• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: Purple Patch Evaluation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I wasn't trying to do anything tbh, just posting that interview so the Emi Hive wouldn't miss it.

P.S. didn't have you down as an atomic kitten fan

Lmao nah I thought of a better song to do :rofl: do love some atomic kitten tho.

Emi is gonna be our number one though you'll have to accept it, even when you see us make excuses next time he punches it in goal.

Reactions: A_G

BigPoppaPump

118659828_10158384170542713_2997571988755368476_o.jpg

Look at him ffs. :drool:

Look at Emi man, so inspirational.

Iceman10

Established Member
On current form I would actually say Emi has potential in seeing off Leno (sale down the line?), but it really does depend on sustained form. What makes him potentially better is his dominance vs. crosses into the box.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I need to see Martinez for longer.
I also need to see what a Leno with a motivated defence infront of him looks like because he was on his own for much of last season.

If Martinez does stay I hope they improve his terms and have the pair of them battle it out. With Europa league you honestly need 2 keepers anyways.

BigPoppaPump

I need to see Martinez for longer.
I also need to see what a Leno with a motivated defence infront of him looks like because he was on his own for much of last season.

If Martinez does stay I hope they improve his terms and have the pair of them battle it out. With Europa league you honestly need 2 keepers anyways.

You don't need to rest keepers.

9jagooner

We should keep Martinez and he should be no2 (maybe CUP games goalkeeper).

Let's not quickly forget that Leno was in goal for most of the period when we had a disorganised defence and faced multiple attempts at goal saving many of them.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Let's not quickly forget that Leno was in goal for most of the period when we had a disorganised defence and faced multiple attempts at goal saving many of them.
Do you not think that maybe Martinez helped organize the defense?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

We also mustn't forget that Martinez was possibly the best keeper in the PL in July. He has clearly outperformed Leno and its not just a handful of games, its enough games to see he's the better keeper. I'm convinced he'll start vs Fulham.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We also mustn't forget that Martinez was possibly the best keeper in the PL in July. He has clearly outperformed Leno and its not just a handful of games, its enough games to see he's the better keeper. I'm convinced he'll start vs Fulham.

It's the problem of ~300 top league level games vs ~20 top level league games.

Sure he was even better than Leno (who was great too), but can he keep that level up, or after mistakes, or with audience in stadiums etc.

It's the reason for the title, no one knows yet.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's the problem of ~300 top league level games vs ~20 top level league games.

Sure he was even better than Leno (who was great too), but can he keep that level up, or after mistakes, or with audience in stadiums etc.

It's the reason for the title, no one knows yet.

Its different with a keeper. A player can have a purple patch, I don't believe its the same with a keeper. This run is the first time Martinez has played PL knowing that he'll be playing the following PL game. How can you motivate a player when they know they're just the stand in ie he plays a cup game and no matter how well he does, Leno is back for next PL game. This time for Martinez its completely different and we are seeing a different Martinez because of that. This is my theory and I'm sure he'll be our No1 this season. We'll know in a weeks time!

drippin

Its different with a keeper. A player can have a purple patch, I don't believe its the same with a keeper. This run is the first time Martinez has played PL knowing that he'll be playing the following PL game. How can you motivate a player when they know they're just the stand in ie he plays a cup game and no matter how well he does, Leno is back for next PL game. This time for Martinez its completely different and we are seeing a different Martinez because of that. This is my theory and I'm sure he'll be our No1 this season. We'll know in a weeks time!

Yeah, well I hope he signs a new contract, 2 years running now.

Of course we have seen the dips even De Gea has had, so experience is not a sure thing with keepers. But they can have those purple patches too.

The problem still is that he hasn't had a full season at top level. It's why he was rumoured to go for £10 million.

9jagooner

Well Leno is currently on international duty and maybe won't be back till Tuesday or Wednesday. If Martinez starts on Saturday, that will be the key reason.
I still think Leno will be our EPL goalkeeper. At least for now.

Whichever ways, it's a good but difficult problem for Arteta to have. I'm sure he has discussed with both goalkeepers and they know what's expected of them.

drippin

Well Leno is currently on international duty and maybe won't be back till Tuesday or Wednesday. If Martinez starts on Saturday, that will be the key reason.
I still think Leno will be our EPL goalkeeper. At least for now.

Whichever ways, it's a good but difficult problem for Arteta to have. I'm sure he has discussed with both goalkeepers and they know what's expected of them.

Yeah, and even if Martinez doesn't make a new contract, I think if he gets enough games and performs, his value won't drop much even with 1 year in contract.

We need two good goalkeepers, so it was nice surprise with Emi that he can perform so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom