• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Well played to (#2) M. Aarons, (#6) T. Davies, (#21) C. Gallagher, (#14) T. Cantwell and (#10) Hudson-Odoi.

Hope that Nketiah can learn from them and develop himself into something more than a simple poacher.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's a natural goal scorer, he's done it at every level Domestic & International. I've always had faith in him and I have no problem if we sell Laca and dont buy another CF. I think we will spread the goals around this season, Auba, Pepe, Willian, Nketiah & Martinelli when he's back.
Agreed but the bold is too far imo.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Agreed but the bold is too far imo.

I should have added providing we use the money to get Partey or Aouar. The other reason is I dont want to halt the development of Nketiah & Martinelli when he returns. Buying a CF now will do that unless they are 30 ish.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We should give chance to John Jules, Saka, ESR, Matt Smith....but not Nketiah and Willock.

You can’t give chance to all academy players because some of them are just not good enough. Just pick the best ones and give them a chance.

So, Arteta & Boothroyd think Nketiah is better than John-Jules (who has played at League One level) at this point, but you're a better football manager and tell us we better not give chance to Nketiah, but sell him for cheap when his value is pretty low. Great stuff.

You do realize Arsenal needs to show there is a pathway for every great talent and strikers for example don't get ditched after ~700 EPL minutes.

We can get Iwobi kind of money for England U21 captain if he gets half the points Laca has done next season. And surely still keep him if he does that or more.

Does anyone know if there has been talk of contract extension? He has 2 years left. I would think there is no problem with that.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So, Arteta & Boothroyd think Nketiah is better than John-Jules (who has played at League One level) at this point, but you're a better football manager and tell us we better not give chance to Nketiah, but sell him for cheap when his value is pretty low. Great stuff.

You do realize Arsenal needs to show there is a pathway for every great talent and strikers for example don't get ditched after ~700 EPL minutes.

We can get Iwobi kind of money for England U21 captain if he gets half the points Laca has done next season. And surely still keep him if he does that or more.

Does anyone know if there has been talk of contract extension? He has 2 years left. I would think there is no problem with that.
We could arguably get decent money for Nketiah right now if we wanted to, but I think with more confidence over a season and a bit more end product (hopefully with a new contract signed), we could get upwards of £30m after this season. By that point of course, we'd really have no reason to sell!

drippin

We could arguably get decent money for Nketiah right now if we wanted to, but I think with more confidence over a season and a bit more end product (hopefully with a new contract signed), we could get upwards of £30m after this season. By that point of course, we'd really have no reason to sell!

Yeah, well what is decent for U21 England captain.

It makes absolutely no sense to sell him now. Give him this season so he renews fast. That already ups his value.

Then even with a decent season we will get much more money for him, if it comes to that. Hard for me to see that he would not do half the points that Laca has done here.

But yeah basically I think we agree.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, well what is decent for U21 England captain.

It makes absolutely no sense to sell him now. Give him this season so he renews fast. That already ups his value.

Then even with a decent season we will get much more money for him, if it comes to that. Hard for me to see that he would not do half the points that Laca has done here.

But yeah basically I think we agree.
Yeah we agree. It's £20m for Eddie now, or £30m+ after a new contract and double figures in G+A. I might actually put some money down on Eddie to get more than 10 league goals.

drippin

Yeah we agree. It's £20m for Eddie now, or £30m+ after a new contract and double figures in G+A. I might actually put some money down on Eddie to get more than 10 league goals.

That's something! I would certainly expect a bit more than half of the Laca points next season (for similar minutes played), but possibly more. Can't expect too much from youth.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sigh.....

Serge Gnabry had a knee injury that kept him out for well over a year not long after his initial breakthrough. He spent a long time building up his fitness in order to return, and as part of his fitness building, it was decided that he would go on loan given he had missed so much football. The loan to West Brom in and of itself was a mistake in the end but we honestly tried to keep him when he had returned. He decided to leave once Bayern engineered his move to the Bundesliga via Bremen. Gnabry's leaving was not the fault of the club and clear bad luck.

Not only that, but I remember people mad as **** when Gnabry got first game for us, it was the days that any young player would be used to bash the club.

