• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've just set up an account. Need to learn rules before selecting as I'm only familiar with Sky one.

Yeah so basically you get one free transfer a week, any more than that and you lose points from your total. You can roll over a max of one free transfer from week to week.

You choose 2 keepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three strikers with a total budget of 100M. Max 3 players from one PL team.

Players get points for appearances below and above 60 minutes and each position gets different points per goal and a flat rate for assists. Captaining a player doubles his points.

If they play 60 minutes, mids, defenders and keepers get clean sheet points. Keepers get points for more saves and lose points the more goals go in.

Red cards, yellow cards, own goals and penalty misses all carry points penalties. Bonus points are given out each game to the best performing players as well.

Most importantly are the chips, you get unlimited transfers before game week one. If you want to make a load of changes without point penalties you get two wildcards, you can use one before halfway in the season and one after.

You get a free hit chip which lets you change your whole team for no cost but the new team you select only lasts a week before it goes back to your old one.

Triple Captain triples a player’s points instead of doubling and Bench Boost means all your four substitutes match points are included in your game week total.

You can only use them once.

Can you please explain what H2H league is?

A regular league just bases the ranking on overall points won.

A H2H League matches you up against individual players each week from your league and gives points to the winner. The table is decided on this format, regular rules still apply.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Leno will be backup? Changed my team a bit.

Ramsdale
Alexander-Arnold Coady R.James
Traore Fernandes Foden Grealish Aubameyang
Martial Firmino​

When I said that I didn't realise you select 2 keepers. I'm used to the Sky version where you only have 11 players. I've set up an account but haven't selected a team yet.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I currently have:

Martinez
Robertson Van Dijk Coady Tierney
Moutinho Rice Doucoure Auba
Abraham - Jimenez

Pope - Baldock - Grealish - Jesus

Playing FPL with some Dutch friends of mine. First time for me, any suggestions?

Dutch D

@Trilly @Rex Banter

Is it smarter to go hard on the first XI and dumpster dive for the bench, or better to spread?

I'm considering changing the above team to:

Pope - Ryan
Tierney - van Dijk - Soyuncu - Egan - Coady
Rashford - Grealish - Moutinho - De Bruyne - Rice
Vardy - Jimenez - Long

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly @Rex Banter

Is it smarter to go hard on the first XI and dumpster dive for the bench, or better to spread?

Pope - Ryan
Vardy - Jimenez - Long

I like to have all my players getting minutes although I’m in the minority I think.

Dream scenario is having your 4.5M players be regularly playing 90 minutes. Likes of Stuart Dallas and James Justin are in my team because they’re cheap and should play regularly.

Good team that tbf, only thing is Grealish won’t play week 1 because Villa’s fixture is rearranged so maybe go Zaha or Harvey Barnes for this week as they’re the same price and will definitely play.

Same thing with Rashford as well, maybe someone like Son or Pulisic for this week.

Dutch D

I like to have all my players getting minutes although I’m in the minority I think.

Dream scenario is having your 4.5M players be regularly playing 90 minutes. Likes of Stuart Dallas and James Justin are in my team because they’re cheap and should play regularly.

Good team that tbf, only thing is Grealish won’t play week 1 because Villa’s fixture is rearranged so maybe go Zaha or Harvey Barnes for this week as they’re the same price and will definitely play.

Same thing with Rashford as well, maybe someone like Son or Pulisic for this week.
Yeah, I was thinking about changing one 'expensive' player to one that will play this week. Don't want to go too far, as you can only change one a week of course, and they would have to cost the same.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Also, I read that prices can change, so I'm a bit wary of that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly @Rex Banter

Pope - Ryan
Vardy - Jimenez - Long
I tend to have 1/2 bench players that play. With one guy that is complete dross. Rarely go with two playing goalkeepers as well

For me, if you're having headaches when trying to pick your starters then you've got too much money in your bench.

I haven't even set my team up ffs. Need to do it tonight.:lol:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Ramsdale
Digne Zouma Coady
Aubameyang Soucek Mané Pereira
Richarlison Calvert-Lewin Werner

Miazek, Eze, Saliba, Dunk

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Pope - Doherty, Tarkowski, Soyüncü, Digne - Traore, Fernandes, De Bruyne, Pulisic - Richarlison, Martial

Tried to safe a bit of money in the defense this time.

CanadianGooner1608

Keeping in mind rearranged fixtures, I decided to completely avoid City/United/Villa/Burnley players (not that I was considering anyone from Burnley, save maybe Tarkowski), and slowly phase them onside as time passes and eventually use the first wildcard to get in gear for the holiday fixtures.

Going with a 4-5-1 looking like this:

Leno/Miazek
TAA-Coady-Bogle (high risk, high reward hopefully)-Tierney / Bernardo

Pulisic-Auba-Salah-Traoré-Saint-Maximin

Vardy / Bamford / Vassilev.

Team might change as this puts me square at 100M, and I'd like to have some wiggle room and go for a 99M team + 1M in the bank.

Wilshero

Leno
Doherty - Rüdiger - Söyüncü - Tierney
Aubameyang (C) - Salah (V) - James - Lundstram - Pulisic
Werner

Nyland, Bamford, Mitchell, Brewster

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
First time taking part in the fantasy league. Forgot to set my team up for this weekend but here's what I've got:

Martinez
van Dijk/Soyuncu/Doherty/Tarkowski
Greenwood/Saint Maximin/Aubameyang/Zaha/De Bruyne
Ings

Pope/Brewster/Williams/Mitrovic

I really like my midfield options, as I went with regular performers (Auba and KDB) and two regular starts who are the main creative points in their teams (Zaha and St. Maximin). Greenwood I think will go up another level this season and will probably become a regular starter for United.

I already changed things up by getting rid of Pope and bringing in Leno who will probably be my regular starter (I have a feeling our defense will be much better this year and Leno will benefit a lot from that while contributing what he usually does: shot stopping).

I've got .5 left in the bank. Would like to upgrade on Williams (4.0) and Brewster (4.5). Thinking about getting rid of Tarkowski (5.5) and bringing in Tierney (5.5) - this would be after Martinez completes his transfer so I can have my third Arsenal player. I have a feeling Tierney is going to have a very good season with us.

I'm open to any critiques since this is my first time. Any pointers with the current squad I have? Anything I should be wary of? I'm sure using my free transfer already was a mistake...

CanadianGooner1608

Ended up changing nothing on my end, and can't say I'm disappointed.
Between Auba, Tierney, Leno, Salah, I got myself a good 47 points haul. TAA and Saint-Maximin both letting me down a bit with one and three points respectively.

@MutableEarth the only reason I have Bogle on my team is your singing his praises. Fingers crossed

Top Bottom