• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: Purple Patch Evaluation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Fan of Leno but Martinez has to be number 1 now. Great save from Mane and his command of his area is something Leno lacks. I'm assuming him starting today means Mikel sees him as his starter too?

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
I concede. We just cannot sell him. He's been too good. Look at that first goal. It came partly from him being so comfortable playing our from the back. Just like the goal against Man City.

There is zero reason to drop him. Make him number 1 for the season and see how it goes. It's not like we don't have Leno competing against him. If we sell him now, we're gonna look stupid if he ends up being the next Buffon for Juventus.

Keplaz

I concede. We just cannot sell him. He's been too good. Look at that first goal. It came partly from him being so comfortable playing our from the back. Just like the goal against Man City.

There is zero reason to drop him. Make him number 1 for the season and see how it goes. It's not like we don't have Leno competing against him. If we sell him now, we're gonna look stupid if he ends up being the next Buffon for Juventus.
The next Buffon for Juventus is a little known Polish goalkeeper called Wojciech Szczesny. Hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Leno is good shot stopper but emi all round game is better. Feel calm with him between the posts he is so confident and commanding
My thoughts exactly pretty much.

You’d think we would renegotiate his contract as he’s still on peanuts for a pro baller. Makes me think we will sell unfortunately.

Let’s see.

VancouverCanuck

I have doubts whether he is our No 1 long term, because he hasn't proven himself long enough yet.

But not only he hasn't done anything wrong but one of our better players since he became first choice. We simply cannot drop him now, let alone sell him. It will send totally the wrong message to the younger players.

Leno has to be backup until Martinez performance drop off, which I hope never happen.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Leno is good shot stopper but emi all round game is better. Feel calm with him between the posts he is so confident and commanding

I think he gives confidence to his defenders too. The whole defence has looked better with Emi behind them. We may not have the possession that Pool and City have had in our recent games, but we remain solid, look capable of scoring and have won them all. Now we need to add the players that will increase our possession!

Pop Tart

Established Member
I think he gives confidence to his defenders too. The whole defence has looked better with Emi behind them. We may not have the possession that Pool and City have had in our recent games, but we remain solid, look capable of scoring and have won them all. Now we need to add the players that will increase our possession!
His distribution is top notch, think there was a Auba chance and he was offside. EMI looks like he has that swagger about him. Yeah the defence know if they make mistake he is there right behind them. That mane save he stood tall to stop him from lobbing it over

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
His distribution is top notch, think there was a Auba chance and he was offside. EMI looks like he has that swagger about him. Yeah the defence know if they make mistake he is there right behind them. That mane save he stood tall to stop him from lobbing it over

His distribution, his handling, commanding his area, everything he is doing well. Also I loved the faces and chat when Pool were taking their penalties. He didn't seem to put them off but I liked it anyway! :)

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Only critique of Emi would be he got as close to the pens as Cech would have. Think he goes too early.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

118659828_10158384170542713_2997571988755368476_o.jpg

Look at him ffs. :drool:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
VVD couldn't even look him straight in the eye when blubbering his club's decision to shoot first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom