he’s ready, much more than Dan James was or ever will be.

He looked a natural PL player in 2018/19 and again after the restart this year. Well jealous of this, think he’s quality.

Not going to claim that I watch Bournemouth every week because I don't. But people on Redcafe say that Brooks goes invisible a lot, any truth to this?

I'm a bit worried considering we have some "moments" players like Greenwood - who's still learning his trade at age 17/18. I think the last thing we need is a player who doesn't get involved as much and flashy in spells.

I've noticed some people give criticism to Bruno for trying some ridiculous passes and taking a lot of shots but I appreciate that he always maintains a high level of intensity and has that confidence to continuously try and try again, I feel the club needs more of this to increase the overall danger we cause in attacks, not the opposite profile.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not going to claim that I watch Bournemouth every week because I don't. But people on Redcafe say that Brooks goes invisible a lot, any truth to this?

I'm a bit worried considering we have some "moments" players like Greenwood - who's still learning his trade at age 17/18. I think the last thing we need is a player who doesn't get involved as much and flashy in spells.

I've noticed some people give criticism to Bruno for trying some ridiculous passes and taking a lot of shots but I appreciate that he always maintains a high level of intensity and has that confidence to continuously try and try again, I feel the club needs more of this to increase the overall danger we cause in attacks, not the opposite profile.

He shows for the ball a lot and his style of play is very direct so I guess that makes sense. He likes to beat his man off the dribble a lot and attack with the ball at feet.

He’s not going to dictate play a lot because his short passing probably isn’t at that really high level like an Özil, KDB or Silva where they can really fence you in.

In transition though he’s lethal and he’s great at breaking lines and can play killer final passes, his finishing and shooting is also quality.

I think if you’re sticking with a transition style he’s going to be ridiculous, get him on the ball in space and he’ll get great goal and assist numbers.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Massive potential BUT from what I've seen I dont understand the hype/pricetag, reminds me of Dele Alli when he went through that hot streak.. (will wait for this to one day be brought up when hes on stage accepting the Balon D'or)
That's the difference. Dele Alii had a hot streak, Havertz has been doing this consistently for couple of years now. Much better talent.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

That's the difference. Dele Alii had a hot streak, Havertz has been doing this consistently for couple of years now. Much better talent.

Isn't Havertz known for being a bit patchy?

He didn't do much until January this season then he went on a hotstreak till the end of the season. Same happened in 18/19 where he stepped up post-January.

Don't want to throw too much criticism because he's definitely a talent.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
He shows for the ball a lot and his style of play is very direct so I guess that makes sense. He likes to beat his man off the dribble a lot and attack with the ball at feet.

He’s not going to dictate play a lot because his short passing probably isn’t at that really high level like an Özil, KDB or Silva where they can really fence you in.

In transition though he’s lethal and he’s great at breaking lines and can play killer final passes, his finishing and shooting is also quality.

I think if you’re sticking with a transition style he’s going to be ridiculous, get him on the ball in space and he’ll get great goal and assist numbers.

He's pretty much Januzaj in term of the technical attribute that he can offer.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Isn't Havertz known for being a bit patchy?

He didn't do much until January this season then he went on a hotstreak till the end of the season. Same happened in 18/19 where he stepped up post-January.

Don't want to throw too much criticism because he's definitely a talent.

Bang on, 90 million is a joke.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
£175M on 3 attackers is a joke when you have one of the worst defences and keepers in the league.

I do think Lampard is tactically inept defensively, but at least buy top quality at the back to solve problems.

If they sign Chilwell for the supposed £65M fee then thats £240M spent with a keeper and CB still needed. Dunk for £40M and then Oblak is who they want in goal at £120M :lol::lol:

£400M spend anyone?

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
£175M on 3 attackers is a joke when you have one of the worst defences and keepers in the league.

I do think Lampard is tactically inept defensively, but at least buy top quality at the back to solve problems.

If they sign Chilwell for the supposed £65M fee then thats £240M spent with a keeper and CB still needed. Dunk for £40M and then Oblak is who they want in goal at £120M :lol::lol:

£400M spend anyone?

To be fair though. I think they made about 100m pounds (I calculated it) profit in their net spend last year from Morata, Hazard & the other young players even after I included Pulisic & Kovacic signings).

Let's say if their transfer budget last year is 100m (unused) & this year is 100m. Combined of 100m 2019 budget + 100m 2019 net spend + 100m 2020 budget. That's already 300m. And in additional with their selling players this year, they could get between 300m-400m to spend.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I can see Zaha going abroad. Grealish looks stuck unless maybe a Leicester or Wolves tickles his fancy - doubt it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
To be fair though. I think they made about 100m pounds (I calculated it) profit in their net spend last year from Morata, Hazard & the other young players even after I included Pulisic & Kovacic signings).

Let's say if their transfer budget last year is 100m (unused) & this year is 100m. Combined of 100m 2019 budget + 100m 2019 net spend + 100m 2020 budget. That's already 300m. And in additional with their selling players this year, they could get between 300m-400m to spend.

Their budget this year will be less due to covid.

Malky

Established Member

£400M spend anyone?
£90M is too much for Havertz, not a ****ing chance is Chilwell even worth half of that price and I'd be fuming if Arsenal spent £40M on Dunk. Can Chelsea really spend over £100M on a keeper after Kepa cost them £75? Either way, Lampard spends all that and he either wins the league or he should be unemployed next summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
£90M is too much for Havertz, not a ****ing chance is Chilwell even worth half of that price and I'd be fuming if Arsenal spent £40M on Dunk. Can Chelsea really spend over £100M on a keeper after Kepa cost them £75? Either way, Lampard spends all that and he either wins the league or he should be unemployed next summer.

For sure if Chelsea spend 300-400Million this summer and don't win the title Lampard should be sacked.

That would be ludicrous. Realistically I think they'll get Chilwell, Havertz and maybe a keeper like Onana. Can't see them signing a world beating keeper or CB yet.

Malky

Established Member
For sure if Chelsea spend 300-400Million this summer and don't win the title Lampard should be sacked.

That would be ludicrous. Realistically I think they'll get Chilwell, Havertz and maybe a keeper like Onana. Can't see them signing a world beating keeper or CB yet.
Which should of been the priority, Kepa and the defence were the ones that let them down constantly last season, their attack was creating and scoring enough anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom