• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One thing I’m not sure on is how much Arteta rates Partey. We know Partey has been a target for the club from prior to Arteta. On the other hand we have a good idea that Arteta does rate Aouar very highly. I still do think though that Partey is good value for his current release clause.

Partey probably can be directly tied with a need to shift Guendouzi for a good price to make room for upgrade. Aouar brings us something a little bit different in terms of variety in our CM roster.

Yeah, maybe not a coincidence that Partey rumours have quietens down since Raul's gone and now Aouar who we know Arteta likes seems more a target

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Waiting for the big transfer story of the night...

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Arteta plans on keeping El Neny and AMN, I'm not sure if our midfield will have room for Aouar and Partey. Wouldn't be surprised if we only bought one of them, and spent the rest of the window trying to offload players. The Emi sale might be all we need to afford Aouar this window. And maybe we come back for Partey in January.

Right now our midfield is Xhaka, Ceballos, El Neny, Willock, Douzi, ESR, Özil, Torreira, and AMN. That's 9 players for at best 3 positions if we eventually switch to a 4-3-3. We are trying to sell Torreira and Douzi, so that drops us down to 7 players. Also, if we're not selling AMN I would be surprised if he doesn't become part of our midfield rotation. Arteta, also, says that Willian can play AM, so now we're back to 8 players for three positions. Add Aouar and we're back to 9 players.

Of those 9, Özil, Willock and ESR will probably play the least, and now we'd have a six-player rotation of Xhaka, Aouar, Ceballos, El Neny, AMN, and Willian. Not sure there is room for Partey if El Neny and AMN are gonna get minutes in midfield.

If we can bring in Aouar this window, and sell Torreira, Douzi, Sokratis, Emi, and Kolasinac we'll be in pretty good shape. Ideally, we would find a backup GK, but we actually have a lot of promising GKs coming through, so making Macey the backup and getting a closer look at our younger GKs could also be a good idea.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we were to activate Partey's release clause, we would have to pay the 50m up front and in full, am I correct? I really don't see us making any more big money signing if we do get him.

Think it's either Partey or Aouar.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Arteta is making everyone look great. I think we're definitely selling el neny is partey and auora come in. Hopefully he'll sell quickly with a possible higher fee with the display he's shown so far.

Actually I'm shocked more teams aren't in for el neny.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The imminent sale of Martinez mean that the club has recaptured most of the money that was spent on Gabriel and thats the only money we have spent this transfer window ( the money spent on Mari doesnt really count in this context ).

Last edited:

zilfy

If we were to activate Partey's release clause, we would have to pay the 50m up front and in full, am I correct? I really don't see us making any more big money signing if we do get him.

Think it's either Partey or Aouar.
Getting both seems unlikely, but I still think we'll get 2 more midfielders though- one of these 2 and then a cheaper option.

Ie aouar and soumare
Or
Partey and buendia

So many games this season there will need to be plenty of rotation, and willock/el neny doesn't cut it

Manberg

Predator
The imminent sale of Martinez mean that the club has recaptured most of the money that was spent on Gabriel and thats the only money we have spent this transfer window ( the money spent on Mari doesnt really count in this context ). I am not including the potential loan fees here btw.

The Europa League money covered Gabriel, and the Ceballos fee.

Martinez money will be spent on a replacement. Partey/Aouar money will have to come from a combination of sales of players such as Torreira and perhaps Bellerin.

Iceman10

Established Member
The Europa League money covered Gabriel, and the Ceballos fee.

Martinez money will be spent on a replacement. Partey/Aouar money will have to come from a combination of sales of players such as Torreira and perhaps Bellerin.

I’ve seen it reported that even being in the EL is now worth 40m more than not. Has also been reported we’re not paying a loan fee for Ceb this time. We’ve also terminated contracts for Mikhi, have heard same is being done for Sok also. I really don’t think we need to do much more, if anything, to secure a spread payments deal for Aouar right now. For Partey where the RC has to be upfront, that is a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom