• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I keep wondering - and it wouldn't surprise me if we sign both - that if Partey and Aouar come, then Partey might end up at RB a bit like what Pep did at Man City. He sits there in defence, but is an extra midfielder that moves up in attack. Fairly sure Partey has played a little RB before, and makes some sense if we're accepting bids for Bellerin. That approach would also allow Willian to fit.

No way are we buying exactly what we've been lacking for years in midfield any putting him RB for any portion of the game

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Willian signed because of depth we not have much quality in width areas also add bit of creativity.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Where does s Willian fit in???

No way we are signing both Aouar and Partey.
I imagine it would be a fluid front two with Aubameyang and another probably starting wide and drifting in wards. Just a thought and well that essentially we end up with no out and out striker depending on who starts. If its Nketiah or Lacazette they start centrally if its Saka, Pepe or Willian they stay wide and drift in.

I trust Arteta and think we will see a lot of variation this season. 343, 433 and 442

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So how many do we think are coming 1 or 2?

Probably 1. I’m leaning towards them going after Aouar at the minute, just because Ceballos and Xhaka did well as a pairing so you can keep them together and put Aouar in front.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Probably 1. I’m leaning towards them going after Aouar at the minute, just because Ceballos and Xhaka did well as a pairing so you can keep them together and put Aouar in front.

I'm not sure that midfield would really work.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why not? It's pretty perfectly balanced in terms of profiles, tho ideally you'd want Partey ahead of Ceballos as he's a better ball carrier and also better in terms of physical attributes and defensive astuteness.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I predict 2 depends on Torreira Guendouzi and Elneny if they gone. Torreira seem very likely he is going Guendouzi too so we'll be short in midfield.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Why not? It's pretty perfectly balanced in terms of profiles, tho ideally you'd want Partey ahead of Ceballos as he's a better ball carrier and also better in terms of physical attributes and defensive astuteness.

Pretty slow, pretty weak, not good defensively.

Tir Na Nog

Pretty slow, pretty weak, not good defensively.

Xhaka-Ceballos has shown itself to be fairly capable in terms of protecting the back line. I think ideally Partey would come in and boost the midfield in terms of those aspects but I think Xhaka, Ceballos and Aouar is more than capable of firing us to top 4. You look at the midfields Chelsea and United had last season and I don't think it's worse than those midfields defensively. And I don't think the likes of Havertz or VDB exactly improve that aspect either.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I’m not sure anymore. I was looking at the top 6 and they’re tending to move away from the more athletic/physical midfielders. City don’t really play with one, Chelsea have often used Jorginho and Kovacic together, Keita has been **** for Liverpool as has Ndombele for Sp**s. It’s only really Pogba who’s doing it at one of the top 6.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Guess when you look at Arteta's comments he mentioned strong physical players with pace and technical quality which Partey fits into. I just think he'd take our midfield up a notch compared to Aouar, isn't he just so similar to Ceballos?

I think a Ceballos, Partey and Aouar midfield works, depending on if Arteta thinks one can take Xhaka's role.

@field442 @Tir Na Nog

blrgooner

Established Member
Its actually very funny how people want to imagine one lineup/formation which will work for all games. I think we definitely need physicality and ball carrying ability in the midfield. We also need technical ability up front. For an Away game against Man City/Liverpool, we might continue to play a 3 4 3. This formation helps us when the opposition wants to press us high and we try to evade the press and find space behind the opposition defense.
One problem with this is that many of our opponenents might just prepare for this by not pressing us high. Sp**s used this method last season and we couldn`t create anything against them in the second half while we were dominating the ball. In this scenario we have a clear lack of technical ability up front. We rely on players like Auba and Pepe for ball progression as well as finishing which is not practical. Willian and Aouar can transform us from this perspective IMO.

Tir Na Nog

Guess when you look at Arteta's comments he mentioned strong physical players with pace and technical quality which Partey fits into. I just think he'd take our midfield up a notch compared to Aouar, isn't he just so similar to Ceballos?

I think a Ceballos, Partey and Aouar midfield works, depending on if Arteta thinks one can take Xhaka's role.

@field442 @Tir Na Nog

Well Ceballos has been playing quite deep under Arteta while Aouar is usually a player who excels playing between the lines and being the guy who plays the final pass. Tho Aouar is equally capable of coming deep and dictating play too. He can be a 10 or an 8, heck he could probably be a 6 if you wanted him to be. Ceballos under Arteta is more the guy who carries the ball from deep into the attacking areas. I think Aouar is the profile we lack, especially with Özil not being the player he once was it's essentially we add more creativity to the midfield. I look at our performance vs Villa when they played such a deep block and we looked incapable of breaking them down properly. I think Aouar is someone more capable of helping us win those types of games. At the moment we're excelling in games where we don't have to be the aggressors in terms of always having the ball.

Tir Na Nog

Like in fairness we absolutely need both, or at least both types in terms of profile and calibre if we're ever to be serious contenders again. Just signing one of them only gets us so far.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Well Ceballos has been playing quite deep under Arteta while Aouar is usually a player who excels playing between the lines and being the guy who plays the final pass.[/B] Tho Aouar is equally capable of coming deep and dictating play too. He can be a 10 or an 8, heck he could probably be a 6 if you wanted him to be. Ceballos under Arteta is more the guy who carries the ball from deep into the attacking areas. I think Aouar is the profile we lack, especially with Özil not being the player he once was it's essentially we add more creativity to the midfield. I look at our performance vs Villa when they played such a deep block and we looked incapable of breaking them down properly. I think Aouar is someone more capable of helping us win those types of games. At the moment we're excelling in games where we don't have to be the aggressors in terms of always having the ball.

Well I was under the impression Aouar was more of a centre mid than a creative player. I'm not sure anymore, only thing I am sure about it getting both fixes every need. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Well I was under the impression Aouar was more of a centre mid than a creative player. I'm not sure anymore, only thing I am sure about it getting both fixes every need. :lol:

He's capable of both, he can be the dictator and the final third player. I'd say he's kinda similar to Cesc although I don't really like making such comparisons because I'm sure someone will point out how they're different. We played Cesc as a 10 because he's capable of playing there whereas at Barca and Chelsea he played slightly deeper (tho at Barca he also played false 9 weirdly enough). As opposed to someone like Özil that you can nail him down to being a pure 10. Even if Aouar is our most advanced midfielder for example, he's not gonna just stay in the 10 space the whole time he will drop deep and collect the ball if needs be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom