• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah I don't want Arteta hashing out salaries and transfer fees ffs. I agree that he should be selecting the players he wants from a list of some sorts but I don't want him in negotiations. Not sure why so many people are welcoming this!
I don't think he'll be involved in negotiations, that's Edu and Huss's job. I think the main thing now is that he'll have a greater say over signings, compared to Emery. It's the right move imo, the latter didn't get the players he wanted and it showed in his use of Torreira and Pepe among others.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't think he'll be involved in negotiations, that's Edu and Huss's job. I think the main thing now is that he'll have a greater say over signings, compared to Emery. It's the right move imo, the latter didn't get the players he wanted and it showed in his use of Torreira and Pepe among others.
How it should be.

People talking about the Wenger set-up like it was a good thing is what I didn't agree with.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Great system, endless opportunity, only visionaries like Raul see it.

maxresdefault.jpg

GoonerJay24

I like Arteta but don‘t agree with this move.

In all the big clubs it works better when the coach is focused on the coaching, rather than signings, how much they cost, how much money we have etc...

Absurd that we went back to the previous structure that failed even under the greatest manager we ever had.

Problem is directors of football usually don't have enough footballing knowledge in terms of signing talented players

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Just because he’s the manager doesn’t mean he has total control :lol: why are people are so dramatic. I’m sure it’s not everything Arteta says goes.
It just means his thoughts and opinions are equally valued and they are putting some respect on his name

drippin

It seems the evil corpration named Arsenal kicked out some staff, but also Raul from the top.

Replaced him with Arteta, who might have got a little raise. Overall I think it was a very good move, cutting some costs in addition.

When you fire some of the management too, I think it looks a lot better as these are tough times.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Ahead of the curve as per usual.

Dare I say it already? Ill take my chances.
The true heir to Arsène Wenger, love it love it.

Quality man, quality manager and title rightly deserved. I get that sense of the ruthless Arsène of 1996 - 2005. Here's to Mikel fulfilling that promise.

As for questions on "taking over like Arsène did", well that risk is there... and if Mikel leaves or is sacked then we lose all that centralised capability once again. The club, in their decision making should be aware of this and I expect to see mitigation of this in their restructuring. You cannot be a serious outfit and not give attention to these realities.

Last edited:

drippin

Quality man, quality manager and title rightly deserved. I get that sense of the ruthless Arsène of 1996 - 2005. Here's to Mikel fulfilling that promise.

As for questions on "taking over like Arsène did", well that risk is there... and if Mikel leaves or is sacked then we lose all that centralised capability once again. The club, in their decision making should be aware of this and I expect to see mitigation of this in their restructuring. You cannot be a serious outfit and not give attention to these realities.

He is in the management group who looks like selling Martinez... ;)

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Problem is directors of football usually don't have enough footballing knowledge in terms of signing talented players
That does not seem to be a problem for other big clubs. We just need the right man, Raul wasn‘t it but there are many knowledgable people who would lovr to work at Arsenal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He is in the management group who looks like selling Martinez... ;)

I respect and trust Arteta's decision making and judgement as the club manager, but I do have the right to disagree with them as well. And my reasons for my disagreement are clear ;)

If Im wrong about my viewpoint, time will make me aware of that and my hands will be up in acknowledgement.

drippin

I respect and trust Arteta's decision making and judgement as the club manager, but I do have the right to disagree with them as well. And my reasons for my disagreement are clear ;)

If Im wrong about my viewpoint, time will make me aware of that and my hands will be up in acknowledgement.

I thought you'd just go for the argument that it's Vinai & higher-ups who are forcing Arteta's hand in this. :D (Which we cannot know, but Arteta has much more say now.)

Anyway, great response, respect.

drippin

Does anyone remember was is Edu who said they aim to "balance the squad"? Or am I just remembering wrong?

That meaning they want for example better midfielders. Selling GK & RB (who seem to want 1st team assurances) where we have good depth seems like what is going on.

And I think that Arteta sees the logic in these kind of moves for the overall situation/quality of the squad.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Really awkward moment for Mikel in the press conference that came out today. Mikel was asked about our obvious attempts to excise Guendowie from the squad:
"We know the club have been looking to move him [Guendouzi] on, Juninho at Lyon publicly said that he was offered in a possible swap deal with Houssem Aouar. Knowing that, can he [Guendouzi] be fully focused knowing that the club are intent on moving him out?"

Previously, Mikel would tap dance around this type of question and say some waffle like "Raul and Edu make those decisions, we'll see what happens". Or "We don't speak about our transfer machinations".

What's different now, is that Mikel is the manager. Everybody knows he has an outsized influence in the transfer decisions of this club. He is one of two main persons who can be questioned regarding our transfer decisions.
The confluence of Lyon's sporting director publicly saying Guendouzi had been offered to them as well as Mikel's new stature as manager meant he had to answer the question... and he kind of choked lol. It looked really awkward for him.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The confluence of Lyon's sporting director publicly saying Guendouzi had been offered to them as well as Mikel's new stature as manager meant he had to answer the question... and he kind of choked lol. It looked really awkward for him.
Juninho’s interview was honest and refreshing. Definitely applaud him for it.

Arsenal on the other hand have been insulting the fan’s intelligence for years - a big problem with Wenger’s reign.

I don’t think Arteta handled that question badly, it is what it is. Guendouzi’s situation as a whole - has been handled awfully, what can he say other than no comment.

Gegen Pressing

...or what's worse Raul offering him half half of cuts. Lol.

Wenger "We could go a whole season taking no bribes"

Raul "Nobody has ever achieved that "

Wenger "the incorruptibles!"
Think Arsène and Raul would have been good together...Arsène identifies the talent, Raul would have the "know how" to get the deals done no questions asked...if they could agree to work together on those terms of course.

Wenger wouldn't have been happy with Raul using a cut of the money for himself though :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Need to extend his contract already by another 3 years !

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom