• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree. I’m just anticipating the moments we may struggle to break down a parked Burnley (for example) bus and everyone will be like **** Arteta for not playing Özil, forgetting that we often struggled to break down parked buses even with Özil, Alexis and Cazorla in the team.

I guess its always difficult if the opposition is well organised. Take the FA Cup semi final where City couldn't break us down. Hopefully Willian will help, also Saka we've seen has an eye for a killer pass. I dont mind the odd draw against teams like Burnley, what I dont want to see again is us losing games to teams like Burnley!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lmfao why would you think I based it off one game.. Liverpool haven’t looked the same since restart, even their own fans are commenting on it.. Will they be able to refocus for the new season, we’ll see..

Yup if you saw the look on Klopps face at the end of the game. He was fuming. They finally won a PL title after 30 years , will be very hard for them to reach peak intensity for a few months.

Ewarwoowar

Did you watch the match? Liverpool were dominant for sure but our defence were up to it. Look at the stats.
Not sure what you mean, yes they dominated possession, esp when the onus was on them, we were the more profligate shading them on the best chances because our youth are needing to get their eye in, we should have out scored them in the 90 and in better style, their goal was chaotic with a touch of fortune, the last few minutes they were on the ropes. It did not feel like a grind to me, any hoo even if it was a grind, half the matches pool played last season they had to grind, pool can and do play ugly too!

ArtetaOut

Not sure what you mean, yes they dominated possession, esp when the onus was on them, we were the more profligate shading them on the best chances because our youth are needing to get their eye in, we should have out scored them in the 90 and in better style, their goal was chaotic with a touch of fortune, the last few minutes they were on the ropes. It did not feel like a grind to me, any hoo even if it was a grind, half the matches pool played last season they had to grind, pool can and do play ugly too!

They had twice the number of our shots too, and the action zone was mostly on our half.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Looks like Ryan’s had a few to many BREWsters lol!
Jesus Christ
@Trilly we have to put maitland niles in the sauce squad
He’s already in bruh, rumours are he started it even
giphy.gif
Say what you want about the guy but he’s got some elite celebrations.
I swear to god if we sell AMN this summer I'll stop watching Arsenal
No you won’t. :p

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I guess its always difficult if the opposition is well organised. Take the FA Cup semi final where City couldn't break us down. Hopefully Willian will help, also Saka we've seen has an eye for a killer pass. I dont mind the odd draw against teams like Burnley, what I dont want to see again is us losing games to teams like Burnley!
To break down weaker teams you need variety. Need to get more goals from dead-balls, they're always going to give away free-kicks and corners defending deep. Above all, press high-up and force mistakes. However disciplined a team you cannot legislate for individual errors, they will happen in every game.

Don't be afraid to shoot from distance but make sure there are players going in for spills. Crowd the penalty area, deflections can be lethal and the more of a melee the likelier you will get a penalty through a trip or a handball.

To go back : VARIETY!!!! Don't simply play the ball around the outside of the penalty area waiting for a chance. That was the worst part of Wengerball. Make it happen!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Coming from a gooner as well... He’s right though, because the normal response from them on any other occasion would obviously be to fill balloons with their piss and sh1t and hurl them at our players. They probably didn’t stop off on the way home and stomp some rough sleepers to death in frustration either. So classy ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom