• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

say yes

forum master baiter
Contrary to popular opinion on here I'm not that bullish on Partey tbh. The lack of flexibilty in negotiatons from A. Madrid means we'll have to overpay for a position that is not absolutely vital considering we got Ceba back.

Arteta managed to solidify the defensive part of the gameplay and what we sorely lack now is creative output from the middle. Willian will surely add something but I believe it would be smarter to invest in an Aouar type of player than go all in on Partey. I don't believe we'll get both because I'm sure Ceba was promised a lot of playing time and Xhaka is irreplacable as a starter (like it or not).
Yeah this is pretty much where I’m at.

Partey’s a top player, but this is the last market we should be overpaying for him in.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
There are other expenses at a football beyond buying players.

New stadium they can’t fill and they’ve been big spenders in the transfer market in recent years with high earners on the books.

There’s other areas the money needs to go to, just because you receive 100M doesn’t mean there are no other bills that need to be covered.

I get that there are other bills to cover which is why I specifically said I understand when clubs need to balance the books or make more money from player sales than they buy. In their case I have no doubt their finances are a bit tight.

Atletico will know how much money they will need to recoup in order for them to cover all other expenses. Which is why keeping 75% of all player sales doesn't make much sense. Why not say they need to generate certain amount of money from player sales, that would make more sense. At least that way you have a budget. If we believe that they need to keep 75% of all all player sales, it means they don't really have a set target. Does that mean they are happy if they sell 1 player worth £20m or 4 players for a total of £100m? Because in both scenarios they are still following their 25%/75% criteria.

sykesy69

We were linked with Patson Daka a few weeks back, right?

#SellLacaSignDaka

He scored 24 goals in 31 games last season too which is the sort of numbers Haaland was getting there.
A striker who can turn with his back to goal, yes please!! :bounce:

This guy looks like nothing but TROUBLE (for defenders)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Contrary to popular opinion on here I'm not that bullish on Partey tbh. The lack of flexibilty in negotiatons from A. Madrid means we'll have to overpay for a position that is not absolutely vital considering we got Ceba back.

Arteta managed to solidify the defensive part of the gameplay and what we sorely lack now is creative output from the middle. Willian will surely add something but I believe it would be smarter to invest in an Aouar type of player than go all in on Partey. I don't believe we'll get both because I'm sure Ceba was promised a lot of playing time and Xhaka is irreplacable as a starter (like it or not).

I could see myself being satified with different approaches to some degree there.

Have always been coming from the position of "creativity first" though and Willian alone does to suffice.

Partey+ Aouar would certainly great because it's a huge lift overall. But it can be a good solution whilst another one is as well - would not be totally unhappy with getting two more attacking players instead.

Aouar+Zaha or maybe even Aouar + Szoboslai, then have Auba in the centre where he's best and would play, if Arteta would have confidence in our LW options, but he clearly has none so far.

Iceman10

Established Member
I doesn't sound like we will see much of Martinelli this season unfortunately.

oops, forgot how bad the injury is. A problem for selling Laca this window as well then, we have enough to do for CM with only a few weeks to go and season pretty much underway.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
on whether he's spoken to Alex Lacazette about his future...
H is really happy here, he wants to keep improving and contributing to the team. I know how good he is, the impact he is having. He knows about the competition he has with the front players, and again he needs to demand of himself to be the best striker at this football club, the same as the rest. He was very happy to hear that and the way he has been training and conducting himself has been excellent.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

on whether he's spoken to Alex Lacazette about his future...
H is really happy here, he wants to keep improving and contributing to the team. I know how good he is, the impact he is having. He knows about the competition he has with the front players, and again he needs to demand of himself to be the best striker at this football club, the same as the rest. He was very happy to hear that and the way he has been training and conducting himself has been excellent.

But AM told me he is ****. I hope Arteta doesn't make the wrong decisions because he doesn't read AM. :eek::(

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't mean much tho similar to Guendouzi situation we aren't giving Laca new contract he already earning 180K a week and 2 years remaining if we got good enough bid we'll sell.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But AM told me he is ****. I hope Arteta doesn't make the wrong decisions because he doesn't read AM. :eek::(

Financially I'd understand if he was sold.

However we have a fully functioning attack and it would be stupid to drastically change the defence, drastically change the midfield and drastically change the attack in just one window.

Auba, Pepe, Laca, Willian, Saka, Martinelli, Nketiah. For three or four positions is most certainly CL worthy. If Pepe were to really perform at the highest level akin to Mane/Salah then we have an attack worthy of competing for the title.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm intrigued to see what happens. That can be just talk to show that we are not desperate to sell.

I doubt Laca will accept lower wage deal after Auba gets a raise. And I don't think the club will give him much raise.

So do they sell, or keep him for a year and trust he performs well to get similar money next year as this year. Interesting.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm intrigued to see what happens. That can be just talk to show that we are not desperate to sell.

I doubt Laca will accept lower wage deal after Auba gets a raise. And I don't think the club will give him much raise.

So do they sell, or keep him for a year and trust he performs well to get similar money next year as this year. Interesting.
Spoiler ->

Scores 35... drags out the contract renewal... huge deal.. **** again.

Top Bottom