• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@American_Gooner remember the days I wished an injury on Xhaka every game?

I never do it anymore since Arteta came in.

Reactions: A_G

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Liverpool definitely aren't at 100%, definitely not pressing us like they will in a few weeks. Some good stuff from a few of the players though and so much more effort than under Emery its insane.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Our defensive organisation and positioning is vastly improved. Their pressing so far has been rendered inert.

Need that creativity in the middle though, that will make us a very dangerous setup indeed.
Yeah, the spine just needs a bit of augmentation. Having seen a bit more of Nketiah in a first team environment, I think a starting berth for him here is a little premature. His all-round game is improving but he isn't creative nor particularly great with his back to goal. I'd really like to see him as a main man for a lower team. Also think that Saka and Auba have been very wide, leaving Xhaka and Elneny to do the heavy lifting and they've been very good but not terribly creative.

I'm intrigued to see John-Jules in the 2nd half because he's much more adept at that type of CF play. Smith-Rowe will be interesting aswell.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Half the forum praying Elneny does something wrong so they can say I told you so. Other half overrating him massively now that they have the chance. :drool:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Our midfield looking much better than people were predicting.

I'm surprised actually, I was really worried that we'd be overrun in the midfield but we look decent building up play from the middle onto the wings.

A large amount of praise does have to go to Xhaka as his balls out to the left have been excellent.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I like the way Mikel seems to have adopted the city way of commiting ****house fouls that breaks up play and stop them countering

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Liverpool definitely aren't at 100%, definitely not pressing us like they will in a few weeks. Some good stuff from a few of the players though and so much more effort than under Emery its insane.
Guess it matters when you actually believe in a manager, and you know, understand what he’s saying.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The goal was of the highest quality. Commented on every passage of the move; "that's good, so's that" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom