• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sykesy69

If we manage to offload Kolasinac, Bellerin and Torreira for the rumoured ~£65m as well as offloading all those wages including the likes of Sokratis, then not buying two CMs would just be plainly unambitious.

We add 30m to that and we can sign the likes of Partey and Aouar which would make us automatic top4 contenders.
I've rated Aouar since he came off the bench in the Emirates Cup and run us ragged, but I can't ignore those defensive numbers coupled to what I've seen of him recently (focusing on his lack of defensive contribution). If those are the players we're losing to fund the rebuild, does it make sense in spending it all on Partey + Aoaur, or would it be wiser spending on Partey, knowing you aren't shifting Özil more of a squad/rotational player for the future Buendia and a replacement squadie LB like Jamal Lewis (bit of a Norwich raid I know).

We've seen Buendia can post the level of numbers we're lacking, proven in the PL. It is a 3yr rebuild after all, if we're saying Partey + Aoaur is a Top4 fighting squad, then surely Partey + Bunedia isn't far off either.

If that squad makes CL next year, with Özil off the wage list we can pick off whoever the latest flavour of the season is in that position. And even if we don't make CL we most likely still have a good player, but one who isn't straining the wage bill as much as Aoaur probably would.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think people underestimate Aouar defensively. He had a good partnership with Ndombele in a double pivot and we all know how lazy Ndombele can be. I like Buendia but I think he was horrible off the ball, tbh the whole Norwich side were terrible when it came to off the ball work.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think people underestimate Aouar defensively. He had a good partnership with Ndombele in a double pivot and we all know how lazy Ndombele can be. I like Buendia but I think he was horrible off the ball, tbh the whole Norwich side were terrible when it came to off the ball work.
I think that's more down to coaching, we've seen the difference in AFC since Arteta joined. He does work hard and put in tackles, he averaged the 22nd highest in the premiership per 90, which isnt bad for a player that was used more like an inside forward last season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I've rated Aouar since he came off the bench in the Emirates Cup and run us ragged, but I can't ignore those defensive numbers coupled to what I've seen of him recently (focusing on his lack of defensive contribution). If those are the players we're losing to fund the rebuild, does it make sense in spending it all on Partey + Aoaur, or would it be wiser spending on Partey, knowing you aren't shifting Özil more of a squad/rotational player for the future Buendia and a replacement squadie LB like Jamal Lewis (bit of a Norwich raid I know).

We've seen Buendia can post the level of numbers we're lacking, proven in the PL. It is a 3yr rebuild after all, if we're saying Partey + Aoaur is a Top4 fighting squad, then surely Partey + Bunedia isn't far off either.

If that squad makes CL next year, with Özil off the wage list we can pick off whoever the latest flavour of the season is in that position. And even if we don't make CL we most likely still have a good player, but one who isn't straining the wage bill as much as Aoaur probably would.
Aouar would probably be around the 100k mark, maybe less. In terms of his defensive contribution numbers I really don't mind, I know Arteta has created an environment where all the players to what is asked for them. Pepe started working harder, so did Özil, AMN and Ceballos started concentrating more and listening to his instructions and improved as players. If we were to sign Partey he would do a great job covering for an attack minded midfielder.

It wouldnt be the end of the world if we lets say signed Partey, Lewis and Buendia instead of just Partey and Aouar. The thing is though, Houssem Aouar is a Rolls Royce signing considering his potential, while Buendia would be more of a BMW signing :lol:. I'm all for quality over quantity these days, not that Buendia is bad or anything.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I still think we’re signing Grealish, getting last summer vibes where the club fed Ornstein about Zaha being the priority before pulling the uno reverse with Pepe.

I think it’s been quiet around Jack apart from some initial interest. I have a feeling.

Just a feeling or actual info lol?

Would help with our HG quota considering so many are leaving.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I still think we’re signing Grealish, getting last summer vibes where the club fed Ornstein about Zaha being the priority before pulling the uno reverse with Pepe.

I think it’s been quiet around Jack apart from some initial interest. I have a feeling.

Have we been linked to Grealish at all this window? If so do you have the links.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Would Villa sell though?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think you could probably do a nice deal for Grealish.

Chambers permanent, Nelson on loan and 50M.

Thing is with Grealish he would hit the ground running straight away. But at the same time he's very Willian esque. We need a central player.

Jack_The_Lad

I really think selling Bellerin will hurt us.. We need to be shifting Guendouzi on instead. Hector is a role model, decent player, will improve this season, homegrown etc. You people seem way too happy to sell him.

I love hector and think he's criminally underrated on here but I'd reluctantly let him leave if it means we can strengthen in other areas i.e. midfield. Also, no need to buy a replacement this season.

sykesy69

Aouar would probably be around the 100k mark, maybe less. In terms of his defensive contribution numbers I really don't mind, I know Arteta has created an environment where all the players to what is asked for them. Pepe started working harder, so did Özil, AMN and Ceballos started concentrating more and listening to his instructions and improved as players. If we were to sign Partey he would do a great job covering for an attack minded midfielder.

It wouldnt be the end of the world if we lets say signed Partey, Lewis and Buendia instead of just Partey and Aouar. The thing is though, Houssem Aouar is a Rolls Royce signing considering his potential, while Buendia would be more of a BMW signing :lol:. I'm all for quality over quantity these days, not that Buendia is bad or anything.
I kinda hear what you're saying, but if you ain't making tackles/interceptions at 22, then I'm not too sure much will change going forward. As a kid you learn these traits, some people are brave, some are afraid. Aouar and Özil seem like they were born into the latter.

With all these imminent transfers out, seems like exciting times for once at Arsenal though soI'm optimistic either way.

Not gonna lie, think I'd prefer a BMW M8 over a RR Phantom... :cool:

Finesse

I kinda hear what you're saying, but if you ain't making tackles/interceptions at 22, then I'm not too sure much will change going forward. As a kid you learn these traits, some people are brave, some are afraid. Aouar and Özil seem like they were born into the latter.

With all these imminent transfers out, seems like exciting times for once at Arsenal though soI'm optimistic either way.

Not gonna lie, think I'd prefer a BMW M8 over a RR Phantom... :cool:

Same here. I would settle for Buendia or Benrahma. Technically they are as good Aouar but have the additional grit in their game. Plus lower fees. Got the fight in them and would settle right away. Most importantly they come with no fanfare and have a point to prove.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There it is.
Superficiality yes. Mari is a back up to the back up and we have back ups worth more than he is. And they have had better chances to impress. Mari may be worse, better or equal to others as it stands we dont no.

There is a big lesson from successful clubs for refreshing the back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom