• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Formation 20/21 Season

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't know why we are talking about Coutinho and Partey in the formations. They are far from being done deals. With the team that we currently possess 3 at the back is key. We have way too many error prone defenders to play 2 at the back. Saliba is too young and should be eased into the team. My choice would be to stick with the same lineup because I don't see a place for Willian currently unless we do some more signings and have a change of formation.

If we play 3 at the back for the whole season we would lose and draw a lot of games against smaller sides.

Ifly_Gooner

If we play 3 at the back for the whole season we would lose and draw a lot of games against smaller sides.

That's true and for this precise reason we need to have at-least a couple more signings. The midfield currently has no real incisive passing or athleticism. Having said that, with none of the deals close to completion I would have us stick with 3 at the back.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's true and for this precise reason we need to have at-least a couple more signings. The midfield currently has no real incisive passing or athleticism. Having said that, with none of the deals close to completion I would have us stick with 3 at the back.

Depending on the first four fixtures which are out tomorrow of course. But if we have 3 big games in the first four its a no brainer to stick with 343...

However Ceballos was a huge part of that formation and its likely that he won't be here at the start of the season.

At the moment we have Willock, Xhaka and ESR for the two CM spots in that formation. Its imperative that we get one midfielder in before the 12th of September.

Ifly_Gooner

Depending on the first four fixtures which are out tomorrow of course. But if we have 3 big games in the first four its a no brainer to stick with 343...

However Ceballos was a huge part of that formation and its likely that he won't be here at the start of the season.

At the moment we have Willock, Xhaka and ESR for the two CM spots in that formation. Its imperative that we get one midfielder in before the 12th of September.

Exactly, without a signing who should be first team quality playing a 4 at the back would invite trouble.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't know why we are talking about Coutinho and Partey in the formations. They are far from being done deals. With the team that we currently possess 3 at the back is key. We have way too many error prone defenders to play 2 at the back. Saliba is too young and should be eased into the team. My choice would be to stick with the same lineup because I don't see a place for Willian currently unless we do some more signings and have a change of formation.

Probably because we've spent a whole season and a long lockdown talking about our current squad before signings

That's us next season people

formation-18-08-2020-22-09-43.png
This is a very good team and what we should go for. Only I'd swap Xhaka for Luiz.

Manberg

Predator
3-5-2? Isn't that what caused Guardiola to flop against Lyon in Europe?

Not a chance. 3-4-3 with our current players. If we bring in two good midfielders, 4-3-3/4-1-2-3.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
WTF are you on about this racist thing? Are you alright mate?

I don't know what more you want me to say here. You are just arguing mate.

I clearly made my statement based on what I watched that he's a winger and his assets don't suit to play in midfield 3 in the first paragraph.

While at the same time, I can't keep arguing with lot of you who are persistent to disagree with me so I'm telling you to agree and disagree here because you seem to know more than me as you probably watch every single of their game.

You seem like you cant understand basic English tbh "mate" so I can understand why you're confused. It is called an analogy.

You laughing at the idea of Willian playing in midfield when he has played there quite a bit, your immediate backtracking and your general idiocy is a sight to behold.

Wouldn't expect much else from the majority of Utd fans tbh, I pity your poor Chelsea friend having to listen to your bull.

Divided_Pie

AMN looks to be moving on and there are rumors about Bellerin and Kola also going out

With Gabriel in that puts us at 8 CBs (Luis, Mustafi, Saliba, Gabriel, Holding, Sokratis, Mari, Chambers)

Really looking like it will be 3 atb for most matches. Can’t see a 433 as the primary formation with the current options, even if Partey and Ceballos are brought in, since Torreira and Guendouzi might be moving on.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

the idea Saliba is young and eased in is one I'm not buying it. Yes he is 19 but he has had two seasons of senior football. Thats more experience than Davies and he just bossed Europe.

And no idea how we will line up until we get the midfield sorted. We are over weighted at centre back and light in central midfield.

Pyres7

the idea Saliba is young and eased in is one I'm not buying it. Yes he is 19 but he has had two seasons of senior football. Thats more experience than Davies and he just bossed Europe.

And no idea how we will line up until we get the midfield sorted. We are over weighted at centre back and light in central midfield.
Agreed, if you're good enough you're old enough. If we had a stable defense already I could understand easing him in, but we don't.

Midfield is an issue, I would have hoped we got in at least one signing by now, even Ceballos on loan again. The first couple of months are going to be rough if we leave it to the end of the window.

HomeSteak

Established Member
I was thinking....we are in a really bad place without Ceballos. I mean we needed a CM and an AM before, but now...do we have the money to fix it?

With Torreira, AMN and Gundeouzi on the way out(if we believe the press) and Elneny the same(hope so) we really have 2 players for 2 positions. Xhaka & Willock(who is not ready). What the hell is gonna happen? Are we gonna keep Elneny? We would need to play Chambers there? Or dear I say it, Luiz? I mean even if we buy someone to partner Xhaka, we would still have no option from the bench. We probably need 2 in the middle there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
AMN looks to be moving on and there are rumors about Bellerin and Kola also going out

With Gabriel in that puts us at 8 CBs (Luis, Mustafi, Saliba, Gabriel, Holding, Sokratis, Mari, Chambers)

Really looking like it will be 3 atb for most matches. Can’t see a 433 as the primary formation with the current options, even if Partey and Ceballos are brought in, since Torreira and Guendouzi might be moving on.

3 CB's are going and we are getting rid of players who could play RWB. We want to go 433/4231.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Tony Adams made his debut at 17, was a regular at 19 and captain at 21. If he's good enough, he plays although I would like him protected from the rigours of over playing.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
3 CB's are going and we are getting rid of players who could play RWB. We want to go 433/4231.

A move to 4 at the back depends on the midfield. We are well stocked defensively if Gabriel signs and our forward line is fine, even though I think we should sell laca and buy Edouard.

The midfield is a massive problem. We don't have the personnel for a 3 man midfield. We need to seriously invest in that area to push for 4th.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
My answer is no, but could a back 5 be the best thing for us moving forwards? A 3-5-2 eases Saliba and Gabriel in, whilst masking Luiz' deficiencies. Tierney is a boss in a back 3 or wing back, Kolasinac is actually a decent wing back, but socks in a 4. AMN and Saka have looked class in attacking roles in a back 4 or 5.

Our cm needs protection and a back 5 aids this. Xhaka and even Ceballos are nothing special, but looked at their best in a 2 man midfield. A midfield 3 with Willian solves the creativity issue.

Pepe needed to be near the goal and a front 2 allows this. With Auba, Laca and Nketiah as striker options, goals should flow.

Think I've just talked myself into a back 5. Just sign Partey though!

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
More concerned about the lack of depth in midfield than anything else. We don’t have a real backup, or competition for Xhaka. We’re also waiting/hoping for deals on Partey and or Ceballos whilst(if rumours are to be believed), flogging Toreirra.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are a Thomas Partey signing away from being able to play -

Leno
Bellerin - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey - Xhaka
Pepe - Willian - Auba
Laca
We of course need Aouar or someone of that ilk as well. But its not as bad as people think. I think we could still make 3 more signings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom