• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MK Dons vs Arsenal| Tonight| 6pm| Free on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I don't know the names, but he looks good. But I would like more intensity from him, at that age you should put much more effort and intensity to show yourself.

He plays like that even for the youth teams. That's one of the frustrations in his game.

I think he wants to come off as playing with composure which is not a bad thing, but sometimes he needs to play with more aggression and impose himself on games.

He also needs to improve his tackling and defensive awareness. But it's pretty obvious he has both the physical and technical attributes needed to succeed here as a midfielder.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Cottrell, John-Jules, Smith-Rowe looked good. Azeez didn't quite get on the ball as I would've liked. Nelson looked poor apart from one shimmy and overhit cross down the right and the run for the pen. Don't think Arteta was quite pleased about that performance

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
32368586-0-image-a-2_1598370365755.jpg

...Big Virgil bleeding, on the floor and looking up in awe...when he goes to contest a header with McGuinness at the weekend, they ain't ready for this smoke.

That own goal from Rob to bring MK back in it at 2-1 was so hilariously terrible :lol:

Smith Rowe looking quality, number 7 really suits Saka...glad Eddie got a goal.

Elneny outperformed Xhaka, as per.

Saliba just has that little something about him, gonna be a star for us.
C'mon man. That's just hating tbf. All Nenny has done is foul!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He plays like that even for the youth teams. That's one of the frustrations in his game.

I think he wants to come off as playing with composure which is not a bad thing, but sometimes he needs to play with more aggression and impose himself on games.

He also needs to improve his tackling and defensive awareness. But it's pretty obvious he has both the physical and technical attributes needed to succeed here as a midfielder.
Yeah, you can tell he has ability but that part of his game he needs to fix. Not quite there yet.

I liked the CBs though. Bola did alright but I thought McGuinness and Ballard were solid and I'm really happy to see them get a chance in the Arsenal shirt as they're good, honest defenders. Will be interesting to see how they develop this season.

Cottrell, John-Jules, Smith-Rowe looked good. Azeez didn't quite get on the ball as I would've liked. Nelson looked poor apart from one shimmy and overhit cross down the right and the run for the pen. Don't think Arteta was quite pleased about that performance
Yeah, thought the 3 you mentioned were strong. Looked secure on the ball and a cut above. Nelson really disappointed me. I'm glad he got a goal and assist but he just keeps on playing timidly. That's not gonna get him minutes and he'll end up on the chopping block if he's not careful.

Geofranco

Would sell all three of Willock, Nketiah and Nelson if a decent offer came in.

I think Willock needs a season long loan to prove himself. Preferably for a team in the Bundesliga or maybe even a lower ranked EPL team.

Nelson has class, but still plays scared like he doesn't want to make a mistake.

Don't know what happened to him, but it might be a mental thing at this point. I still think we should give him this season to see if he can improve before making any decision. He might be one of those that leaves and just explodes somewhere else by like 24/25.

I don't rate Nketiah. He is decent, but doesn't have any special qualities.
His ceiling here is squad player that will work hard and score a couple of goals during an injury crisis, but that's just my opinion.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Willock needs a season long loan to prove himself. Preferably for a team in the Bundesliga or maybe even a lower ranked EPL team.

Nelson has class, but still plays scared like he doesn't want to make a mistake.

Don't know what happened to him, but it might be a mental thing at this point. I still think we should give him this season to see if he can improve before making any decision. He might be one of those that leaves and just explodes somewhere else by like 24/25.

I don't rate Nketiah. He is decent, but doesn't have any special qualities.
His ceiling here is squad player that will work hard and score a couple of goals during an injury crisis, but that's just my opinion.
I'm a huge Nketiah fan but given our talent at CF, I think he could potentially be expendable. We could probably get as much for him as we're getting for AMN if not more (CF).

Both Nketiah and Willock I'd definitely give a proper season of football before I make a decision. Nelson I'd wait longer because I think he's more talented but he's GOT to pull his finger out and start playing with more hunger. He grew into the game today and finished pretty strongly before coming off but I want consistent threat from him. Still isn't at his most confident, and I think it will take a few more games for him to really get into his momentum. The good part is that - albeit set-pieces - he had some end product today and that is good currency.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Didn’t watch this but surely he wasn’t being timid against MK Dons?
Yessir, something is seriously up with his mentality, he as all the tools to be an incredible player, just seem like two steps forwards, two steps back for him, he's always looking for the safe option, even when in on goal...

Last edited:

Geofranco

Very friendly game :lol:

Youngsters were OK in that 2nd half - I liked the CBs Ballard and McGuinness mostly, they looked unflustered mostly. Nelson was ****ty for the 1st half of that 2nd half but was much better in the 2nd. I just wish he would show the kind of aggression on the ball he showed for his run that got the penalty. Cottrell (who is an attacking midfielder by trade) looked good at LB and that might be a positional change that could work for him a la Zinchenko. Very good technician and aggressive despite his height. John-Jules was good on the ball but got too little of it. Azeez is very talented but he had one of his typical games where he plays at 60%. Olayinka had more presence. ESR had some nice touches aswell.

ESR looked good with those powerful bursting runs through the middle. That's the best part of his game at this point. It'll soon become his trademark.

Don't think he has the vision, touch and quick link up passing to play as a 10 here.

I think he can be a devastating 8. I remember one U23 game against Swansea where he played as an 8, he looked good even defensively. Winning a lot of standing tackles and had good anticipation for interceptions. I think he has more potential as an 8 than Willock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom