• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,909

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He played against MK Dons? Even the arsenal report on the game says that he is the only player to stay on the bench
He came on in the last few minutes, he got like one touch of the ball.

Arsenal U21 v Ipswich: T. Smith; Alebiosu, Oyegoke, McGuinness (c), Bola; McEneff, Cottrell; Salah-Eddine, Olayinka, Lewis; Balogun.

Subs: Hillson, Akinola, Azeez, Cirjan, Ogungbo, Kirk.

Clarke injured. Dinzeyi not involved. Lopez also not in squad

Interesting Salah starts.

This is from Jeorge Bird Twitter.
Bit of a weird lineup for me. McEneff still getting starts, think he's petered out a bit as a prospect - thought Azeez would get the nod instead but they're playing it cool with him it seems. Oyegoke is at CB aswell!

Good to see Salah-Eddine get a start, hopefully we can see the 3 midfielders on the bench come on!

I'm torn between finding a stream for this and just watching the England U21s (given that we will actually have Arsenal players playing in that one rather than the senior team).

Manberg

Predator
Cottrell with the assist I see. He's always impressed me whenever I see him. What's going to happen to him this season? Will he go on loan or will he get a look in for cup games?

oh to be a goon

Apparently Trae Coyle scored for gillingham in the same competition.

I dont know much about the EFL cup. Would Medley and Coyle be available for Gillingham when they play us since we are in the same group?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did anyone watch this? Any players we should be getting excited about on the strength of this game?
:lol: Flo Balogun.

Nah, seriously, looking at the twitter feeds of people who actually watched this on iFollow, Salah-Eddine, Lewis, Cottrell, Oyegoke and McGuinness were the impressive guys on the pitch.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Cottrell with the assist I see. He's always impressed me whenever I see him. What's going to happen to him this season? Will he go on loan or will he get a look in for cup games?
He's gonna end up staying probably, I don't see him going on loan. Maybe one or two cameos.
Anyone know who:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/gabriel-trains-arsenal-squad (pic 19)

79 is?

Or 76?

https://www.arsenal.com/news/gabriel-trains-arsenal-squad (pic 25)

Is 76 Bradley Ibrahim? Only player I can think of that looks somewhat like that.
79 is Zach Awe.
76 is Luke Plange.

oh to be a goon

:lol: Flo Balogun.

Nah, seriously, looking at the twitter feeds of people who actually watched this on iFollow, Salah-Eddine, Lewis, Cottrell, Oyegoke and McGuinness were the impressive guys on the pitch.

McGuiness was easily our best player. Smith did well in goal as well. Cottrell was energetic the whole game and had a great through ball for Balogun's goal. Lewis took his goal well, but otherwise looked fairly weak and had little link up (especially with Balogun).
Salah was a mixed bag. Took about 10 minutes to touch the ball and another 10 to complete a pass. Got better as the game went on though, and had a nice opportunity after a great ball from Azeez when he turned the defender inside out but lashed his shot high and wide.

Top Bottom