• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:rofl::rofl: Disappointed in myself for laughing.

edit: Still laughing I need to grow up ffs.:rofl::rofl:
Was the song released for mainstream audience?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Good luck to AFC best keeper! We are all behind you Bernd!
This type of comment is true if you pretend bigger, eventually it is the truth.

Martinez run in the team has exposed Leno's weakness. If he doesnt step up or makes dumb decisions, then we will surely look to improve this position.

So sad we are about to sell the better goalkeeper in Martinez. Leno if he was commanding in the area or could play out from the back, this wouldnt be a discussion.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This was a heel turn I didn't expect. Leno's had a couple of howlers but he's generally been very good with a disorganized defence ahead of him most of the time. He's not great on crosses but generally he's the least of our problems currently. I prefer Martinez too but he's the asset we can sell right now and he is already agitated and wants to leave.

I'm more than fine with Leno as number 1. Very few times has he let us down and when we were getting peppered pre-lockdown, he was saving us more often than not. Let one of the up and comers dethrone him eventually.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This was a heel turn I didn't expect. Leno's had a couple of howlers but he's generally been very good with a disorganized defence ahead of him most of the time. He's not great on crosses but generally he's the least of our problems currently. I prefer Martinez too but he's the asset we can sell right now and he is already agitated and wants to leave.

I'm more than fine with Leno as number 1. Very few times has he let us down and when we were getting peppered pre-lockdown, he was saving us more often than not. Let one of the up and comers dethrone him eventually.

Yes he's a good keeper, I understand we need to raise money. @Arsenal1508 makes a good point that Martinez has exposed Leno's weaknesses, and he has. We were so used to Leno not commanding his area that every clean catch Martinez made was magnified. Leno does need to improve but I agree, him being our keeper is not a huge problem, even if I do wish it was Martinez. Now lets sell as many as we can and bring in Aouar & Partey!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yes he's a good keeper, I understand we need to raise money. @Arsenal1508 makes a good point that Martinez has exposed Leno's weaknesses, and he has. We were so used to Leno not commanding his area that every clean catch Martinez made was magnified. Leno does need to improve but I agree, him being our keeper is not a huge problem, even if I do wish it was Martinez. Now lets sell as many as we can and bring in Aouar & Partey!
I honestly think that Leno's aerial ability isn't gonna be a huge problem this season, I just feel his weaknesses are overblown because people like Martinez now and that's understandable. That shouldn't take away from the fact that Leno was also very good before his injury.

LG10

It’s his distribution that kills me. Emi is so superior in that department; look at our first goal against city in the semi, we don’t score that if Leno starts the move. It’s these little things that matter and what separates a good side from a great one.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Maybe the best shot stopper in the league? (I dont pay attention to Alisson enough)

If Leno commanded his box better he would be an elite goalkeeper. Until he does so hes a every good keeper who was our best player with Auba until his injury.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It’s his distribution that kills me. Emi is so superior in that department; look at our first goal against city in the semi, we don’t score that if Leno starts the move. It’s these little things that matter and what separates a good side from a great one.

Yes I agree with this ,our big improvement in playing out the back has a lot to do with his composure and passing ability. Also don’t want to chance winning chemistry but it is what it is.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The new system will help him and he will improve as the games go by.

He won’t be able to command the box as Martinez does in my estimation but that aside Leno is more than capable of doing an excellent job at the back.

We shouldn’t be wasting money on this position, the idea was to keep Emi and have Leno try reclaim the starting spot, now we should pass that position to Macey.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Disagree on this one, both keepers struggle with that.

I think if we continue with the tactics from the restart period we would probably be better with Martinez who deals well with a deep defense and many crosses.
Leno, for me, always looked better when the defence was higher up the pitch and he was having some magical saves from the open play, but he never feels comfortable enough in a crowded box.
At the moment, our game suits Martinez more because of that, but I don't think Arteta will play this way for long. He will eventually start playing with 2 CB's and our defense will be pushed forward, and that is the setup for Leno.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

To be fair, I'd even have sold Leno to Chelsea for 40-50m bucks and have the better keeper prevail.
Leno would've brought us more cash and he's just so much top or flop at times.

Just feel, especially in the Prem, you need more aerial dominance and composure for the physical game. Martinez is just the more well-rounded keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom