• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals (Aug 18-19)

Which CL Final do you want?

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Under Jupp they battered everyone except us. They went further on away goals. :lol:

I'm looking at their squad and I can't remember when I've seen a team with such a juiced up bench. It doesn't really matter if someone gets injured because they got players of the same quality ready to take their place. :eek:

That’s my point though, we put the clamps on them second leg. They were trying to bottle that game hard.

Final as well was so close, could’ve gone either way.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I liked Enrique's Barce when they beat Man City, PSG, Bayern and Juve to win it. They had MSN of course, but still.
Enrique improved Barca's away record in the CL, which was mediocre under Pep, but really, almost all of his teams did badly in away games while he was in charge.
Their defense was the best they've been since 2008. Strange that they got rid of Enrique only to replace him with worse coaches.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I actually fancy PSG to win it. To me it depends if Mbappe and Neymar have their shooting boots on. Playing that high line against those players is recipe for disaster.

Yep. Flick will have to take a decision, either to keep a high line or change his tactics. Nagelsman tried the latter but that didn't work though. At the other end, the thought of Boateng chasing Mbappe may not be appealing for Bayern either.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Enrique improved Barca's away record in the CL, which was mediocre under Pep, but really, almost all of his teams did badly in away games while he was in charge.
Their defense was the best they've been since 2008. Strange that they got rid of Enrique only to replace him with worse coaches.

Agree that they got rid of Enrique quite quickly and they played some decent football under him.His last season wasn't that great and they got beaten by Real in La Liga,but they didn't find proper solutions in new two managers and they got even worse.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I actually fancy PSG to win it. To me it depends if Mbappe and Neymar have their shooting boots on. Playing that high line against those players is recipe for disaster.
Come on, man. You can't compare PSG's midfield and fullbacks with what Bayern have.
PSG other than their front 3 have nothing on this Bayern team.

Once the germans start to press them, you'll see it's curtains, because Neymar doesn't have his shooting boots on and Icardi is a bum.
They lack the killer instinct because they haven't played since March aside from the games in the CL and the League Cup, but they're also bottlers in this competition and Bayern's experience is key.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Coutinho’s still got it. Would thrive on the left side of a midfield 3.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Come on, man. You can't compare PSG's midfield and fullbacks with what Bayern have.
PSG other than their front 3 have nothing on this Bayern team.

Once the germans start to press them, you'll see it's curtains, because Neymar doesn't have his shooting boots on and Icardi is a bum.
They lack the killer instinct because they haven't played since March aside from the games in the CL and the League Cup, but they're also bottlers in this competition and Bayern's experience is key.

That might well be true but you don't need to have better players in every position to beat a team. Tactics can play a big part. Lyon have far inferior players than PSG but they should have been 2 up before Bayern even had a sniff.

All I'm saying is if Bayern try to play the same way in the final it will most likely play into PSG's hands. PSG are actually susceptible to counter attacks, they actually have pretty good defensive record. So if they sit in a bit Bayern won't find it easy to break them down while every PSG counter attack could become very dangerous.

Anyway it will be intriguing to see. For that reason I hope Bayern play the same way, we could be in for a great game.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That might well be true but you don't need to have better players in every position to beat a team. Tactics can play a big part. Lyon have far inferior players than PSG but they should have been 2 up before Bayern even had a sniff.
You could see that Bayern eased off a bit compared to the Barca game. In the final it will be a different approach in terms of intensity.
It's not impossible for them to concede, but I don't see how PSG will win it.

It's easier for Bayern to mark those 3 than it is for PSG to mark their dangerous players, which are more, not taking into consideration the firepower they have on the bench.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It's easier for Bayern to mark those 3 than it is for PSG to mark their dangerous players, which are more, not taking into consideration the firepower they have on the bench.

This is where tactics come into play. If Bayern didn't play such high defensive line then yes, Bayern has more dangerous players and should have the upper hand. But if they do play the same way as they have done so far (I don't think they will change their system just for the final btw) then PSG's front 3 can cause carnage while they will be able to deal better with Bayern's dangerous attacking players because they will have enough bodies back and try to stay fairly compact.

carlito'sway

Established Member
This is where tactics come into play. If Bayern didn't play such high defensive line then yes, Bayern has more dangerous players and should have the upper hand. But if they do play the same way as they have done so far (I don't think they will change their system just for the final btw) then PSG's front 3 can cause carnage while they will be able to deal better with Bayern's dangerous attacking players because they will have enough bodies back and try to stay fairly compact.

Exactly. Flick will have to make a choice, keep a high line or play a lower block. A high line vs PSG is suicidal but a lower block will mean giving up possession to PSG. Interesting chess matches ahead!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Atalanta could have eliminated them if they continued playing football in the second half, so I don't see them being a match for Bayern, high line or not.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Atalanta could have eliminated them if they continued playing football in the second half, so I don't see them being a match for Bayern, high line or not.

Atlanta could have eliminated them. But that kinda shows what I'm getting at. Firstly that having superior players in every position isn't a guarantee and secondly that Atlanta could have won precisely because they played on PSG's weakness (letting PSG have the ball, commit loads of players forward then hitting them on the counter). But however strong Bayern look, if they start playing to PSG's strenghts (leaving loads of space to run into while having players who can pick a pass and freak speedsters like Mbappe) then the final will be far from the foregone conclusion you seem to think.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom