• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Probably why you don’t have a job in football.

Someone like Fran Merida educated at La Masia had the football IQ and technical ability but not the physical or mental qualities. Quincy was toe to toe with Messi in the world youth cup.

We’re talking about potential. It’s, by definition uncertain.

You won’t find a single pro after 16 at the highest level without technical ability and some football IQ. It’s a wide spectrum though and there are many variables that translate that into consistent impact.

First and foremost you need to be fit, healthy, and consistently in your best physical condition. Second you need the right environment to develop. Third you need the right mentality when things go against you, and a bit of luck.

Gnabry transformed himself after leaving. Congrats to him.

Agree with everything other than the last line. Kid was obviously quality from the jump and my best m8 (used to be on here) called him being our best prospect at the time. Anyway glad to see he's doing well.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I've been on Saka train since the majority were ripping into him for getting chances but not Amaechi.

I'm not the one to brag but I could probably be an elite scout in football if I wasn't a failure of a chemist so far.

Tbh between me and my best m8 we generally call 95% of players before other people, I called Hazard being a worldie when people here said Gervinho had the better stats etc.

The only one I got seriously wrong was Vela who I thought would go on to do wonders but didn't have the minerals.

Maybe we should start up a private scouting network :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tbh between me and my best m8 we generally call 95% of players before other people, I called Hazard being a worldie when people here said Gervinho had the better stats etc.

The only one I got seriously wrong was Vela who I thought would go on to do wonders but didn't have the minerals.

Don't think I've ever called a player wrong although I don't make bold calls though tbf.

The one guy who currently has my rep on the line is Keita at Liverpool, he hasn't outright flopped but if he doesn't deliver the goods this season he'll have killed my 100% record.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Don't think I've ever called a player wrong although I don't make bold calls though tbf.

The one guy who currently has my rep on the line is Keita at Liverpool, he hasn't outright flopped but if he doesn't deliver the goods this season he'll have killed my 100% record.

Keita is sh!t mate, that's a bad call. Tbf tho Henderson is sh!t too and yet captains a side that won the league.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Keita is sh!t mate, that's a bad call. Tbf tho Henderson is sh!t too and yet captains a side that won the league.
He looked so good in Germany but yeah I've learnt my lesson wrt that league now.

Dembele is also on the ropes and initially, you weren't a big fan of Saka either although you liked him as a full-back prospect.

But I still like you and you make rainy days sunny ones so please don't fight me over this!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree with everything other than the last line. Kid was obviously quality from the jump and my best m8 (used to be on here) called him being our best prospect at the time. Anyway glad to see he's doing well.

I see.

What I meant is he transformed himself from a great prospect to a great player.

When he got to Germany, Gnabry switched up his training routine - started yoga, changed his diet and hired a coach to work on his balance and strength. He also surrounded himself with great people in a relatively distraction free environment.

Sometimes you see an ex who’s thriving and wonder why you let them go but the truth is that you needed to do so for them to thrive.

We wanted to keep him but showed it a tad too late.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Vela is still an incredible player, he had 34 goals last season in the MLS and he's barely a footballer ffs. He just lacks the cojones.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see a little regression in terms of G/A from Saka. Need to be realistic. This is still a very young player, need to temper our expectations.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see a little regression in terms of G/A from Saka. Need to be realistic. This is still a very young player, need to temper our expectations.

Saka will always get assists. I can see him breaking Henry's EPL assist record by the time he is like 22. I expect him to have 15+ assists in all competitions this season.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I see.

What I meant is he transformed himself from a great prospect to a great player.

When he got to Germany, Gnabry switched up his training routine - started yoga, changed his diet and hired a coach to work on his balance and strength. He also surrounded himself with great people in a relatively distraction free environment.

Sometimes you see an ex who’s thriving and wonder why you let them go but the truth is that you needed to do so for them to thrive.

We wanted to keep him but showed it a tad too late.

Those are pretty typical things for a young footballer to do in a proper environment.

What you're saying is true in so far as we offered something of a toxic environment (one of the big problems in Gnabry's development--his injury--was symptomatic of what was happening at the time, not very evolved training and sports science methods and lots of injuries in comparison to other clubs) in the later years under Wenger, but I don't think Gnabry had to leave Arsenal at all per se to triumph. He needed to be at a club who could take care of his development in a decent fashion but that's about it, he was a massive talent and he could've made it anywhere, probably even at Arsenal (his performances in the Olympics were indicative of someone who was ready to do his thing at the top level, and he was still at Arsenal then), despite it being a sub-optimal place for is development.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Those are pretty typical things for a young footballer to do in a proper environment.

What you're saying is true in so far as we offered something of a toxic environment (one of the big problems in Gnabry's development--his injury--was symptomatic of what was happening at the time, not very evolved training and sports science methods and lots of injuries in comparison to other clubs) in the later years under Wenger, but I don't think Gnabry had to leave Arsenal at all per se to triumph. He needed to be at a club who could take care of his development in a decent fashion but that's about it, he was a massive talent and he could've made it anywhere, probably even at Arsenal (his performances in the Olympics were indicative of someone who was ready to do his thing at the top level, and he was still at Arsenal then), despite it being a sub-optimal place for is development.

I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice there...

There are many things that can go awry with young talented footballers if they don't have the right blend of talent, maturity and work ethic. The latter two are intrinsic qualities that come from their upbringing.

You can't pin everything on external factors. Put a talented player in any environment you like, but a small fraction make it to elite status. Even those who get regular football. Why do you think that is?

It's not easy every day to pay attention to recovery away from training or eat right and take care of yourself mentally. Gnabry spent time learning about his own body. He practiced on his weaker foot. And.... controversial... got dose of luck after having had a dose of bad luck.

Robben and Ribery both being phased out, along with the German NT ending a cycle at the time Gnabry was coming to prominence, all fell nicely in sync and he grew in confidence.

Again, we wanted to keep him, but he had his mind made up. My issue is solely with our failure to demand a significantly high asking price. nor include any clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom