• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A massively underrated player here. So much better defensively now and linked up well with Willian yesterday. Big season for him. Easily our best right back. It should be between him and Walker for 2nd best right back in the league. He's better than **** Bissaka.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure what was going on in the match thread. Woke up late (GMT-8) but when I went into the thread during the second half Bellerin was being picked out as a poor performer during the match. Comments in this thread seem more balanced, and match with what I saw on watching a recording. Maybe it has something to do with sales on the mind, AMN vs. Bellerin. I hope we can keep both. Don’t think we need to sell either to bring in Aouar.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not sure what was going on in the match thread. Woke up late (GMT-8) but when I went into the thread during the second half Bellerin was being picked out as a poor performer during the match. Comments in this thread seem more balanced, and match with what I saw on watching a recording. Maybe it has something to do with sales on the mind, AMN vs. Bellerin. I hope we can keep both. Don’t think we need to sell either to bring in Aouar.

Yeah never go by the match-threads. I learned this a long time ago. This forum is reactionary enough but when the match is actually happening it goes up several levels. :lol:

He's definitely close to being back to his best, heck some of the passes he's been making in terms of leading to goals/chances as part of the build, has been as good as I've ever seen from him. Also agree on your comments about AMN/Bellerin, ideally we really need to keep both. Like the Leno/Martinez situation is one thing but in this case both are currently starters here, AMN will be needed for his versatility he's pretty much direct backup if Tierney ever got injured for example (assuming we go back to 4atb) while he's the current starting LWB. It'd definitely weaken the squad a bit in that department if we had to get rid of one of them. Hopefully we can get rid of the other deadwood first and then asses things.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Don't agree with your view but love your persistence on the wurst pun. Relating fascism to veganism is big misteak.
Thanks. Not when you force it on others like the jolly green giants have done at Forest Green. Forcing someone to do something they disagree with (and which is harmful to many) is fascism.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lost possesion several times, got skinned and made a stupid foul, did what always does and ran away and hid from ball as much a possible.

Bellerin and AMN were theinly two that played poorly for us.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol:

Thought Bellerin was great myself but there you go.

Kysus

Bellerin has subpar dribbling technique and is not the quickest with the ball at his feet(people forget that when mentioning his pace) which makes him really predictable/easy to defend against in the final third.
His positioning is inconsistent and he regularly gets caught wrongside(see rugby tackle yesterday)

What does he offer us? I have seen it being asked before and nobody seems to have an answer.
A RB who is mediocre with the ball, mediocre defender(positioning, 1vs1, in the air)
Only asset is pace without the ball(acceleration has declined greatly with injury as well)
AMN has a much higher ceiling and is already the better player in a 5(in a 4 we don't know)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You don’t sell him at this point, if only for squad depth.

Bellerin, Tierny, AMN and Saka are outstanding options.

Kysus

Cedric is fine as a backup/competition for AMN, from the little I have seen he looks a lot more sound technicially than Bellerin.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You don’t sell him at this point, if only for squad depth.

Bellerin, Tierny, AMN and Saka are outstanding options.
Out of all of our options, I like Cedric the least and we've recently tied him down to a long term deal.

It feels like one of Bellerin or AMN has to go - to reduce squad bloat and help address our lack of funds.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
HECTOR BELLERIN APPRECIATION
84.5 – Pass completion percentage on 74.2% expected passing

7 – Progressive Passes completed, led all players

4 – Passes completed into the box, led all players

10 – Progressive carries led all players

1 – Dribble

1 – Interception

If this is one of the last matches that Hector Bellerin plays with Arsenal I really want to appreciate it. He made some great contributions to Arsenal’s attack with his passing and ability on the ball. Replacing that skill is not going to be easy, and it is pretty clear what other top teams want when they are making bids to try to bring Bellerin into their teams. I think that he has absolutely represented the club the right way and I don’t want to see him leave, especially right as he is seeming to come back into form after his knee injury.

https://arseblog.news/2020/09/fulham-0-3-arsenal-by-the-numbers/

That pass for Auba.. :drool: Why didn't he shoot first time?!

Another very good performance. Doing it consistently now, no matter the opposition.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He needs to come out of the closet
Nah a friend of a friend went to his yard a while ago. Said there was just a naked peng ting laying on his sofa when he walked in. :lol::lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nah a friend of a friend went to his yard a while ago. Said there was just a naked peng ting laying on his sofa when he walked in. :lol::lol:

Please don't call Hector a "naked peng ting" ever again. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom