• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscoGooner8

I understand the desire to evaluate the current state of things but I don't see the point in rating the transfer window until it ends. On so many occasions we've done our business close to the deadline. It's all just speculation based on transfer rumours and questionable reports until then.
The problem is with how weak our midfield is, we are risking getting behind the big boys by 6 points after just 2-3 weeks if we don’t sign players until October. Then they have to be eased into the squad and won’t be starting until November. We are starting behind the top 5 teams, so we have to play catch up.

WiscoGooner8

Define ambition? Is ambition to you having the owner spend millions in one window? To me that isnt ambition.

Arteta will be here for much longer than 2 years.

What will more realistically happen is he will over achieve with the crap we have and then be off to Barcelona in 1-2 years because he knows the owners here have less ambition than Everton.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Going to be a tough season ahead, new CB’s from France, no midfield atm but maybe someone will join but they’ll need 6 months - 1 year to adjust, and Benjamin Button.

On paper, not feeling it.

Manberg

Predator
Going to be a tough season ahead, new CB’s from France, no midfield atm but maybe someone will join but they’ll need 6 months - 1 year to adjust, and Benjamin Button.

League wise we will be better than last season. It has to. Making the top 6 will be an improvement.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

No more signings til last 2 days of transfer window. Top targets have moved to other clubs, we sign overpriced squad filler.

Have lost to liverpool, drawn with Sheffield utd & Fulham, beaten West Ham.
5points from a possible 12 due to not having a decent midfield. Window ends.

Can totally see this happening. Playing catch-up again, not just trying to catch the other teams but trying to catch up on ourselves as well. By not getting players in in time we are handicapping ourselves from the start. Again.

Taxi Driver

I understand the desire to evaluate the current state of things but I don't see the point in rating the transfer window until it ends. On so many occasions we've done our business close to the deadline. It's all just speculation based on transfer rumours and questionable reports until then.

98140.jpg

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The midfield is a big problem, we will nothing of note this season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Can totally see this happening. Playing catch-up again, not just trying to catch the other teams but trying to catch up on ourselves as well. By not getting players in in time we are handicapping ourselves from the start. Again.
Really frustrating

GDeep™

League is very weak
6-8th for me.
City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, then it’s Arteta vs Jose for 5th I think.

I’m putting Chelsea and Utd above us simply on squad power, we easily have a better coach. My hope is a couple of top signings and we could take 4th from Ole.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Even with Arteta working miracles, looks like a 6-8th finish. Chelsea stronger, United get a penalty every other game, City & Pool already strong.

But should be fine because we have 32year old Willian now

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

who's Benjamin Button?

It's the almost 40 year old who came as a free signing here, with 7th most chances created in EPL last season.

Creating the most chances for a top 4 team (Chelsea) last season.

Ed7ss_cXoAIlG_W

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looking further, I think Utd will sack Ole soon and hire Allegri, Potch, Nagelsmann etc. My hope of us taking advantage of them having a PE teacher in charge isn’t coming to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom