• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not trying to have a go at Arsenal. But what Arsenal did back then was aiming for top 4 in almost every years pretty much almost for a decade. It shows no progress at all as a team that supposed to be "big club".

United finished top 4 in 19/20 is just a sign of progress from new manager Ole. When a team is making progress from the previous season then it's positive thing.

Man United are aiming for top 4 every season too though, you’re deluded if you think they’re aiming for a title lol. But United fans seem to think it’s still the 2000s.

Gegen Pressing

Ed Woodward "We tried giving away season tickets because they're empty anyway, but now they want free Sky Sports on top !"

Glazers "Good news we are buying out A.O.Mykonos FC now negotiating police chiefs want 51% of shares complimentary"

Boris:" we offered Greece off quarantine blacklist so there is no way back there . Done"

SAF: "Harry just offered his sister+cash and apologies on his knees the little ungrateful *@$#!"

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Man United are aiming for top 4 every season too though, you’re deluded if you think they’re aiming for a title lol. But United fans seem to think it’s still the 2000s.

You are missing the point again.

Arsenal back then was already in the situation where they could secure top 4 comfortably for decade. But instead of improving the squad to the level of challenging the league, you chose not to and happy with the way how the club is going because your project was stay in top 4.

It's similar to Sp**s when they used to have prime Rose, Aldeweireld, Vertonghen, Walker/Trippier, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Alli & Son. A squad that can achieve top 4 comfortably but Sp**s chose not to improve their squad because they were happy with just staying in top 4.

United aimed for top 4 every season because we went backward and that's why we sacked our managers.

17/18 we got top 4, 18/19 we went outside top 4 means going backward aka no progress. 19/20 we achieved top 4 means it's better than previous season. In 20/21, I expect United minimum to secure top 4 spot comfortably to view it as progress.

My point is going forward step by step.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thing is I think they are aiming for a title, just not immediately. You don’t drop 100M on Sancho to aim for top four.

One of my friends who supports united agreed with you though.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I think so too, the mentality changed around 2005 after the Glazer takeover. The last remnants of that team was strong enough to progress to win a Champions League in 2007 (Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio, Scholes, Giggs, Rio, Neville Van der Sar) and to achieve a fantastic streak of titles. However we were like a Ferrari that was slowly breaking down.

We went from a super-club to just a club from 2010's. A super-club at that point would have invested in the likes of Silva/Aguero/Sneijder/Kaka etc.

In the 2010's we were carried by Ferguson, Rooney and some strong mentalities of players who were on the verge of retiring. Since Sir Alex left the club is happy to settle for 4th to get the revenue associated with the Champions league. That's how it's been post Sir Alex.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Arsenal back then was already in the situation where they could secure top 4 comfortably for decade. But instead of improving the squad to the level of challenging the league, you chose not to and happy with the way how the club is going because your project was stay in top 4.

It's similar to Sp**s when they used to have prime Rose, Aldeweireld, Vertonghen, Walker/Trippier, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Alli & Son. A squad that can achieve top 4 comfortably but Sp**s chose not to improve their squad because they were happy with just staying in top 4.

United aimed for top 4 every season because we went backward and that's why we sacked our managers.

17/18 we got top 4, 18/19 we went outside top 4 means going backward aka no progress. 19/20 we achieved top 4 means it's better than previous season. In 20/21, I expect United minimum to secure top 4 spot comfortably to view it as progress.

My point is going forward step by step.

Man Utd goal every season is to finish top 4 and making the Champions League first. Man Utd fans celebrate top 4 now, that’s the level. It’s deluded to think they’re aiming to win the league every season.

Thing is I think they are aiming for a title, just not immediately. You don’t drop 100M on Sancho to aim for top four.

One of my friends who supports united agreed with you though.

They’re dropping 100 mil on Sancho for commercial reasons not football. That’s their transfer policy to buy big names for big money, how has that worked for them?

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Man Utd goal every season is to finish top 4 and making the Champions League first. Man Utd fans celebrate top 4 now, that’s the level. It’s deluded to think they’re aiming to win the league every season.

Where did I say we are aiming to win the league every season now?

There is a thing called a project. Our project was to win the major trophies. You don't complete a project within a single season. You do it within time & investment. All of these require step by step.

Our goal right now is to make progress & improvement each season so we can achieve the project.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Totally wrong though, we were paying off our stadium debt by working with small budgets, selling players, signing young guys and developing them etc, and still getting top 4 and even making the last 16 of CL.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Totally wrong though, we were paying off our stadium debt by working with small budgets, selling players, signing young guys and developing them etc, and still getting top 4 and even making the last 16 of CL.

Your aim was just top 4 at that time and you achieved them. The board was happy.

Our aim wasn't just top 4 in the long term, and everytime manager failed to make progress, they were sacked.

Moah

Your aim was just top 4 at that time and you achieved them. The board was happy.

Our aim wasn't just top 4 in the long term, and everytime manager failed to make progress, they were sacked.
You didn't sack managers because they couldn't win the title, they were sacked for leading the club to a downward spiral.

There has never been any consistency at United to aim for the title, or even for top 4. Every season is a wildcard, it could be 2nd or 6th no one could tell what it would be, and no one is surprised when the outcome appears to either of the them.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This might be the first time I see you say positive things about Arsenal, and even defending it against other clubs.

Mostly seen you drool over other clubs and criticize Arsenal. I'm amazed and speechless, great stuff!

GDeep™

League is very weak
This might be the first time I see you say positive things about Arsenal, and even defending it against other clubs.

Mostly seen you drool over other clubs and criticize Arsenal. I'm amazed and speechless, great stuff!
Would you believe I got banned from the main forum once because I was too positive? I’m one of the most positive people on here.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Didn’t the Greek court convict him, or am I missing something?

Must also say I find it amusing that posters opine on the Greek legal system with what I assume is almost zero knowledge of it or other systems for that matter.

Greek court basically just making decision by listening to polices that provide zero evidence and ignoring the other side. Pretty much you are guilty until proven innocent.

Maguire & his team is given chance to appeal now since they never allowed to provide evidence to defend Maguire.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Greek court basically just making decision by listening to polices that provide zero evidence and ignoring the other side. Pretty much you are guilty until proven innocent.

Maguire & his team is given chance to appeal now since they never allowed to provide evidence to defend Maguire.
Please feel free to have views on the court proceedings and the Greek legal system. Fact remains though that Maguire is a convicted criminal for now.

Top Bottom