• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MK Dons vs Arsenal| Tonight| 6pm| Free on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No but my sources tell me he’s the been the best player for Arsenal today.

Middle of the back three, barking orders to Tierney and Saliba...the white Tony Adams basically today, large and in charge...took pity on MK Dons as we were 2-0 in 10 mins, wanted to make the friendly more interesting so scored on purpose...had everything else under control though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ESR looked good with those powerful bursting runs through the middle. That's the best part of his game at this point. It'll soon become his trademark.

Don't think he has the vision, touch and quick link up passing to play as a 10 here.

I think he can be a devastating 8. I remember one U23 game against Swansea where he played as an 8, he looked good even defensively. Winning a lot of standing tackles and had good anticipation for interceptions. I think he has more potential as an 8 than Willock.
Yeah I love the idea of ESR as an advancing 8, he's got the drive and technical ability to make that role look really good for us. Willock IMO could be a really good 6 if they played him there, a lot of his better games have come when he's played a more withdrawn and defensive role but because he finally learned to shoot adequately he's been used in increasingly attacking roles. With Azeez and co coming through, they need to find a better way to repurpose him. This pseudo-10 role is not working for him. I say he needs loan football.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta trying to convince him to stay

Arteta doesn't want players who are not on board. It doesn't make sense that he would play him if AMN was definitely leaving. Arteta wants players to play for the club. I can't see him playing players to convince them. They shouldn't need convincing.

It's odd.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yessir, something is seriously up with his mentality, he as all the tools to be an incredible player, just seem like two steps forwards, two steps back for him, he's always looking for the safe option, even when in on goal...
To be fair, he finished the game pretty confidently but I'm getting increasingly concerned by his lack of confidence. He'll end up getting sold if he isn't careful IMO.
Caught the game late, how did King Saliba fair ?
Very confident, looked good on and off the ball. Unflappable.

Permission to make the Mark McGuinness thread?
I'd say not yet. Been injured most of last season like Ballard, he's most likely gonna cook for the U23s a little bit. I like him though, always thought he was a really good defender for the U18s and formed a great partnership with Harry Clarke in the season we won the U18 PL South league. Expect Ballard and Clarke to go on loan and McGuinness will probably be the main U23 defender alongside Dinzeyi.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta doesn't want players who are not on board. It doesn't make sense that he would play him if AMN was definitely leaving. Arteta wants players to play for the club. I can't see him playing players to convince them. They shouldn't need convincing.

It's odd.

I think Ainsley wants to play for Arsenal but he wants to play every week more. I imagine Arteta says you need to compete here and I can't ever guarantee you'll get more playing time but I will let you earn it. But I do think he clearly rates Bellerin higher

AMN maybe wants to play CM more as well

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah I love the idea of ESR as an advancing 8, he's got the drive and technical ability to make that role look really good for us. Willock IMO could be a really good 6 if they played him there, a lot of his better games have come when he's played a more withdrawn and defensive role but because he finally learned to shoot adequately he's been used in increasingly attacking roles. With Azeez and co coming through, they need to find a better way to repurpose him. This pseudo-10 role is not working for him. I say he needs loan football.

He looked really good at times in the 19/20 pre-season playing deeper. Even his passing wasn't that bad, especially when he was distributing the ball.

But he would have def been getting more time on the ball with less pressure because it was pre-season. He has the engine to be really good defensively, especially off the ball.

Don't know if that was a fluke, but I feel he needs a season long loan playing deeper for a decent team.

Cause Chamberlain used to kill it during pre-season, looking like a complete beast, but never brought that same energy during the season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How is it that Arsenal doesn't have one creative midfielder in the entire first team or the academy? :lol: We used to have enough to play on the wings.
They're all in the U18s. Cirjan & Flores in particular, could add Hutchinson to that. We just signed a creative midfielder for the U23s too but he wasn't in the squad today. Ben Cottrell is a creative midfielder but he was playing LWB today. There's creation there.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
How is it that Arsenal doesn't have one creative midfielder in the entire first team or the academy? :lol: We used to have enough to play on the wings.
If weren't an overrated lazy prick of a creative midfielder, Messi may have won a World Cup and none of this would've transpired. Thanks!!!!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We won without it being the best overall performance. I liked the increased tempo in the second half and the fact that the youngsters took chances to try and create something. I was impressed by Bola, Cotterell and Azzeez especially as we don't see them too often. Our fitness levels were decent too so no real complaints that haven't already been mentioned.

KenyanGoon

Was disappointed that Balogun did not even make the squad. Really hoped he would get a chance to show us what he is made of.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very confident, looked good on and off the ball. Unflappable.
Missed the game but this really pleases me about Saliba.

Imagine Arsenal having a CB that's unflappable, after Mustafi, Sokratis and Luiz. Lovely stuff.

Manberg

Predator

He looks an intelligent player. I was impressed by his positioning and reading of the game.

He’s 17! One to watch.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He plays like that even for the youth teams. That's one of the frustrations in his game.

I think he wants to come off as playing with composure which is not a bad thing, but sometimes he needs to play with more aggression and impose himself on games.

He also needs to improve his tackling and defensive awareness. But it's pretty obvious he has both the physical and technical attributes needed to succeed here as a midfielder.
My dad knows a lot about football, I was watching the game and immediately agreed he was a good player. He told me, that guy has a good technical. He doesn't know about arsenal players or he was 17yo. So yeah he looks immediately like a good player but he needs to play with more pace.

Other thing my father told me was, " that guy doesn't help his teammates, what is he doing in that team looks tired". He referred to ESR, and he didn't know he was subbed like 10 min ago, when I told him he laughed. I don't know what a lot of people see in him but I don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom