• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It isn't just Partey's size, his work rate, strength, size and athleticism all go into one. He is a champions league level ball carrying, ball winning box to box central midfielder. A true beast.

Buendia is currently a small playmaker for a relegated side. The difference is stark. We are trying to balance out our team and specifically our midfield. Arteta has said he wants physical dominance and presence, hence why we are after Partey and Aouar. Buendia would be a good backup for Aouar mind you.
I understand that and I agree with you on both players. Partey is a beast, would love to have him in the squad.

I was working with the assumption that we couldn't get both if we sign a star attacker as well. I would be bummed out more if we missed out on Aouar (who will have a lot of suitors next year I reckon) than if we miss out on Partey. For Partey we could get Zakaria/Laimer/Sangare next year, but I see no other creative cm who could be available (assuming Ødegaard becomes a feature at RM).

It's a trade-off but in that scenario I'd rather rely on the added physicality of Gabriel, Saliba and AMN (as a starter this season) for a year. Already a big improvement without signing a new midfielder.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

keeper
AMN Saliba gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
Aouar
Willian Edouard Aubameyang

looks sexy.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I get where you're coming from and I respect the opinion, but I think you're overestimating Party's size compared to Buendia.

Obviously, the difference between the two is stark, but they both offer similar things as well. Both are very good at progressive runs, Buendia actually also has quite a high amount of tackles, both have a good passing range. Partey offers more 'steel', but Buendia offers more chances created on the other end of the pitch.

Ceballos showed more defensive prowess at the end of the season and with AMN, Gabriel and/or Saliba in the starting line-up I think we have enough strength in the squad, but I would also rather have a more physical DM to combine with Buendia and Aouar. Can't do everything in one window unfortunately. I think this summer is our only chance to get Aouar and I would be bummed if we miss out on him. Partey I highly rate but I could live with an alternative to him next season.

Pepe and Auba on the wings is too similar for me, which is why I would like Grealish there as a playmaker, but it could be he's priced out of the market in which case I would be very happy with the alternative.

For the bolded part, that's what Willian is for?

There's no variety in quality of the players you want to sign:

Ceballos
Willian
Aouar
Buendia
Grealish

Literally all of them offer the same thing. Nimble small playmakers, 5 goals a season types, with Ceballos as a lone DM, which is suicude.

Then you have Auba up top as the solo goalscorer, and I'l give you Pepe for the benefit of the doubt. They get injured and you have basically no goals left in the team.

Ceballos
Willian
Aouar
Partey
Edouard

Way superior in every way. Another goalscorer in Edouard, and Partey over a, let's be honest, nothing player in Buendia.

And I'm not buying the missing out alternative stuff when you're essentially paying 70M for Grealish which is almost the same price of Partey/Edoaurd alone.

Iceman10

Established Member
Offloading Bellerin and Torreira will raise around 50m upfront with upto 10m add-ons. This would be enough for the Partey release fee.

We’ve also saved 9m with mutual cancelation of Mikhi’s last year of his contract, but let’s say that helps with Auba’s new contract rather than anything else.

The main question would then be while that looks like a good window, with Willian, Gabriel, and Partey in, do we look for one more on top, maybe Aouar. The cleanest way to make that possible would be via. Douzi out, but doesn’t look like we can get good value for him this summer, probably have to settle for a loan out.

Chambers to Fulham is a possibility. 15m minimum for me, should be 20m with add-ons, because if we sold Bellerin, Chambers would still have value as a squad utility/backup player.

Not sure about the other options. Maybe we can find a way to squeeze 20m via. Sokratis/Mustafi, perhaps towards transfer deadline day. We could sell Laca for the right price, but I’m leaning against. Too much disruption to the squad in one summer, even though a gamble could be to even risk Martinelli and Nketiah as depth behind Auba for CF.

It’s all shaping up well. I was skeptical about the possibility of bringing in both Partey and Aouar. It’s not looking impossible now. In an ideal world Josh Kroenke would prove his commitment to the club by helping it along (one can only wish...).

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
For the bolded part, that's what Willian is for?

There's no variety in quality of the players you want to sign:

Ceballos
Willian
Aouar
Buendia
Grealish

Literally all of them offer the same thing. Nimble small playmakers, 5 goals a season types, with Ceballos as a lone DM, which is suicude.

Then you have Auba up top as the solo goalscorer, and I'l give you Pepe for the benefit of the doubt. They get injured and you have basically no goals left in the team.

Ceballos
Willian
Aouar
Partey
Edouard

Way superior in every way. Another goalscorer in Edouard, and Partey over a, let's be honest, nothing player in Buendia.

And I'm not buying the missing out alternative stuff when you're essentially paying 70M for Grealish which is almost the same price of Partey/Edoaurd alone.
I didn't want to sign Willian and Ceballos, but that's water under the bridge. I see Willian as a rotation option, not a starter.

Aouar will add goals and assists, Grealish will add goals and assists, Buendia most likely will provide mainly assists.

I think in a forward line of Pepe - Auba - Grealish all three will easily hit 10+ goals (Auba obviously) with that that kind of supply. Grealish scored 8 for a dismal Villa.

If Aouar provides 5 goals from midfield that's 2 more than all our midfielders this season combined. If he adds 5 assists that's as much as Guendouzi, Xhaka and Ceballos combined.

Nketiah and Martinelli can score a lot of goals with that kind of supply as bench options as well.

Ceballos is a DLP, not a creative CM. He has shown nothing last year that suggests he can contribute goals/assists/keypasses. He's a 6 or a bench option.

Buendia offers us more defensively than Xhaka, good tackler, good at pressuring. He also offers us more in transition, being able to beat pressure and make a lot of progressive runs with the ball (like Partey).

If I went full wishlist mode, I would sell Xhaka to get Partey instead of Buendia, maybe sign Sangare as a 6 to deputize for Ceballos.

MiiTek

Sell:
Mustafi 15M
sokratis 5M
Chambers 15M
Holding Loan
Torreira 25M
Douzy 25M
Elneny 8M
Total: 92M

Buy: Partey 50M or plan B (Soumare 30M or Sangare 15M)
Aouar 50M

pakgunner

I believe we must get two new midfielders. Partey is a key but his wage demands are too great (£200000) per week that's ****ing ludericous it will cause more harm than anything in the dressing room, no new player deserves that amount unless you're proven goal scorer/provider. Our main aim is to get balance without causing unrest, the best option is Soumare and Aoure both costing a total of £70m -£80m without huge wage demands. This should be our squad:
Leno/ Martinez
AMN/ Cedric
Luiz/ Saliba
Gabriel/ Mari
KT/ Cedric/ Saka
Soumare/ xhaka
Xhaka/ Ceballos/ Willock
Aoure/ Ceballos / Willian
Pepe / Saka / Willian
Laccazette/ Martinelli/ Eddie
Auba/ Saka / Martinelli
This team will grow together under the influence of the senior players to become a real force in the coming years, they will make the top 4 this season.

Burt Gold

Sell:
Mustafi 15M
sokratis 5M
Chambers 15M
Holding Loan
Torreira 25M
Douzy 25M
Elneny 8M
Total: 92M

Buy: Partey 50M or plan B (Soumare 30M or Sangare 15M)
Aouar 50M
Gotta keep some senior CBs. Bellerin for 35m would be the deal of the summer though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Out: Sokratis 4m, Chambers 15m, Kolasinac 5m, Torreria 25m, Guendouzi 25m, El Nenny 5m, Lacazette 30m. Total £109m

In: Bogle 6m and loan back, Partey 45m, Cavani free

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
------------------Martinez
----------Luiz-------------Gabriel
--Bellerin---------------------------Tierney
--------------Partey-----Ceballos
----Pepe-----------Willian-----Aubameyang
-----------------------Cavani

And we make a profit!

DSmich

------------------Martinez
----------Luiz-------------Gabriel
--Bellerin---------------------------Tierney
--------------Partey-----Ceballos
----Pepe-----------Willian-----Aubameyang
-----------------------Cavani

And we make a profit!
Cavani has not a good mental. When he doesn’t trust himself even Giroud is better than him. But when he does, he get you some goal like the one against Barça during the Remontada.

Kav

Established Member
Personally I think we would do well to get two more signings any combination of 1+2 or 1+3 of the following:

1. Douglas Costa from juventus would be a major coup for us. We can exchange him for lacazette. He will bring creativity and pace on the left of the attack. We can shift Auba in the middle if we want.
  2. Kondogbia from Valencia - an alternate to Partey but would be just as good sitting in front of the defense and playing those simple passes. Plus Valencia is having serious financial problems right now and every one of their players are potentially for sale.
  3. Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa. Good ball rentention and passing. Good tackler and shield. Only 22. They bought him last year from city for 15m could be difficult to get but we could sell them holding and loan out Nelson to them as a sweetener.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
-Auba -- Laca -- Pepe
Aouar - Xhaka - Ceballos

---Auba -- Laca -- Pepe
Ceballos - Xhaka - Partey

Which is better?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Locatelli might be one to keep an eye on. Tho does play quite deep so possibility not a priority for the immediate future with Ceballos-Xhaka here and Partey seemingly our next priority in midfield.

TriniGunner

Has anyone seen this player?

Dominik Szoboszlai

I've looked at Hungary's Nations League games and this is a good player. I think we should get him before he gets too expensive.

Burt Gold

Has anyone seen this player?

Dominik Szoboszlai

I've looked at Hungary's Nations League games and this is a good player. I think we should get him before he gets too expensive.
Certainly. The player is highly rated and there has been interest from Arsenal. He looks a real talent but seems more of an alternative to Aouar should we not be able to work out a deal for him I could see us going for Szoboszlai, though I don't see him making the same instant impact that Aouar might.

Top Bottom