• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I absolutely have no faith in Edu. He has nothing to offer and looks like a gormless ****.

After Raul's departure, if we screw up this window, I'm done with football for good.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I absolutely have no faith in Edu. He has nothing to offer and looks like a gormless ****.

After Raul's departure, if we screw up this window, I'm done with football for good.

Any evidence at all to back up 'he has nothing to offer'

He may turn out to be terrible, average or brilliant. He has had 12 months in the job, during a turbulent phase and hasn't presided over a proper transfer window yet. Currently any conclusions about him are just pure prejudice.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Any evidence at all to back up 'he has nothing to offer'

He may turn out to be terrible, average or brilliant. He has had 12 months in the job, during a turbulent phase and hasn't presided over a proper transfer window yet. Currently any conclusions about him are just pure prejudice.
Well, there's no evidence for the contrary either.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Well, there's no evidence for the contrary either.

How can there be, he's only been here 5 minutes, as I said he could turn out to be terrible, average or brilliant, only time will tell.

What happened to giving someone a fair chance?

From Mari being called 'one of the worst signings in our history' after 2 appearances to Soares, to Edu people are getting written off before they have been given an opportunity and I think it's unfair. Incidentally I am just as frustrated at the other end of the spectrum, Saliba being hailed as the 2nd coming of Baresi for example.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How can there be, he's only been here 5 minutes, as I said he could turn out to be terrible, average or brilliant, only time will tell.

From Mari being called 'one of the worst signings in our history' after 2 appearances to Soares, to Edu people are getting written off before they have been given an opportunity and I think it's unfair. Incidentally I am just as frustrated at the other end of the spectrum, Saliba being hailed as the 2nd coming of Baresi for example.
That's AM baybee.

Worldclass or sh*te no in-between round here. Popularity is determined by your jaw/hairline.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Respect is something that needs to be earned, not given. So far the players we have signed under Edu haven't been at the level which makes me think he is earning his paycheck.

Gegen Pressing

Education is like vinaigrette- it's about good chemistry .

And so the focus should be on Arteta + team not on who is doing the accounting (Vinai), who's writing the contracts (Fahmy) and who's flying to South America (Edu). Trust the man in charge and that's Arteta.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How many people have a direct line to the Kroenkes? Something triggered them to install Tim Lewis. Wonder if it the other board members.

This is conspiracy theory stuff, but I wonder if Wenger is somehow involved in all this.:cool:

The impression I got from the Athletic/Handbrake off podcast was that Tim Lewis is very much going in and auditing the way Arsenal is run. First result of that audit was living the director of football out.

Think the importance of this has been overlooked. Kicking out the director of football out in the middle of contract and transfer negotiations is a major thing. Everyone presented it as amicable but it was a major firing

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Responsibility for transfers has to fall on Edu. It’s a big test for him, he needs to deliver. Get the players Mikel wants.

Huge test.

He has things in his favour though. Groundwork was already in place for Gabriel and Partey. And his mate Juninho will be very easy to talk to at Lyon for Aouar.

He could make a huge name for himself here in this role.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Respect is something that needs to be earned, not given. So far the players we have signed under Edu haven't been at the level which makes me think he is earning his paycheck.

Totally agree that respect has to earned but in my opinion so does scorn. He hasn't had an opportunity to earn either yet in my opinion. I don't count a January transfer window with no transfer funds and only access to the loan market.

I will start to judge Edu one way or the other at the end of this coming season. Only then will his first proper transfer windows signings have been given a decent sample size to prove or disprove their worth.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Interesting article on how we're adapting our scouting practises. Gist of the article: Arsenal plan to identify new talent by investing in new sport tech - boot sensors.
The sensors identify things like shot power, sprint speed, movements touches; all measured and assessed by the software and coaches in minutes.
The plan is to use stat and video analysis to identify potential new players and then ask their parent club if we can fit them with boot sensors to judge different characteristics. We will also use the tech to identify weaknesses and potential improvements in existing players.

Article says this was one of Arsène's ideas before he was forced out. Arsène is actually an investor in the company that creates the boot sensors. The current management has followed through.

If we're doing this, we obviously don't need as many scouts. If this article is accurate, It justifies making so many scouts redundant.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Interesting article on how we're adapting our scouting practises. Gist of the article: Arsenal plan to identify new talent by investing in new sport tech - boot sensors.
The sensors identify things like shot power, sprint speed, movements touches; all measured and assessed by the software and coaches in minutes.
The plan is to use stat and video analysis to identify potential new players and then ask their parent club if we can fit them with boot sensors to judge different characteristics. We will also use the tech to identify weaknesses and potential improvements in existing players.

Article says this was one of Arsène's ideas before he was forced out. Arsène is actually an investor in the company that creates the boot sensors. The current management has followed through.

If we're doing this, we obviously don't need as many scouts. If this article is accurate, It justifies making so many scouts redundant.

I can't read. Any chance you could send me a voice note of the article?

Gegen Pressing

Experience with Brazil NT gives us access to South American market that is really a huge .
Glorified scout maybe but at least a good scout. (Martinelli&Gabriel). Let's trust Arteta's judgement on this.

I don't understand. How do we convince the parent club of the player to allow us to put a boot sensor in their player? Do we pay them?

Also, how do we identify the players we want to put boot sensors on without scouts?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom