• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical: What is a rule you'd add or modify in the game?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I would love to see Wenger's idea of eliminating throw-ins and just allowing players to kick the ball back into play come to reality.
I thought Wenger was trying too hard there tbh. I think making it a virtual free kick is a bit awkward. I'd prefer to see it changed to any kind of throw and not from behind the head only nonsense.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Yellow card for advancing with the ball while taking a throw in..... Too many players steal like 20 yards while taking them

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I thought Wenger was trying too hard there tbh. I think making it a virtual free kick is a bit awkward. I'd prefer to see it changed to any kind of throw and not from behind the head only nonsense.

Trying too hard :lol:

FOH mate :lol: :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would remove home and away ties and keep them as one off knockout games in Europe or as minimum abolish the away goal rule, a goal is a goal it should never count as two.

The excitement of one off games is something that has been missed in my opinion.
100% this.

Proof is in the pudding too, the KO games this year were all quite exciting.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Where you cannot cross towards the oppo box then?

Otherwise you'd have corner kicks all the time, and CB's coming up, etc.

Time consuming.
Yeah I think that's what Wenger wanted, not necessarily to make everything into a set piece. A bit like when players get up from a foul and take a quick free kick to a nearby teammate.

sdotzdot

Established Member
This will never happen but I just want accountability.

Issue that extends further than football to pretty much every big institution in life as the ones with the power are always held the least accountable. But I am sick and tired of incompetent decisions by referees that can effect the entire outcome of a season for a club have no consequences.

Nothing ever happens. Everyone just brushes past it because they know nothing will happen. The worst ones are actually rewarded the most and if (very rare) it tracts media attention they get demoted for a few games, big ****ing deal.

I am curious how a futsal-style pitch boundary would work in proper football, eliminating going out of bounds entirely and adding a new dimension of passing. I wish there was a league that played games with experimental/exotic rule sets.

I know a lot of fans dislike the globalization of football, but I think it would be a treat for foreign fans if there were more tournaments like the Asia Trophy for other continents instead of the tour consisting of playing local teams.

This one is kind of dumb but I would be curious to see how things would go if a SPL got promoted to the EPL if they won their league. It would definitely add parity to the SPL. Cardiff City used to be in the premier league after all.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yeah I think that's what Wenger wanted, not necessarily to make everything into a set piece. A bit like when players get up from a foul and take a quick free kick to a nearby teammate.
Sounds like you'd need a new rule to enforce that, such as the ball needing to remain on the ground for the pass inbound.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
In the game, if anyone but the player involved in the incident or the captain rushes to the ref they get a yellow.

Manberg

Predator
More like changes I want to see in the game rather than rule changes:
  1. An appeal system that can be used on any possible incident to be analysed by technology
  2. More diverse referees (more women and BAME people).
  3. Anti homophobia campaigns. Gay premier league footballers should be brave and come out, progress is needed on this issue.
  4. Behind the scenes reality tv so that fans can see what goes on at their club, every day, with no censoring, filtering or editing.
  5. All pitches should be the same size.
  6. Minimum and maximum wage caps

Anti homophobia campaigns. Gay premier league footballers should be brave and come out, progress is needed on this issue.
This would not go over well with how much money comes from places where homosexuality is illegal. People have already commented on how they're wearing rainbow laces yet they're playing in Qatar for example.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
100% this.

Proof is in the pudding too, the KO games this year were all quite exciting.

Unfortunately it will never happen, the clubs/TV people/UEFA all want that money/viewers/sponsors the two legs bring, their happy watering the game down for extra income.

Top Bottom