Theo was scoring a lot and Chamberlain was THE young talent in England at the time.

drippin

Actually now that I think of it, getting half of Laca's points per minute means point per 268 minutes compared to Laca's last season.

I'd expect Nketiah to get point per 160-200 minutes next season. This season was point per over 300 minutes in EPL, was it 320 or so.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not only that, but I remember people mad as **** when Gnabry got first game for us, it was the days that any young player would be used to bash the club.

Theo was scoring a lot and Chamberlain was THE young talent in England at the time.
Exactly. Gnabry was definitely not seen as a sure thing by people who didn't know who he was before seeing him in the 1st team. A lot of people who are pissed now (not including our FootballManager friend of course) were not ****ing with him till probably the Sp**s game. I can remember people being 50/50 on him. That's why all the crying about him online elsewhere has done my head in. I wish they would let it go!

I sarcastically play up my disappointment when guys like Musah left but ultimately he isn't gonna come back and I'm ok with that, same with Balogun (who may yet still stay). Maybe one of the current Hale End faves ends up leaving. Sometimes it doesn't work out and it's neither the fault of the club or the player.

Kav

Established Member
U21 is his level. Whether he can make the step up to the big league is the real question. I’m all for giving young players opportunity but I honestly don’t think his ceiling is very high and he’s not particularly excellent at anything other than his movements, half the time of which are offside.

He can be a good 15 goal a season player if he makes the step up. However I doubt that presently he will get more than 10 in the league. If we sell Lacazette I would not want us to rely on Nketiah because we will suffer for goals from him.

We would have to spread the goals around the team to achieve our objectives with Nketiah leading the line.

drippin

Exactly. Gnabry was definitely not seen as a sure thing by people who didn't know who he was before seeing him in the 1st team. A lot of people who are pissed now (not including our FootballManager friend of course) were not ****ing with him till probably the Sp**s game. I can remember people being 50/50 on him. That's why all the crying about him online elsewhere has done my head in. I wish they would let it go!

I sarcastically play up my disappointment when guys like Musah left but ultimately he isn't gonna come back and I'm ok with that, same with Balogun (who may yet still stay). Maybe one of the current Hale End faves ends up leaving. Sometimes it doesn't work out and it's neither the fault of the club or the player.

This is the never-ending explanation thing. People bringing up the Gnabry incident. It was mostly bad luck + the decision to loan him to WB.

Bit of a fault of the club there, but he wasn't Hale End product and as a German no wonder he wanted to Bayern.

That's why own youth players are so important to give a chance to. They have the biggest chances of being "loyal" even if big clubs come calling.

You're gonna hear similar stuff about Balogun, Musah etc. no matter how many times you explain their situations & why they choose to go. Players can't be forced to sign contracts.

In hindsight it will be very easy to say that the club should have done this or that, and only choose the narrative/players that fit the complaints. We have many great prospects now and it is a very good thing.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Tbf, I probably would have scored those three with a gammy zoot hanging off my bottom lip. You can only put it in the net though...

I remember people criticising Bendtner for scoring tap-ins, as if it is better to miss them :lol:

good to see Nketiah doing it at youth level but he's yet to impress at PL level.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Nothing about him wows me. He’s clearly got an eye for goal and works very hard for the team, but technically he doesn’t really appeal to me. That said he’s still young and can progress but I reckon a PL loan for him would be perfect at this stage.

Yeah I'm with you, I don't think he has that X Factor that we need. A clear step down from the likes of Saka and Martinelli.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

One of the many players that finds U21’s too easy but doesn’t have anything to make him stand out in men’s football.

I can see him being an option for clubs lower down the table or the main striker of a championship club. Otherwise I’m sorry to say, I just don’t see it.

Could be bias on my part, I like my forwards strong and super technical or speed demons, he’s neither. Just a nippy tryhard.

The stuff he’s good at, like having heart and a knack for finishing, you can’t teach - so you never know where he will end up.

Mraven

“No standout attribute” is the dumbest thing I read around here. Nearly everyone got excited when we bought that french record signing with no standout attribute at €53mill.

Nketiah has world class movement and that killer instinct. There is no doubt he’s going to be a great striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom