• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wonderful player, backed him up from the start. He'll only get better under Arteta which is a shame as I think he'll eventually get his chance at Real.

After Modric is gone, they have these good aged midfielders: Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco, Ödegaard.

We just have to hope they want some galactico or that Ceballos is a stubborn bastard who has swore he will never play for Zidane and that's it (which both are actually somewhat likely).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'm sure Ceballos can play a bit further up/become more of a creator?

Not to be blasphemous but I'm wondering if we could utilise him that way instead of getting Aouar (sorry) as he'd be cheaper too and then just get Partery or a Partery like player (if we can't get him).

drippin

I'm sure Ceballos can play a bit further up/become more of a creator?

Not to be blasphemous but I'm wondering if we could utilise him that way instead of getting Aouar (sorry) as he'd be cheaper too and then just get Partery or a Partery like player (if we can't get him).

We will get Partey or Aouar. Not too hopeful of both knowing Arsenal, but can happen. It's up to Arteta to know which one if it comes to that.

Özil is training so maybe he can give us something this season. ESR is there too.

Ceballos can do that role, but rather not.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We will get Partey or Aouar. Not too hopeful of both knowing Arsenal, but can happen. It's up to Arteta to know which one if it comes to that.

Özil is training so maybe he can give us something this season. ESR is there too.

Ceballos can do that role, but rather not.

Yeah I'm tending to think it's one or the other, which isn't too bad tbh, as Ceballos + Partey/Aouar would be good going into the season.

And interesting I thought he could. I know his creative numbers weren't great last season but I thought it was more to do with the role he was being asked to play.

A great example is Santi, when he first came he was our de facto CAM and got something like 12 goals and 12 assists in the league alone in his first season (pretty insane numbers looking back), but once asked to play further back (when Özil came in) his numbers plummeted (ofc probably age and injury played a part too).

That said you said rather not in regards to a creative role, do you think he wouldn't be suitable enough.

Lastly I would love to see ESR given a couple of opportunities there, he seems like a modern creative player, tenacious, does run but also quite skillful.

drippin

Yeah I'm tending to think it's one or the other, which isn't too bad tbh, as Ceballos + Partey/Aouar would be good going into the season.

And interesting I thought he could. I know his creative numbers weren't great last season but I thought it was more to do with the role he was being asked to play.

A great example is Santi, when he first came he was our de facto CAM and got something like 12 goals and 12 assists in the league alone in his first season (pretty insane numbers looking back), but once asked to play further back (when Özil came in) his numbers plummeted (ofc probably age and injury played a part too).

That said you said rather not in regards to a creative role, do you think he wouldn't be suitable enough.

Lastly I would love to see ESR given a couple of opportunities there, he seems like a modern creative player, tenacious, does run but also quite skillful.

I would want some more speed from the more attacking role. Ceballos has maybe some acceleration, but not so much speed. Willian maybe.

ESR or Aouar would bring that. Özil is just very good otherwise when on form so doesn't matter (not expecting him to make a comeback).

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This guy played against Villa?

:lol::lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

EhKsTxZWsAAVrhB

Aevi

Hale End FC
Makes sense, he's been with the team before and you'd want to get him back in the groove before the opener next week.

Apparently we lost 2-3 though :lol:

drippin

Makes sense, he's been with the team before and you'd want to get him back in the groove before the opener next week.

Apparently we lost 2-3 though :lol:

What about quarantine? Has he been self-isolating or what?

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Welcome back, Dani! I’m satisfied with his return. He seems to be fitting in with the squad-always picking up his mates, first guy to celebrate other guys’ goals. He’s shown us a winning, team-oriented attitude. I expect him to have an excellent season.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I’m glad he’s back. I’d like to see how he can grow into our squad. He’s got it in him to be an exciting player. We still need another reinforcement in midfield this window.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That time where he almost ended his loan early and how indifferent I was to it feels like another lifetime now.

Glad he’s back anyways, he’s an exciting prospect in my opinion.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Really excited at him being back, he's been our best player after auba since the restart, stats also back it up. Considering how much he's improved under arteta I think he has a couple of more levels in him.

Him, Partey and Aouar looks like a very tasty midfield.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I thought he was man of the match in the cup final, just worked his nuts off and controls the game so well. Great passer as well.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom