• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Really? Last time I checked Nketiah was sent to Leeds with the intention of him being a starter which did not materialise and was a poor loan. Started just 2 of the 19 games he played, thus one of the reasons he was recalled early was because of the lack of development. No doubt some will still think it was a good move and a significant change of the way we loan players looooool. I wanna know how he was unable to lead the line in a championship team but he’s now leading ours often.
It's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact. And has been documented by journalists that cover arsenal numerous times that losing Gnabry changed the way they manage their loans.

That is in process of how they select the loan clubs with detailed presentations from the prospective clubs, and the increased contact people at the club (arsenal) have with loanees toonitor their welfare. Leeds made sense for Eddie in many respects. Good football, posession club that would dominate many of the teams in its division.
Bamford was preferred by Bielsa as you point out, so he was recalled at the earliest opportunity and was about to be loaned out to Bristol City until Arteta decided to keep him at the club.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Can we add a fourth option "I don't care as long as he plays"?

EDIT: I feel as though he's better as a forward or in a position like wingback with plenty of attacking input as opposed to a disciplined LB which is a waste of his attacking talents

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How this kid still hasn't been called up by ****gate is beyond me...
He doesn’t beat six players on a dribble or constantly smack it top bins, he’s not eye-catching like that.

What Southgate doesn’t realise is that his decision making + solid technical base means he’ll kind of always do well, no matter what level he plays at.

Should only be a matter of time if he keeps developing.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Well played to (#2) M. Aarons, (#6) T. Davies, (#21) C. Gallagher, (#14) T. Cantwell and (#10) Hudson-Odoi.

Hope that Saka can keep improving. He is talented. Hopefully he will be able to reach Hudson-Odoi’s/Sancho’s level one day.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have to respectfully disagree for the following reasons.
1. It was Wenger's fault to take him to useless loan spells like the WBA one.
2. I followed the kid in the U23 where I could easily see the kid would come good even with my very little football knowledge.
3. Campbell never convinced anyone and had a really low ceiling, Walcott wanted to play in the middle and was quite poor out wide on the technical side, While Ox and Iwobi prefered to be played centrally. Still, non of those players showed Gnabry's potential and some were very injury prone. The proper decision would have been to get rid of those that didn't show enough potential.

It’s easy to forget that Walcott scored 108 goals and had 78 assists for us, despite perennial injury problems. He scored a hat trick for his country at 17, and a constant menace with his runs off the ball. His problem was fitness and consistency.

Ox at 18 looked like a ready made premier league player. First touch, close control and technique. He looked spectacular in a number of games - to the extent that van Persie threw a wobbly when Wenger subbed him against Blackburn. By the age of 22 he was regular international his country, and impressing including this worldie against Brazil

To say that None of them showed the potential of Gnabry you are pulling my leg. Campbell no, but the others declined after their injury problems while Gnabry started behind and got MUCH better. I know it’s hard to accept but he needed to leave to become as good as he has.

The toxic environment in Wenger’s final years was not conducive to the development of a player like him.

Did you think, at the time, Gnabry would go on to be better than Alexis?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Average player. Could become a world-class left-back. Otherwise, I don't think he will make it here.

Bw9.gif

Who is she bro?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It’s easy to forget that Walcott scored 108 goals and had 78 assists for us, despite perennial injury problems. He scored a hat trick for his country at 17, and a constant menace with his runs off the ball. His problem was fitness and consistency.

Ox at 18 looked like a ready made premier league player. First touch, close control and technique. He looked spectacular in a number of games - to the extent that van Persie threw a wobbly when Wenger subbed him against Blackburn. By the age of 22 he was regular international his country, and impressing including this worldie against Brazil

To say that None of them showed the potential of Gnabry you are pulling my leg. Campbell no, but the others declined after their injury problems while Gnabry started behind and got MUCH better. I know it’s hard to accept but he needed to leave to become as good as he has.

The toxic environment in Wenger’s final years was not conducive to the development of a player like him.

Did you think, at the time, Gnabry would go on to be better than Alexis?
I never see walcott’s and chamberlain’s potential. Zero technical ability and zero football IQ.

After Gnabry’s loan, we had the chance to play a lot more of Gnabry instead of Podolski, walcott, chamberlain or campbell. He was amazing whenever he was given chance to play.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I’m guessing that you think Hudson-Odoi is better because he can do some beautiful sexy skills?
I was fear of watching him having the ball. He was that great.

Saka is still young. He can learn a lot from Willian and Pepe.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I never see walcott’s and chamberlain’s potential. Zero technical ability and zero football IQ.

After Gnabry’s loan, we had the chance to play a lot more of Gnabry instead of Podolski, walcott, chamberlain or campbell. He was amazing whenever he was given chance to play.

Probably why you don’t have a job in football.

Someone like Fran Merida educated at La Masia had the football IQ and technical ability but not the physical or mental qualities. Quincy was toe to toe with Messi in the world youth cup.

We’re talking about potential. It’s, by definition uncertain.

You won’t find a single pro after 16 at the highest level without technical ability and some football IQ. It’s a wide spectrum though and there are many variables that translate that into consistent impact.

First and foremost you need to be fit, healthy, and consistently in your best physical condition. Second you need the right environment to develop. Third you need the right mentality when things go against you, and a bit of luck.

Gnabry transformed himself after leaving. Congrats to him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

The thing I love about Saka is how decisive his actions are. His runs and passes are all with purpose.
Additionally, while he's not exactly a super flashy dribbler, he's an incredibly effective and consistent one. Similar to Ox in that regard in fact - Ox's dribbling never looked "pretty" but he was always our best dribbler statistically due to the sheer consistency with which he beat players (when fit).

This is interesting, because while a lot of people who kept up with Gnabry's youth exploits knew how good he could be, a lot of people were quite lukewarm based on his early games for us, where he actually played quite conservatively and safe (pretty similar to what Nelson has been doing for us pre-Liverpool goal). Wasn't till the Sp**s game that people really became believers, and he got hurt not long after that, and for a long time. He built up a bit of fitness for the U23s and then went on loan because we had a surplus of wide players including the players named. Choosing to send him to West Brom was a mistake but the idea of a loan wasn't a bad one - he was incredibly unfit and playing him ahead of the others, while it would have made marks like us happy, wasn't the best idea. So a loan wasn't a bad idea. We also didn't have plenty of chances to play Gnabry because soon after he returned from loan, where he still lacked fitness, he ended up leaving because he only had a year left on his deal.

Let's not rewrite history because we're still mad that Gnabry CHOSE to leave. Nobody was at fault here. It never worked out with any of those players mentioned but that it's still a hot topic is a little redundant.

I’m guessing that you think Hudson-Odoi is better because he can do some beautiful sexy skills?
To be fair, I'm quite a big fan of CHO aswell, but I wouldn't put him above Saka.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He doesn’t beat six players on a dribble or constantly smack it top bins, he’s not eye-catching like that.

What Southgate doesn’t realise is that his decision making + solid technical base means he’ll kind of always do well, no matter what level he plays at.

Should only be a matter of time if he keeps developing.

Southgate is a bum, this new generation of talented players need a proper manager to lead England forward. Horseface isn't gonna take us anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom