• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Coaches Thread

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Man Arteta is making me believe again, I had almost given up with Raul and our board. I still have my doubts about Edu but I'm firmly behind Arteta revolution now.

say yes

forum master baiter
Tbf to Freddie, he had done his coaching badges a while back and paid dues within Arsenal so he had actually been coaching for a while, mostly working with the U15s and U16s. His work with the U23s is really what cemented his reputation as a coach. Problem is he was always a 3rd wheel once he made the first team staff. He wasn't one of Unai's guys, and he probably didn't mesh all that well with Mikel either. Freddie's definitely his own man, that comes across often in how he carries himself and even when he communicated his ideas in the media.

RE Arteta, he will definitely want to cover his bases regarding us. He knows where we are weak and he's had more than his time at Arsenal to think about it given how spectacularly Emery's tenure fell off the wagon. Given how quickly he had to cobble together staff, I'm not surprised that he's beginning to shape the team to his desire now. I'm just intrigued to see whether he will bolster other areas of the coaching - maybe another offensive coach?

The Athletic said a few weeks ago that Mikel was hoping to make several additions to the coaching staff this summer, so guessing there is more to come. He definitely had a bare-bones staff before.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The Athletic said a few weeks ago that Mikel was hoping to make several additions to the coaching staff this summer, so guessing there is more to come. He definitely had a bare-bones staff before.

Do you have a date for this? Can you link the article and show me the date?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, was basically Arteta, Round, Ljungberg and Stuivenberg, with Cana & Bibbo training the goalies. In terms of fitness and S&C we're covered. With Ljungberg and now Bibbo leaving, definitely leaves room for replacements + 2 new additions.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
First he smoked Henry and Vieira for the gig, now he's pushing and pulling the likes of Ljungberg and Bergkamp.

Arteta utterly bodying the invincibles.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i'm surprised Arteta didn't ask Pires guy love to train always at London Cloney.:lol:

Bergkamp would love this idea he already had experience with Ajax.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Isn’t he a bit of a fraud though Dennis?

Also Irwin says we were considering Cazorla as well.
I don't think his coaching itself was likely called into question but there were issues at Ajax due to the power he was given and it lead to a huge amount of conflict. That definitely led to Bergkamp's time at Ajax being looked at negatively.

balthazar

now just need to get Thomas Grønnemark (or Rory Delap) as throw-in coach. Apparently his teams scored loads of goals as a result. Btw nicely done carving out a niche for himself in the game. What's next, kick-off coach?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We shouldn't want Bergkamp just because he was an Arsenal legend. His time as a coach at Ajax should be discussed properly.

After some time a few questioned Dennis' workethic, since he regularly missed away games and training camps pre-season. He had problems with Wim Jonk and later Peter Bosz, apparently Bergkamp said to the latter that he "only played at Feyenoord" when talking about high level football.

Now this may not all be Bergkamp's fault, as I've also heard very good things about him from players and coaches, but it's something to look into at least. Can't be just that we hire a guy because he was an invincible. I mean, we wouldn't do that in other high ranking positions in the club either, right? O wait..

Latest posts+

Top Bottom