• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Is Leno capable to play it out as comfortably under pressure as Martinez does? Don't think so. Arteta relies on that against anyone though(see games vs city and pool)
Martinez plays an important role in making us more press resistant.

Again this is utter rubbish I see posted all the time. Leno is great with the ball at his feet, we’ve seen it for two years.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont get this at all.

We are a self sustaining club our owner wont inject the cash required to compete. We cannot afford to have 20m reserve keepers.
And yes there are 6 or 7 vote players that should go that's because our squad is massive. But alot of those players are duds that wont fetch as much.

I've watched teams whose owners do inject sell good players, key players and rebuild meanwhile we get our knickers twisted over players who have done nothing, achieved little and never go on to achieve nothing.

Its mad the amount of people that don't get this. How can clubs get the offer to make 20million on a back up keeper with 2 years left on their deal!?

The people that are moaning about this will be the first to complain when we regularly have Elneny and Willock stinking out the joint every week.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Of course we can get money from other sales. Its just taking way longer due to the market situation.

I swear everyone loves to moan on here. We are valuing the players we are trying to sell at higher prices. But people moan we aren't selling anyone... but if they were valued less people say they're too cheap and the club is terrible at selling.

I really don't understand some people, this isn't aimed at you, we need immediate cash, but its a constant cycle of BS on here from the usual suspects.

I know we can make other sales, it’s more the point that the sales we can and need to make are the ones where people moan about the player being sold. Most people want Lacazette, Elneny, Guendouzi, Mustafi etc sold. That’s not going to happen. It will have to be players like Bellerin and Martinez.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Because some random geezer on an internet forum says so? :lol: Okay mate. Back in your box.

Who should we be selling then? We’ve had concrete offers for AMN, Martinez and Bellerin. Would you sell AMN or Bellerin, someone else in mind?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Again this is utter rubbish I see posted all the time. Leno is great with the ball at his feet, we’ve seen it for two years.

He's absolutely not great. He's alright at best.

I remember looking forward to see in the team because Emery put emphasis on playing out the back in the beginning but he was no better than Cech once he came in. In fact he hoofed it more than Cech and our playing out the back slowly faded away soon after.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He's absolutely not great. He's alright at best.

I remember looking forward to see in the team because Emery put emphasis on playing out the back in the beginning but he was no better than Cech once he came in. In fact he hoofed it more than Cech and our playing out the back slowly faded away soon after.

Disagree loads here, Cech was hideous with his feet, nearly passed it into the net once. And Leno was trying to play out the back with Kos and Sokratis, no wonder he went long.

Emery didn’t set that team up properly to play out from the back, a lot of players didn’t know what to do.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The sentimentality on this one is crazy. I thought the club has to become more "ruthless". Emi seems a top bloke and has shown in the last few months he's a good keeper. But at the end of the day he is a second choice keeper.

Arsenal currently have 1 senior central midfield contracted to the club of any note (xhaka), and even he divides opinion.

It would be crazy not to cash in on Emi now, especially when you take the fact he only has 2 years left on his deal.

Bring in that Areola or maybe see if United will let go Romero on loan to cover Leno for a year.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Disagree loads here, Cech was hideous with his feet, nearly passed it into the net once. And Leno was trying to play out the back with Kos and Sokratis, no wonder he went long.

Emery didn’t set that team up properly to play out from the back, a lot of players didn’t know what to do.

Who said he wasn't?

It worked in the beginning for Emery, people were raving and we scored goals like some we've seen under Arteta.

Why

Always Me ?
Be sad to see him go, but think its one of those where Arteta has to let Martinez decide. He has given 10 years to the club and not really had a sniff until recently. Bit of a fairytale where we were in dire straits he got a chance to shine and he did just that. Will be fondly remembered by all Arsenal fans.

If they feel 20mil is the right number and Martinez wants to go, let him go. I would like to see Leno in goal where his defence are not actively trying to see who can score the most own goals.

And if he goes to Villa, id be tempted to put him in my FPL team

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

"Keepers don't get purple patches" :lol: That must be why people are complaining about the transfer fee here being too low. Of course a club will estimate the experience of a keeper and the likelyhood of such level continuing.

This most loyal guy on planet Earth needs to renew his contract for at least 1 year (maybe with a 20 million release clause, excluding rival teams) so we can see if he keeps his level for a season. Otherwise he forced us to sell him with 2 years in contract.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leno's wages prices him out of most teams and those that could afford him don't need him.

Sadly I think that will be the deciding factor

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Manninger and Coquelin are very good examples of a 'purple patch'
The people on here losing their minds about Martinez potentially being sold are likely the same idiots who were on here chatting **** that we didn't need to " waste money on Kante when we have Coquelin " :lol:

It’s a purple patch that’s arguably lasted longer than Leno’s though. He was in world class form for Reading and he’s carried it on this year once he got games.

How long does a purple patch have to be until it stops being one?

Finesse

Emi has shown why we should have quality players on the bench. Came in and delivered when he was needed. Why sell him ? To raise money to buy new players while we have deadwood we cannot sell ! What is the point? Increase his low salary and extend his contract. The man loves it here and he would extend. This argument of him demanding first team football is lame. It is all just paper talk. Arsenal must learn how to keep its prized assets. I hope this is all paper talk. I expect him to start at Craven Cottage. No one is a number one. Performances keep you in the team.

GunnerShy

With talk he could be going to AV (yuck!) I'm really surprised a club like Chelsea hasn't put a sneaky bid in. With the money they've spaffed on areas they actually don't need to strengthen you'd think they could scrape £25-£30m together for their Achilles heal. For a keeper who is very strong in the air which is where Kepa seems to struggle the most. Curious.

Finesse

It’s a purple patch that’s arguably lasted longer than Leno’s though. He was in world class form for Reading and he’s carried it on this year once he got games.

How long does a purple patch have to be until it stops being one?

It’s typical of Arsenal. Any player progressing from within the ranks is always downplayed. Purple patch , early days etc. Same performances from some kid in Europe with YouTube videos and everyone wants them. Martinez is not only a quality keeper but he plays with his heart and passion for this club. That alone should earn him the respect. A club aspiring for top 4 , CL and to get back to the glory days but cannot keep or manage 2 good keepers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom