• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Coaches Thread

DennisTheLegend

Bergkamp as coach would be amazing for us, imagine him on the training pitch teaching the boys control or finishing. We should’ve made these kind of appointments earlier but Wenger resisted bringing in Vieira or Henry into his back room staff for some bizarre reason.

Arseshavin

I honestly think Ian Wright would be a great coach, he has that fire in him. Nketiah has said lots of good stuff about Wright talking to him, and I seem to remember some other kid has too. Coaching is not only about the technical stuff, it's about mentality too, and I reckon Wright would be great at that.

Manberg

Predator
I honestly think Ian Wright would be a great coach, he has that fire in him. Nketiah has said lots of good stuff about Wright talking to him, and I seem to remember some other kid has too. Coaching is not only about the technical stuff, it's about mentality too, and I reckon Wright would be great at that.

How do you bring a coach in to coach mentality? What drills do they set the players through?

Arseshavin

How do you bring a coach in to coach mentality? What drills do they set the players through?
They could work together with coaches who are more tactically or technically adept, helping in getting the message through to the players in a way that motivates them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think coaching is all about technical stuff. You can’t have a cheerleader as an assistant.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
https://elpais.com/deportes/2019/02/12/actualidad/1549986126_554736.html

This Carlos Cuesta guy is 24 lol. He weaselled his way into Atletico's coaching structure then went travelling around top coaching teams in Europe.

Says this about Mikel:
Through a contact with Pep Guardiola's coaching staff, he had access to various City training sessions. "On that visit I realized how important it is to surround yourself with the right people. Pep has a high-quality professional and human staff," he says. "I highlight Mikel Arteta. He will be a great coach," he adds. "He was also able to verify the importance of details in elite training sessions and in game analysis. These teams have very little time between games," Cuesta emphasizes.

Edit: Transfarmarkt says this guy was appointed as U17 Coach of Juventus today?? Something smells fishier than the durag covering @BigPoppaPump receding hairline. Is this 24 year old really the best we can do lol

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carlos-cuesta-garcia/profil/trainer/75002

Last edited:

akhil

He's probably the assistant to all the coaches or something. Equivalent to like an intern.

The other 2 have a lot of experience.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Cuesta and Molina are sport scientists I think. Georgson's the set piece coach.

Molina's the sport scientist, Cuesta was coaching Atleti kids and Juve kids so I'd assume he's coming to be Arteta's assistant coach in whatever capacity 24 year olds can be assistant coaches. This is so shambolic, surely we can do better

Manberg

Predator
Molina's the sport scientist, Cuesta was coaching Atleti kids and Juve kids so I'd assume he's coming to be Arteta's assistant coach in whatever capacity 24 year olds can be assistant coaches. This is so shambolic, surely we can do better

I stand corrected. But I don't see lack of age and experience as a barrier. If anything, youth makes you more ambitious. Maybe he has good knowledge of the game and that's what Arteta likes.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm happy with this. Arsenal need fresh ideas and I think going for younger coaches more couched in today's modern game is an innovative approach, especially considering we already have experienced coaches in Stuivenberg and Round - both men with an interesting resume.

I've been looking for more information about the 2 new coaches and as far as I've been able to ascertain, Molina is a "high performance" coach, brought in to specifically work on players' decision-making and analytical+tactical development of players. I think this would be good for the younger players in particular, as there are certain areas that need work and decision-making is the most obvious area of weakness.

Cuesta there is a lot less info on in terms of what he's actually going to bring. He's a young guy who got his initial coaching job at Atletico through Twitter :lol:. He's clearly an ambitious guy and likely will be here for a few years before moving on. Given he visited City for a time, he clearly made an impression on Arteta hence he has come on board likely to replace Ljungberg's role as the transitional coach for U23s/U18s joining up with the first team.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Cuesta looks interesting. Very ambitious and probably a big coaching nerd. If Arteta have faith in him i will support him. I certainly wont cry like a little kid.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom