• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Let’s keep talking about off the field stuff because on the field, where it matters, he was absolutely terrible for 90% +, of last season.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Let’s keep talking about off the field stuff because on the field, where it matters, he was absolutely terrible for 90% +, of last season.

The problem is that those other 10% consist of the most important games we had last season.

I agree that its a manageable loss for a lot of upcoming games, but I'd rather have back 3 Luiz in the starting line-up against Liverpool than not have him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
This is actually pretty bad for us.

Luiz has actually been pretty damn good for the time Arteta has been at the club, except that one City game where he apparently wasn't even ready to play.

Could hurt us immensely with those big games early on - why do we always have bad luck there, still that old curse from that Voodoo *****?

Tomb Bombadil

I really hope this is fake news. It can't be that we have 4 ****ing CB injured at the start of the season.

And all of them shouldn't be at our club anymore IMO.

And I said why do we buy more CB when we already have 6 / 7 / 8 CB and now we are lucky that we kept them. Can't be true.

Pyres7

Might be a blessing in disguise if Gabriel and Saliba can hit the ground running. If we're low on numbers we can still play Tierney at LCB or move to a back 4. I don't think it'll be a major problem.

Kysus

Very good performance. Dominant, confident, winning everything high up the pitch. Had the aura of a captain.
Looking forward to see him with Gabriel.

Makavelii

I would agree that individually he’s been subpar at Arsenal. His stats back up that he’s been mediocre individually (huge fall in his stats from his younger days). He’s lost some of his old agility and aggression.

But what gets too often underrated in Centerbacks is their ability to organise the team structure.

They’re at the back and have visibility on the team shape. Luiz has the ability to arrange players effectively and make the team work better as a defensive unit.
This is why he is still valuable to us on the field.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought he looked really uncomfortable at rcb. He didnt know how the recieve tbe ball, so many times he let it run across his body needlessly, a red card should have come from it.

I'm not a fan of Holding at all, but I think in a back 4, our best combination is Holding-Gabriel.

Pyres7

Had a shocker yesterday but I'd still give him another couple of games at RCB and see how he does. Partly because he can communicate with Gabriel until he learns English.

say yes

forum master baiter
Surprised this thread hasn’t been bumped. He was probably our best player against Leicester prior to his injury and his brain dead replacement cost us the game. Seriously important to this squad.

Any word on how long our most creative player is out for?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Surprised this thread hasn’t been bumped. He was probably our best player against Leicester prior to his injury and his brain dead replacement cost us the game. Seriously important to this squad.

Any word on how long our most creative player is out for?

He's like Patrick Mahomes out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom