• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

The long interview with Tierney that's in the KT thread made me have a lot more respect for Luiz. Tierney absolutely adamant that Luiz is a massive figure in the room and takes time to ensure all the young players are comfortable.

KT says Luiz told him he would take all the heat and pressure from fans and media if and when things go badly so KT an the other young players can focus on just playing. "I'm the big name, let them yell me and you just focus on playing."

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The long interview with Tierney that's in the KT thread made me have a lot more respect for Luiz. Tierney absolutely adamant that Luiz is a massive figure in the room and takes time to ensure all the young players are comfortable.

KT says Luiz told him he would take all the heat and pressure from fans and media if and when things go badly so KT an the other young players can focus on just playing. "I'm the big name, let them yell me and you just focus on playing."
So this is why he keeps cocking up, wants to take the pressure off the kids...it all makes sense now. What a saint!

say yes

forum master baiter

He’s the type of character and leader this club has been crying out for over the past decade.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I noticed most of the bad results this season he was the guy doing the interview afterwards.

Granted some of the losses were entirely his fault, but accountability has indeed been missing for ages.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s the type of character and leader this club has been crying out for over the past decade.
Yet he’s been poor nearly every game, until June/July the whole of this forum was abusing him and we’ve had the worst league season in 30 years.

I appreciate his off the pitch attributes but you have to deliver where it matters.

I don’t see this praise for Xhaka btw, was is also regarded as a big character amongst the squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The whole point of a leader is he performs on the pitch. It’s easy to find guys to can’t don’t nothing on the pitch but show great leadership off the pitch, just sign John Terry now, he’s retired but I’m sure he’s still a great leader. Bring Tony Adams back, cant play but have him in the dressing room every day doing his Mr Arsenal routine.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The main reason I like him is the fact that he never hides he has a bad performance. He's not afraid to come out and face the fans and media.

He has a lot trophy winning experience and he's a nice character to have around the dressing room. He's actually one of our best footballer.

He's integral to the way Arteta wants to play. He's the ball playing CB in the league without a doubt. Even Laporte gas nothing on him.

Yeah, he has the occasional brainfarts, But so does our other CBs. But Luiz make up for his brainfarts by contributing much to our offensive play. He's the best CB in the world at breaking the line. Surely that count for something?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The whole point of a leader is he performs on the pitch. It’s easy to find guys to can’t don’t nothing on the pitch but show great leadership off the pitch, just sign John Terry now, he’s retired but I’m sure he’s still a great leader. Bring Tony Adams back, cant play but have him in the dressing room every day doing his Mr Arsenal routine.

He has though, we all know what we get with Luiz he has a Mustafi in him. But in the biggest games of the season he's been one of the best players.

FA Cup Semi & Final.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I knew he was frass when we signed so can’t say I was surprised or upset when he did cost us games. Whether he plays or not, we are sh*t anyways whoever we put in defence or midfield.

Can’t say I hate him though, this will be his last season here and I’m ok with his contributions so far - he’s largely worked out.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yet he’s been poor nearly every game, until June/July the whole of this forum was abusing him and we’ve had the worst league season in 30 years.

I appreciate his off the pitch attributes but you have to deliver where it matters.

I don’t see this praise for Xhaka btw, was is also regarded as a big character amongst the squad.
That's because you only ever see what suits you.

Just gonna say it: Xhaka’s awesome.
No one wants to give @Erlis any happiness, but he’s the first proper leader / character we’ve had at this club in about a decade.
Give him back his armband:
Nah that’s not all: I still think it’s poor he lost it; he’s been fantastic since Arteta took over; and he’s clearly the biggest leader in our squad.
Xhaka never hides. Credit where credit’s due: he’s got a bigger set of cajones on him than any other player in our squad.
That’s not his problem.
My captain.
Hope Arteta does the right thing if Auba leaves.

There's a legitimate debate to be had as to whether either player offers enough on the pitch (although I'd say Xhaka is doing quite a good job silencing his doubters) .

But I'm sticking to my guns that their character and personality is a huge bonus to this squad. Even if eunachs like you who worshipped the cuckold captain Koscielny will never understand it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

That's because you only ever see what suits you.

There's a legitimate debate to be had as to whether either player offers enough on the pitch (although I'd say Xhaka is doing quite a good job silencing his doubters) .

But I'm sticking to my guns that their character and personality is a huge bonus to this squad. Even if eunachs like you who worshipped the cuckold captain Koscielny will never understand it.

We don't win that semi final or final with Koscielny.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Luiz is the reverse of Kos.

Kos great 99% of the time, crumbles in the 1% of the biggest games.

Luiz terrible 99% of the time, our best defender in the 1% when the pressure is at it's highest.

Neither are as extreme as this obviously, but broadly this is what both are like...convinced we wouldn't have won the cup this year if Kos stayed though.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The main reason I like him is the fact that he never hides he has a bad performance. He's not afraid to come out and face the fans and media.

He has a lot trophy winning experience and he's a nice character to have around the dressing room. He's actually one of our best footballer.

He's integral to the way Arteta wants to play. He's the ball playing CB in the league without a doubt. Even Laporte gas nothing on him.

Yeah, he has the occasional brainfarts, But so does our other CBs. But Luiz make up for his brainfarts by contributing much to our offensive play. He's the best CB in the world at breaking the line. Surely that count for something?
When you'rec making **** ups and having crap games I think luiz has ran out of places to hide, that's why he doesn't bother.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This one is dedicated to my boy @GDeep™ ...

EgnEp7QXkAAS_gu.jpg

...while Big Dave keeps winning, G’s mind won’t stop spinning :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom