• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Players we want to sell or just get rid of -

Guendouzi - £25M
Elneny - £2M
Özil - free but 18m a year off wages
Sokratis - £5M
Mustafi - £10M
Holding - £10M
AMN - £30M
Torreira - £20M

Players we would be open to sell -

Laca - £30M
Bellerin - £30M

Main targets -

Willian - free/18M over 3 years.
Partey - £45M
Gabriel - £28M

After that I guess its a waiting game on the AM.

If we get what we want to get done done we will have a squad worthy of a top 4 challenge.
My dream summer would be the following,

Would really like sold/gone:

- Guendouzi
- Bellerin - definitely prefer him to Soares but we’ve tied the latter down now. Prefer AMN out of all of them it’s just whether he wants to play rb/rwb.
- Özil
- Sokratis
- Holding
- Torreira
- Kolasinac

Players I would sell for the right price:

Laca - only if we got a replacement/target man
El neny - wouldn’t mind him as 4th choice assuming Ceballos and our main midfield target does get signed. Better than Guen and Torreira atm.

Coming in: don’t care who, as long as they are an athletic well rounded central midfielder to go along with our current options. I am open to a cheaper alternative to Partey if need be.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Better than Guen and Torreira atm.

Is this based on Liverpool performance or what? That is one game? Or do you mean that those players are worse because they won't likely play for us anymore?

No way Elneny is better than them, have you forgot the backwards/sideways non-stop passing?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

:lol: I haven’t forgotten his sideways/backwards passing at all.

My stance on Elneny has been consistent for years, I don’t think he’s a bad player, he’s just not first or second choice for a serious team. So to answer your question, no - not based off one glorified friendly.

I personally have no hope for Guendouzi or Torreira, in my opinion they are just shockingly bad.

Guendouzi can redeem himself in the future maybe if he sorts out his character, he definitely has the most talent out of all the names I’ve just mentioned. I doubt it will be for us though.

Okay, well there is a reason why Elneny played in Turkey last season and no one wants to buy him while he is cheap & he is a great cheerful guy with no problems.

Meanwhile Guendouzi & Torreira started in EPL & Serie A.

But yeah, that just surprised me and you are entitled to your opinion. I'm fine for him to be the last backup player if no one buys him. Seems like the last loan didn't do much to attract buyers so whats the point.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Is this based on Liverpool performance or what? That is one game? Or do you mean that those players are worse because they won't likely play for us anymore?

No way Elneny is better than them, have you forgot the backwards/sideways non-stop passing?
:lol: I haven’t forgotten his sideways/backwards passing at all.

My stance on Elneny has been consistent for years, I don’t think he’s a bad player, he’s just not first or second choice for a serious team. So to answer your question, no - not based off one glorified friendly.

I personally have no hope for Guendouzi or Torreira, in my opinion they are just shockingly bad.

Guendouzi can redeem himself in the future maybe if he sorts out his character, and refines his game and develops tactically. At the moment he just runs around (which is understandable he’s a kid).

He definitely has the most talent out of all the names I’ve just mentioned. I doubt it will be for us though

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Okay, well there is a reason why Elneny played in Turkey last season and no one wants to buy him while he is cheap & he is a great cheerful guy with no problems.
He did very well with Besiktas actually. The main reason he is back is payment disputes. The club is strapped for cash and it got all messy otherwise it was looking like he was going to stay.

I wouldn’t be surprised if another Turkish team came in for him he made a big impression in that league.

Whilst he’s here, he will help us a lot whilst we try to play from the back. He’s a calm presence with a bit of physicality - good at tactical fouls and hardly ever makes a bad pass. He’s not as bad as people think he’s just incredibly boring/negative. Europa league is definitely his level and he will do just fine for us in the early fixtures assuming he stays.

You’ve got it a bit confused it’s Guendouzi and Torreira nobody wants (so far).

BobP

Memri Fan
GK
Leno
Martinez

CB
Saliba
Gabriel
Luiz
Mari
Mustafi
Chambers

RB
AMN
Cedric

LB
Tierney
?

CM
Xhaka
?
Ceballos
Willock
ESR

RW
Pepe
Willian
Nelson

LW
Aubameyang
Saka
Martinelli

ST
Lacazette
Nketiah

Out (includes players who likely won't play even if they remain at the club): Sokratis, Holding (loan), Bellerin, Kolasinac, Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny, Özil.

If we can sign a LB and Aouar, I'd be really content. Elneny is borderline. Don't really see a place for him in light of the return of Ceballos and the impending arrival of a A+ midfielder. The Lacazette situation is the only cause for concern, unsure as to how that will pan out there.

Outside of that, things are looking great. By the start of the 21-22 season, all of Luiz, Mustafi and above all Özil will have left.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My dream summer would be the following,

Would really like sold/gone:

- Guendouzi
- Bellerin - definitely prefer him to Soares but we’ve tied the latter down now. Prefer AMN out of all of them it’s just whether he wants to play rb/rwb.
- Özil
- Sokratis
- Holding
- Torreira
- Kolasinac

Players I would sell for the right price:

Laca - only if we got a replacement/target man
El neny - wouldn’t mind him as 4th choice assuming Ceballos and our main midfield target does get signed. Better than Guen and Torreira atm.

Coming in: don’t care who, as long as they are an athletic well rounded central midfielder to go along with our current options. I am open to a cheaper alternative to Partey if need be.

Yeah nice I think my dream summer would be similar. I think a couple months when we were first linked to Willian I said Gabriel, Partey and Aouar are what I'd want in terms of ins. But a dream summer for me would consist of -

Sales -
Guendouzi
- At this rate i'd take £20M just to get funds in. Might end up having to loan him out.
Torreira - Seems close to an exit, also seems like we'll eventually get a total of around £25M for him which is brilliant. £3.6M off the wage bill.
Sokratis - No doubt he goes to Napoli for a Kosc fee or contract terminated. Either way Its going to be £4.5M a year off the wage bill.
Kolasinac - A huge amount of money off the wage bill. Supposedly between £5-8M. May get a fee.
Bellerin - PSG will end up paying £35M I think. Most likely £30+£5m in add ons. But that is a very nice chunk to work with. Also a further £4.8M off the wage bill.
Holding - Looks set for a loan to Newcastle which is a good move considering Luiz and Mustafi will be out of contract next summer. Probably get a £2-3M loan fee.
Chambers - Fulham seem interested. I'd let him go for £12M due to his injury.
Özil - The good news is he will be gone within the next year. A mammoth £18M off the wage bill. I don't care about him if I'm being honest, he can do what he wants. Mainly due to the fact he'll be gone no matter what within the next 10 months.
Lacazette - Atletico Madrid are the only club who would potentially pay a fee and also be able to give him the £180k a week that he earns. £25M fee and a further £8.6M off the wage bill. I'll stress that I'd only sell him as he has two years left on his current deal. From a business perspective it makes no sense to give him a new contract. So if we can get money for him now its very smart business.
ESR - Need to specify this is a loan and nothing more, a loan to a premier league club but only if we are successful with our midfield moves.

Rough amount of cash made from sales and loans - £120M.
Wages off the books NOT including Özil - £32M a year. With Özil also leaving - £50M a year.

I think its all fairly realistic except Lacazette and Guendouzi. They will be the hardest players to shift.

Players I would sign -

Willian - Would I have gone for Willian initially? I actually would on a free. It makes sense as we already have Auba/Pepe out wide. He's getting 100k a week initially but ultimately costing us £10M a year. Which is excellent business in my opinion.
Gabriel - On paper a quality signing, left footed, left sided CB is ideal
for what we need. £24M initial fee and I think he's on just over £3M a year which is superb.
Ceballos - Another done deal on loan. And apparently we are only paying his full wages?! £2.7M for the year, fantastic business.
Partey - £45M release clause. Probably be on around £180k a week wages. Its his last big contract really. I'm happy to pay that for a world class CL level midfielder.
Aouar - Reminds me of David Silva and Iniesta. Exactly what we are missing in midfield and have arguably been missing for a very long time. He would cost £50M and likely be on £120k a week.
Edouard - I think you'd be looking at £30M fee and £4M a year wages. It would be between him and Malen for me as the long term striker, but given what Arteta likes Edouard would be perfect.

Total cost of signings - £155M. Total wages of signings coming in - £28M a year.

For me this would be a 10/10 window. Without Edouard/Laca its a 9/10. Without Aouar its a 7/10. Without Partey its a 4/10.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well thought out. We could day dream about this stuff all day couldn’t we.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
—————-Lacazette————-

——Auba—————Pepe—-

————Partey——Willian—

Tierny———————Maitland-Niles

——Magahlaes—Luiz—Saliba—-

———————Leno—————-

Balance then we got.

oh to be a goon

Tierney has essential cemented his place in the LCB role for me since he basically plays as a LB in possession anyways. And LWB is perfect for Saka as it gives him freedom to drift infield as well. Its the best way to accommodate all of Tierney, Saka, and Auba on the left wing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are so stacked out wide now. Auba/Willian/Pepe/Saka is a really top draw collection of wide players. Having any two of those to bring off the bench is a game changer.

We can also afford to ease Martinelli back in this season which is a big positive.

Its hard to see where Nelson will get a game though, probably the odd league cup and Europa game. Think he'll need a loan.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
—————-Lacazette————-

——Auba—————Pepe—-

————Partey——Willian—

Tierny———————Maitland-Niles

——Magahlaes—Luiz—Saliba—-

———————Leno—————-

Balance then we got.

That team gets overrun. Can't just have Partey and Willian at CM even with 5 at back in defense

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
None of Martinez (sold now), Luiz, Saliba, Saka, Guendouzi, Özil, Martinelli all played no part in yesterday's game. Pepe and Ceballos came on. Our squad is shaping up nicely.

Any of Luiz, Mari, Chambers or Mustafi can come in and replace Holding. We need a midfield star to come in for El Nenny with Xhaka or Ceballos next to them.

Our squad is STRONG after that. The question I suppose is how much people rate Xhaka as a midfield anchor and Lacazette and Nketiah as CFs.

I rate Xhaka as long as he has mobility around him. Laca is good, but I don't like the way that he's been playing fkr the last 18 months. Too defensive. Nketiah is the polar opposite in style though and will relish opportunities to start in this team.

A Martinez replacement, starting CM and Lacazette to go back to his Lyon form and our squad is top 4 ready.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is this our squad for the season? Wouldn't be surprised if we don't get another outfield Ayer this window.

Think we went into the window with hopes of selling Guendouzi, Torreira, Sokratis, AMN/Bellerin and doing a major rebuild quickly. Realities of the window maybe mean Artetas telling Holding and El-Neny he needs them because we can't afford anyone better

Makavelii

If we plan on plying a 343 for the season, then I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t buy another midfielder.
Knowing Arsenal decision makers, they will judge that an upgrade on Elneny > Partey isn’t quite worth the 40+ mill it would cost.

We definitely won’t buy another one if we don’t sell at least one of Torreira and Guendouzi if not both.

P.S. If we plan to stick with a 343, is there any room for Auoar? He isn’t a CM and wouldn’t fit in this formation except maybe the wing which we don’t need.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we plan on plying a 343 for the season, then I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t buy another midfielder.
Knowing Arsenal decision makers, they will judge that an upgrade on Elneny > Partey isn’t quite worth the 40+ mill it would cost.

We definitely won’t buy another one if we don’t sell at least one of Torreira and Guendouzi if not both.

P.S. If we plan to stick with a 343, is there any room for Auoar? He isn’t a CM and wouldn’t fit in this formation except maybe the wing which we don’t need.

Aouar is a CM and imagine him in the positions Elneny got into yesterday further forward...

I think the long term plan is 433 and 343 depending on who we play. Once we are able to sign Partey and Aouar, or players similar to them (might not be this window) then we will move to that.

I'm still confident in getting rid of the required players to bring in two more outfield players.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Same issues as the past couple of season. I think our forward line is potent and I like the majority if not all our options. For the past 2 or more seasons they’ve made the most out of very little.

Leno and Tierney aside though, everything else is bang average.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Our team is full of inconsistent players. Bellerin for example can go from a solid effective RB to a passenger that lets every counter attack pass him, Lacazette who's poor all game but can still get a goal, Ceballos who keeps messing up but suddenly assists a goal. Too many players that can't play their best over 90 minutes.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Our team is full of inconsistent players. Bellerin for example can go from a solid effective RB to a passenger that lets every counter attack pass him, Lacazette who's poor all game but can still get a goal, Ceballos who keeps messing up but suddenly assists a goal. Too many players that can't play their best over 90 minutes.

This is the thing, a couple of good games from these guys and we get gassed up so much thinking they're good enough but every so often reality smacks us in the face. There's so few guys in our squad that are actually both good enough and more importantly consistent enough to be playing for a top 4 side. Literally a handful of them currently. Also I feel like perhaps the system was doing well to hide the short-comings of a lot of our players. But yesterday it all fell apart really and all of a sudden we're reminded of how limited some of these players are.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom