• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Hard to say for sure, but this Liverpool team doesn't look to have the same hunger anymore.. Can see them dropping a lot of silly points this season, not strengthening the squad will be costly too, they should be doing everything they can to get Thiago.
You're basing this off of one game. Lmao this forum is hilarious sometimes.

Ifly_Gooner

Loved our performance today, this was much better than the 2-1 win that we had over Liverpool. In that game, we rarely had any attacking intent and got lucky with both the goals. In yesterday's game, the attacking intent was evident with a solid plan in place. I'm warming up to Arteta's game management. I just hope we are able to come up with an effective plan against the perceived "lesser" teams who will defend more and look for the counter.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Loved our performance today, this was much better than the 2-1 win that we had over Liverpool. In that game, we rarely had any attacking intent and got lucky with both the goals. In yesterday's game, the attacking intent was evident with a solid plan in place. I'm warming up to Arteta's game management. I just hope we are able to come up with an effective plan against the perceived "lesser" teams who will defend more and look for the counter.

Thats why we need more creativity. We had space today but we’re not going to have that space for half of our games. Our midfield is not equipped for that.

AmsterdamGunner

Couldn’t we try to play more like 4-1-4-1 the way Bielsa is playing at Leeds when we have Saliba and Gabriel available?

A defensive midfielder that could drop into defence to make it 3 at the back and push the left back and right back high up the field, but the defensive midfielder could also stay in midfield to push higher up the field himself.

The left winger and right winger who push up and inside when the team has the ball, but drop into right midfield and left midfield when the team doesn’t have the ball and help defending.

The striker to be a target man to hold up the ball and work hard, so the four midfielders and maybe one of the backs can join in attack. The other back comes inside in midfield.

I think it would really suit our team and what Arteta wants, it isn’t that different from what we try to do now with or without the ball, except from three at the back when we are defending, but it makes it possible to have three in midfield. We would have a lot of players in attack like we try now but we will also have more players in the build-up and have players in midfield to press the ball when we lose it. High energy levels all over the pitch and lots of running, like Arteta wants now already from the team.

Last edited:

Ewarwoowar

For once we have a manager who knows how to park the bus when needed and grind out results!

Yes nice to have a plan 'b', It wasn't a grind though

iu

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
For once we have a manager who knows how to park the bus when needed and grind out results!

We didn't have to grind it out this time though. There was one spell, immediately after their goal when we had to grit our teeth. But still in the last 10 minutes we had more and the better chances.

It's one of the things that impresses me about Arteta. We're constantly improving, constantly rectifying weak areas.

Now get in some additional creativity to dominate lower table sides and we got this.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We didn't have to grind it out this time though. There was one spell, immediately after their goal when we had to grit our teeth. But still in the last 10 minutes we had more and the better chances.

It's one of the things that impresses me about Arteta. We're constantly improving, constantly rectifying weak areas.

Now get in some additional creativity to dominate lower table sides and we got this.
In the last 10 minutes we bossed them in a way that perhaps only City have done at times domestically in the past two seasons.

Incredibly, we looked physically in better shape than they did.

Manberg

Predator
We looked well on top until the 60th minute or so when we tired, then we had a 15 minute spell of relentless Liverpool pressure and they scored, then Arteta made subs and I thought we looked comfortable after that.

Liverpool dominate the stats but we had better chances.

Gegen Pressing

Brace yourselves... Messi is coming.

I know you can take a joke so this is how it's really going to go down. Pep is going to splash 100M+ on Messi- his vanity project. Messi being way over his prime he will get baptised in England kicked left and right and soon be injured . Pep will be left with nothing but huge salary bills and nothing to show for apart from Pep Out banners .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lmfao why would you think I based it off one game.. Liverpool haven’t looked the same since restart, even their own fans are commenting on it.. Will they be able to refocus for the new season, we’ll see..
Not just since the restart. Liverpool have been crap for majority of the year.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm loving the fact that we have now played quite a few games where the opposition have had the majority of possession, yet we've never really looked in danger of being overwhelmed. In attack we are creating chances when we get the ball, and every single player looks focused with or without the ball. All of this is credit to Arteta, I knew he would have learned a lot from Pep but its clear he is his own man and knows exactly what he wants his team to do. Exciting times ahead!

Manberg

Predator
I'm loving the fact that we have now played quite a few games where the opposition have had the majority of possession, yet we've never really looked in danger of being overwhelmed. In attack we are creating chances when we get the ball, and every single player looks focused with or without the ball. All of this is credit to Arteta, I knew he would have learned a lot from Pep but its clear he is his own man and knows exactly what he wants his team to do. Exciting times ahead!

I agree. I’m just anticipating the moments we may struggle to break down a parked Burnley (for example) bus and everyone will be like **** Arteta for not playing Özil, forgetting that we often struggled to break down parked buses even with Özil, Alexis and Cazorla in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom