• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Could it be that he was simply unfit during Emery's tenure? Lad is bang on quality and has been incredibly sharp in both initial games for us since joining from Madrid.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Could it be that he was simply unfit during Emery's tenure? Lad is bang on quality and has been incredibly sharp in both initial games for us since joining from Madrid.

No. Not that his abilities weren't quality at the time, but Emery simply couldn't use him right/bring the best out of him.

Arteta focused on coaching him post-lockdown, often concentrating on him during games. As I said before I'll probably never get DANI DANI DANI out of my head. It paid off.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

No. Not that his abilities weren't quality at the time, but Emery simply couldn't use him right/bring the best out of him.

Arteta focused on coaching him post-lockdown, often concentrating on him during games. As I said before I'll probably never get DANI DANI DANI out of my head. It paid off.
Think the entire squad was unfit as was evident during Arteta's initial analysis and insistence on a mid-season training camp. Not saying Emery set up Dani for success but ultimately he's such a quality footballer that I think under most circumstances, he will perform. Obviously didn't until Arteta, but maybe he was unfit? Just a thought.

Taneruit

Established Member

Think the entire squad was unfit as was evident during Arteta's initial analysis and insistence on a mid-season training camp. Not saying Emery set up Dani for success but ultimately he's such a quality footballer that I think under most circumstances, he will perform. Obviously didn't until Arteta, but maybe he was unfit? Just a thought.

Ehh, I dunno. Even during post-lockdown his worst performance was first half against Villa where Arteta was more hands-off with him.

In terms of individual quality I agree. In terms of decision making and discipline I think he improved a lot under Arteta.

I also think that's/was the reason he's not highly rated by Zidane. Your view on it may be different, of course.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Emery usually play him in a pressing 10?

He's clearly a deep playmaker really, he's kinda like a less skillful more aggressive Xabi Alonso...wonder if Unai would have played Xabi in attacking midfield :lol:

Taneruit

Established Member

Didn't Emery usually play him in a pressing 10?

He's clearly a deep playmaker really, he's kinda like a less skillful more aggressive Xabi Alonso...wonder if Unai would have played Xabi in attacking midfield :lol:

Emery played Torreira in a 10, says it all really.

Always wondered if he got that idea from Chelsea when they played Kante in a 10. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s always been an attacking midfielder to be fair. It’s actually Arteta playing him out of position - with loads of hands on coaching like mentioned above.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s going to take the piss this season. The youtube compilations are going to be mad!

@Riou you give a player of his talent a second chance to play as an 8/10. Don’t think we can draw too many conclusions from his first stint there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He’s going to take the piss this season. The youtube compilations are going to be mad!

@Riou you give a player of his talent a second chance to play as an 8/10. Don’t think we can draw too many conclusions from his first stint there.

Agreed, still prefer him deeper though...hope we can eventually transition away from a 10 though in a 3 man midfield, would like a 6 with 2 attacking 8s like City in hopefully the near future.

Looking at his stats he has quite low numbers, even at Betis...did he play as a number 10 there?

Think Dani is a quality player, think he is our best midfielder from a deep position...if we signed Partey it would be Dani to play next to him for me.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah that s true I swear I heard it first half:lol: wtf

samshere

Why so serieuse?

And the lockdown helped Ceballos hear Artetas instructions, instead of being drowned by the crowd noise.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Actually the one great benefit we had during those covid times .

Arteta was already having a hard time with the players to adjust to a completely new level of tactical play, given that he's never had any kind of pre-season or really a few weeks to do some stuff due to our nightmare schedule, the ability to interfere during the game without fans has been vital

Latest posts+

Top Bottom