• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Lol
I’m disappointed we couldn’t cash in too, but like you said - no takers so we might as well make it work. He might surprise us hopefully?
a lot will depend on whether he wanted to leave, I suspect - if being transfer listed came as a shock then he might make a real effort to buckle down and redeem himself - a couple of run outs with the U23s might be a good idea

not sure I have a lot of hope though

GunnerShy

What's his management doing about this? He should be working double time.to.get Guendouzi out the club. He's got no future here and he should be starting at a club to build on all those arsenal starts he knicked.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good to see him back to first team training it'll be unfair to keep out much longer. Doesn't mean he is staying tho if we received good bid we'll sell

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Keep. Him. At. All. Costs.

Even if that cost would be Arteta?

I mean its great if he buckles down now and it is what I’m hoping for, but if theres another bust-up I don’t know how long the manager-player relationship can last here.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Defo needs to keep the attitude, dont be taming him! It added to his game on the pitch.

Hope he wins the Gold medal next summer & really ratchets it up. Like Kurt Angle or Henry Cejudo.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
.can't attack. Can't defend. No positioning. No game intelligence. Heavy first touch. Too slow to pick a pass. Too slow tracking back. what he knows is sneaky tricks to buy fouls, decent passing range and bit of direct play in final third. Has one assist to auba and zero goals to show for being indulged in the midfield for two seasons in the PL.

Iceman10

Established Member
.can't attack. Can't defend. No positioning. No game intelligence. Heavy first touch. Too slow to pick a pass. Too slow tracking back. what he knows is sneaky tricks to buy fouls, decent passing range and bit of direct play in final third. Has one assist to auba and zero goals to show for being indulged in the midfield for two seasons in the PL.

Think this just qualifies as basic trashing of a player, tbh. He has great abilities and talent and no one player is going to have perfect attributes for everything. There are good examples of him attacking and defending if you push yourself to recollect. He didn’t just get that call up into the France squad for nothing. He just has some apparent attitude issues that may self-correct or not over time, and that probably is the impediment to him being coached to simplifying his game with positioning and tactical discipline.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Even if that cost would be Arteta?

I mean its great if he buckles down now and it is what I’m hoping for, but if theres another bust-up I don’t know how long the manager-player relationship can last here.

No chance Guendouzi stays over Mikel. But I take your point. I love Guen. If he humbled himself and absorbs what Uncle Mikel has to offer he can become a top class midfielder.

Did you catch him for France U21?

Highlights don’t quite do him justice but he ran the show. Arteta said every player has a clean slate, let’s home we can move on from that little rift.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
No chance Guendouzi stays over Mikel. But I take your point. I love Guen. If he humbled himself and absorbs what Uncle Mikel has to offer he can become a top class midfielder.

I don't doubt his talents, but I can't say the last half of the season enarmored me with him. Especially considering he squashed more than one chance. But yeah, I can see him becoming a very good player, even though he needs to work on some basics, especially positioning.

Anyway, his first challenge will be purely accepting limited playtime with Ceballos having put himself clearly in front of Guen. Even more so if the reminder of the transfer window goes well and we get our targets.

If he can do that without complaint he certainly gets some of my respect back.

GunnerShy

Spot on. Flatters to deceive. Waves his hands around, yells and looks busy chasing shadows.

He's a poor man's MK2 Flamini

Let's play Aubamawang

The biggest problem with Guendouzi on the pitch is his tactical discipline. We won't be able to maintain our defensive shape if he's wandering off. Sure that can be coached, but if the player doesn't want to learn because he thinks he's already made it, then you're in trouble. Personally, I would have sold him for the £60m figure floating around last summer.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Did you catch him for France U21?

Highlights don’t quite do him justice but he ran the show. Arteta said every player has a clean slate, let’s home we can move on from that little rift.

Honestly, Mikel would have a whole lot to offer this kid if he listened.

balthazar

The biggest problem with Guendouzi on the pitch is his tactical discipline. We won't be able to maintain our defensive shape if he's wandering off. Sure that can be coached, but if the player doesn't want to learn because he thinks he's already made it, then you're in trouble. Personally, I would have sold him for the £60m figure floating around last summer.

but no one offered 60 million sterling.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Of course selling Guendouzi for 60 million is worth it. Even if he fulfills his perceived potential, he likely wont be worth 60 million. He certainly isnt filling a 60 million void in our team. Offers for guendouzi are probably closer to 12 million.

Let's play Aubamawang

but no one offered 60 million sterling.
Last year there were rumours linking him to PSG for around that amount. Whether it was true or not, I can't say. But given his age and confidence on the ball, it wouldn't surprise me if PSG did offer around that figure and we turned it down for whatever reason.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Last year there were rumours linking him to PSG for around that amount. Whether it was true or not, I can't say. But given his age and confidence on the ball, it wouldn't surprise me if PSG did offer around that figure and we turned it down for whatever reason.
PSG wouldnt touch emery or his proteges with a 100ft pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom